Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

Hi I have test on 1st April. Just wondering how did, you write or what format you wrote the incident report. Could you give me an example paragraph please. I looked all over the net to find a suitable one. All of them are in different formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eeeeno

btmp75 wrote: »
    Hi I have test on 1st April.

Out of curiosity when did you submit application form?
    I sent mine in early Feb .
    Thanks
    P.

I sent it on 1st or 2nd Feb.

Balls
    Must have missed it by a week.
    Thanks, good luck on your test..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭rx8

A new class also started yesterday, (Tuesday 29th ).
    Spotted them at the uniform stores getting kitted out. Don't know anything about what kind of licence they had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf219

Does anyone know the time scale they get back to you after you passed the medical. Over 6 weeks ago, heard nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Passed my cpc today. Got 2 questions wrong...

It was ridiculously easy .. Would make one wonder why they do it. 74 quid to read 3 silly stories

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Do you not get the uniform the 1St day of training?? A group started the 29th and then a group starting the 4th of April seems a bit close?? Must be a week of class rooms and a week of driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Do you not get the uniform the 1St day of training?? A group started the 29th and then a group starting the 4th of April seems a bit close?? Must be a week of class rooms and a week of driving?
    You'll go home on the first day like you've just been released from the Joy with a bin bag full of clothes!

Training is a mixture of classroom and driving depending on availability of buses and trainers. It used to vary when I was there, somedays would be entirely classroom or driving, others it was classroom in the morning and driving in the afternoon. You'll spend most of the driving time going around the areas/routes you'll be operating and getting type trained on the different bus types in your allocated depot.

macroman wrote: »
    You'll go home on the first day like you've just been released from the Joy with a bin bag full of clothes!

Training is a mixture of classroom and driving depending on availability of buses and trainers. It used to vary when I was there, somedays would be entirely classroom or driving, others it was classroom in the morning and driving in the afternoon. You'll spend most of the driving time going around the areas/routes you'll be operating and getting type trained on the different bus types in your allocated depot.

Thanks pal, that's kinda what I was thinking! Been driving coaches for the over a year now I am extremely excited starting with dublin bus as that's why I went for the licence in the 1St place... but at the same time I am a little nervous about it as it's a completely different kind of client/passenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Thanks pal, that's kinda what I was thinking! Been driving coaches for the over a year now I am extremely excited starting with dublin bus as that's why I went for the licence in the 1St place... but at the same time I am a little nervous about it as it's a completely different kind of client/passenger.

And a completely different type of driving too.

What kind of coach work are you doing ?

And a completely different type of driving too.

What kind of coach work are you doing ?

Private work such as schools weddings tours shuttles big company days and the likes,

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I came from a tours background and had the same reservations. First few days in the garage you'll have a mentor driver with you to ease you in who will check back in on you a few times in your first year. You'll be sent back up to the training school a few times during your first year too for CPC and vigil vanguard training.

Different kind of customer is right, you'll be carrying everyone from every background. Some people go out to make you're day difficult, don't rise to them and if in doubt call control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Private work such as schools weddings tours shuttles big company days and the likes,

So it would be a different kind of driving altogether really.

If you don't mind being clogged up in the city center 4 times a day and stopping every 30meters for a bus stop, traffic light etc all day then great but if the city gets to you or you don't like it , it can be an absolute pain.

What I'm saying is really if you take this job; leave your current one on really good terms incase you want to go back.

Good luck either way

So it would be a different kind of driving altogether really.

If you don't mind being clogged up in the city center 4 times a day and stopping every 30meters for a bus stop, traffic light etc all day then great but if the city gets to you or you don't like it , it can be an absolute pain.

What I'm saying is really if you take this job; leave your current one on really good terms incase you want to go back.

Good luck either way

Thanks for that, don't think I'll mind traffic jams or stopping all the time to be honest? Just some horror stories you get told about assaults and that it going round and round ye know?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Assaults happen and you really need a thick skin.

You will meet genuine decent folk but you will meet the lowest of them also as they have nothing to lose and don't have an ounce of respect for anyone.

Be prepared to deal with absolute lunatics on and off the bus.

Eeeeno wrote: »
    Balls
    Must have missed it by a week.
    Thanks, good luck on your test..

Hi you have full D license?

No, just B licence
    Application went in actually mid feb so I guess another few weeks to wait till I hear word of written assessment date.

Advert on DB has been withdrawn.

Do you think they have reached their quota ?
    Would current applications be processed or canned?

today I attended the written test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

today I attended the written test

How did you get on, it's dead handy isn't it.

How did you get on, it's dead handy isn't it.

Can't say truly. That multiple choice / sorting answers section was bit tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Can't say truly. That multiple choice / sorting answers section was bit tricky.

Well once you get 1 and 4 right, one or two of the 2 and 3 can be a bit tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Hi guys
    Has anyone who did the written assessment on the 4th of mars heard something from dublin bus HR?

Hi guys
    Has anyone who did the written assessment on the 4th of march heard something from dublin bus HR?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I applied after I went to the trouble of all the D theory and L licence, and still have no responce from my application.. 3 weeks now.

Is this the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I applied after I went to the trouble of all the D theory and L licence, and still have no responce from my application.. 3 weeks now.

Is this the norm?

Yes. Can be slow

Is this the norm?

Expect 8 week , my application took around that time

kouffaley wrote: »
    Expect 8 week , my application took around that time

I applied in 1st feb. I got the response in mid-March. Written test was in 1st April. Waiting for result; fingers and toes crossed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Eeeeno wrote: »
    Advert on DB has been withdrawn.

Do you think they have reached their quota ?
    Would current applications be processed or canned?

In your case canned!
    Having a D licence is a must when applying for these positions.
    Experience behind the wheel also helps.
    What were you thinking when you applied?

Advertisement