Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

In your case canned!
    Having a D licence is a must when applying for these positions.
    Experience behind the wheel also helps.
    What were you thinking when you applied?

What are you on about?

Did you not see the advertised job?

They were looking for drivers with full B for in house training.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eeeeno

In your case canned!
    Having a D licence is a must when applying for these positions.
    Experience behind the wheel also helps.
    What were you thinking when you applied?

What were you thinking in replying on a thread being so ill informed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

What are you on about?

Did you not see the advertised job?

They were looking for drivers with full B for in house training.

Ok, hands up! I didn't see the advertisement but obviously assumed incorrectly!

Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

kouffaley wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Has anyone who did the written assessment on the 4th of march heard something from dublin bus HR?

No not yet, neither have 2 other lads who did it same day.

Apparently the time maybe bumped up, the women's recruitment didn't go to plan and fell well short of numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

No not yet, neither have 2 other lads who did it same day.

Apparently the time maybe bumped up, the women's recruitment didn't go to plan and fell well short of numbers.

In respect of the Women's Open-Days,the opposite is the case.

The original,planned for,one-day event became two,with a third now a possibility with the main issue being one of catering adequately for the additional numbers.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

AlekSmart wrote: »

The original,planned for,one-day event became two,with a third now a possibility with the main issue being one of catering adequately for the additional numbers.

I heard out of 40 interviews set up only 8 showed up.

Lola7301 wrote: »
    Where are you getting your info from? Do you know someone in Dublin Bus? I did one of the open days for women and there were definitely 3 of these days held with a very favourable response. I applied mid March and still waiting to see will I get nod for aptitude test ...

I know a few people, but don't quote me on it.

Chinese whispers and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭btmp75

Today I got an invitation to attend the driving test

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Guy i know passed the driving and fell short at the interview.

Guy i know passed the driving and fell short at the interview.

Oh....yes. Driving test and the interview are the real tests, I heared..

• Advertisement

One of my friends also fell in interview. But can't leave hope and try. Anyway around 3000 drivers passed all these hurdles. So I am hopeful.. ( fingers crossed )

btmp75 wrote: »
    One of my friends also fell in interview. But can't leave hope and try. Anyway around 3000 drivers passed all these hurdles. So I am hopeful.. ( fingers crossed )

do you already have a d licence? if not ,how much training do you receive before the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

do you already have a d licence? if not ,how much training do you receive before the test.

around 3-4 weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AlekSmart wrote: »

Confirming this. My partner missed out on the first Women's Open Day and attended the later one. She was very impressed and really enjoyed driving the bus, but feels she needs to work on the standard of her written English before applying. She very much got the impression that they were super-keen for anyone who attended the Open Day to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

spurious wrote: »
    Confirming this. My partner missed out on the first Women's Open Day and attended the later one. She was very impressed and really enjoyed driving the bus, but feels she needs to work on the standard of her written English before applying. She very much got the impression that they were super-keen for anyone who attended the Open Day to apply.

Get her to apply and start practice right away.

They are mad to get women in over the equality stuff and all that.

When did you sit the written assessment did you have the Full D?

spurious wrote: »

The issue of gender representation in the Busdriving grade is not Dublin Bus specific.

Attracting and retaining women is now one of the foremost aspects of any Bus Company Human Resource focus.

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/women-try-bus-driving-career-92783.aspx

http://www.simplygo.com/news/hundreds-of-job-seekers-give-bus-driving-a-go/

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11560884.Women_in_the_driving_seat_at_Brighton_and_Hove_Bus_Company_open_day/

There are plenty of other examples of similar successful campaigns within the industry.

So,as with life itself,placing excessive reliance on rumours,"Chinese Whispers",mate's gossip or stuff heard down the pub,invariably leads to misinformation,so therefore it is worth while verifying such tales for oneself.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kouffaley

Congrats and all the best for the rest, when did you do the written assessment? was it on the 4th of March?

I understand why woman should be there, but I would hate to think that a woman would be chosen for the job over a man just because she is a woman.

I hope the testing is equal in every way.

I understand why woman should be there, but I would hate to think that a woman would be chosen for the job over a man just because she is a woman.

I hope the testing is equal in every way.

I can't see why it should'nt be.

It's a long time now since we expected women to give up work when they got married etc.

What this campaign,and others in the industry are about is facilitating an increase of INTEREST in,and APPLICATIONS for Busdriving as a worthwhile career.

The point here and abroad is trying to address the reasons why so few Females apply...not why so few are chosen.

One possible explanation up to now,is that there are precious few Women with full D licences in the sector,which the B licence requirement may also help to address.

• Advertisement

I have D license. But I am not that experienced.

When did you sit the written assessment did you have the Full D?

I have full D and written assessment was on 1st April

kouffaley wrote: »
    Congrats and all the best for the rest, when did you do the written assessment? was it on the 4th of March?

Thank you. written test was on 1st April

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf219

Hi lads just got a job offer off Dublin Bus today. For the lads still waiting, just hang in there. The whole process for me took nearly 7 months. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vtwin duke

Well done , best of luck in the new job

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vtwin duke

Lads does anyone know where DB are in their recruiting programme for drivers ?
    I know their ad is suspended , just curious to know if the majority of positions are filled for this year or how many positions would still be open.
    Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Just a quick question is it possible to be promoted to an inspector from a driver just wondering as I heard that must bus inpector (not ticket inpectors) bus inpectors are ex drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Just a quick question is it possible to be promoted to an inspector from a driver just wondering as I heard that must bus inpector (not ticket inpectors) bus inpectors are ex drivers.

Its possible but don't expect it. You'll be in the job about 20 years before you'll even be considered for it. But also you might not get it at all unless your uncle is an inspector etc.

Stephen15 wrote: »

Simplest (Factual) answer, Yes.

Only service related requirement is One year's Post Appointment service...(Two years in total).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lola7301

Are Dublin Bus still recruiting this year or have they filled the positions? I applied start March and thought I would have heard something at this stage re an aptitude test.

Advertisement