Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Reading about your sailing exploits Aquinn, if you were sailing us to Spain I'd say we'd all be bailing :)

TbL

Bailing means you are prepared to go over, this doesn't happen on my boat. You just get chucked out and in the water before you know what's happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

bailing:

1. to remove water from the bottom of a boat by dipping or scooping. Tom has to bail the boat out before we get in. You should always bail out a boat before using it.
    2. to empty a boat of accumulated water. Would you bail this boat out? I will bail out the boat.

And from what I've read Captain AQuinn we'd all be bailing for our lives:)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

bailing:

1. to remove water from the bottom of a boat by dipping or scooping. Tom has to bail the boat out before we get in. You should always bail out a boat before using it.
    2. to empty a boat of accumulated water. Would you bail this boat out? I will bail out the boat.

And from what I've read Captain AQuinn we'd all be bailing for our lives:)

TbL

where's your sense of adventure TBL :p plus, sea swimming is super good for the injuries so she'd really be doing us a favour :D

Unfookinbelievable Part 2!

Today: plan called for 2 mile wu/cd, 6 x 600 at 2.08-2.12 off 90 seconds recovery.

Couldn't find anywhere safe beside the hotel to do this so I googled tracks near Redhill and it came up with a cinder track not too far from hotel (see attached photo). Despite the multitude of coordinates I got lost and had to find it the old fashioned way, by asking people!

By the time I eventually found it I'd lost a fair bit of my motivation for this.

Started the reps and couldn't believe how slowly I was going at what seemed like a fairly high effort level. Very poor tonight and it's just as well I entered San Sebastián at the end of November coz I'll need the extra time to get ready.

1. 2.22
    2. 2.22
    3. 2.27
    4. 2.24
    5. 2.28
    6. 2.28

Garmin said I was running 650-660m but it's never accurate on a track and I'm pretty sure I ran a lap and a half so I can't use that as an excuse!

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

In the words of Damien Dempsey 'Patience', you'll get there C.

• Advertisement

Plan today called for a 3 mile Nursing Home Special.

Got into Dublin airport this evening and staying at a hotel near the airport.

Used ALSAA as a base and did 5k at recovery pace, stiff knees, foot and groin that eased out to varying degrees as the run progressed. Had a swim in the pool afterwards.

Had put out a call or two for company on my 15 miler tomorrow but no joy, FBOT had a good suggestion and I was gonna try and hook up with the novices in the PP for this but work has put paid to that and I'll now probably have to just run the 15 around the airport/Santry.

TbL

Will Anna not let Murph out to play again.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

tang1 wrote: »
    Will Anna not let Murph out to play again.........

Murph is still not answering his phone after the love in TbL and you had by the canal:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Tell work to feck off :D We need you to take us round the PP!*

*you can be the Official Selfie Stick Holder, Clearlier wants lots of photos :D

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Tell work to feck off :D We need you to take us round the PP!*

*you can be the Official Selfie Stick Holder, Clearlier wants lots of photos :D

Jaysus, DG. You don't want him as the guide. Those parts of the PP are not for "Novices" :D

• Advertisement

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Jaysus, DG. You don't want him as the guide. Those parts of the PP are not for "Novices" :D

Yeah, you dont want a man who 'accidentally' had his car locked into the Papal Cross car park as your guide around the PP.

Haha FBOT, I'm sure you'll inveigle P to visit those areas on your run tomorrow:)

Didn't try PapaMurph as I saw from his log that he had done a long run already.

Unfortunately I can't DG, I thought it was a great idea and was looking forward to it as it would have suited me perfectly. Much better than traipsing around the airport on my tod!

TbL

Yeah, you dont want a man who 'accidentally' had his car locked into the Papal Cross car park as your guide around the PP.

This from a man that was encouraging me to go skinny dipping in the canal during our run :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

This from a man that was encouraging me to go skinny dipping in the canal during our run :)

TbL

:eek: :eek: 50 shades of Connemara featuring a not so sweet 'elder' lemon and a midlands man with an identity crisis :D

Firedance wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: 50 shades of Connemara featuring a not so sweet 'elder' lemon and a midlands man with an identity crisis :D

Says the OCD Vino drinking Jackeen!

Plan today called for a few miles at a bit faster than steady pace and tomorrow's run was to be 15 easy. I'm travelling to UK today to see Stoke v Liverpool with my auld lad and my young lad so I won't get a chance to run tomorrow. Decided I needed to try and get back on the horse and try the longer run today. I had only a short window to get it done and late last night I got a text from the oldest running ART legend PappasMurph, who offered to do a few miles with me. Was instructed to meet at the wooden bridge in Dollymount. Wha! Where! I told D, that that was like me asking him to meet me outside Josie Phat Willies house in Connemara! Google maps got me there eventually. I did a couple of auld man stretches while waiting nervously on the bridge for the legendary Crusader to arrive. He strode through the early morning sunshine shortly thereafter and after a quick get to know each other cuddle we were on our way. Down along the strand (I now know I'll never do the Clontarf half!), East Point, the docks area Fairview Park, (many years ago I used to work not far from there) and parts of Dublin I'd never set foot in before. It was a glorious morning and Murphs guided tour made Dublin almost seem like a nice place! At the start we also passed the spot where AQuinn is learning to swim (sorry sail :)) and its a pity we couldn't find her boat coz we were gonna leave a note.

Goal for me was to get two hours on my feet and not worry about the pace after the disastrous 12 miler on Monday. Was concerned that I was holding Murph back a bit but ever the gracious tour guide he said it was grand.

Really happy with the way it went and the body held it together till about mile when I stated to stiffen up so I decided to leave it at 13 miles. That's the longest I've run since last March (maybe early April) so another step forward.

Thanks D, really enjoyed the run and company, you've set the bar very high for future running dates :)

Hope A doesn't come back too grumpy :)

Don't have the splits as I left the Garmin behind, I'm sure Murph will post it from his abacus!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

I told D, that that was like me asking him to meet me outside Josie Phat Willies house in Connemara!

I actually think I know where that is ;)! I had a misspent youth (summers anyway :rolleyes:) at Colaiste Chamuis. Tigh Josie Phat Willies is the bungalow, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I thought he was being puerile with with that "Phat Willie" stuff but apparently not. :)

Good solid run, C. Glad Murph and you have made up ;)

Enjoy the match with the other generations of Lemons!

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    I actually think I know where that is ;)! I had a misspent youth (summers anyway :rolleyes:) at Colaiste Chamuis. Tigh Josie Phat Willies is the bungalow, right ?

That's the one, did you see much of Phat Willie ;)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

That's the one, did you see much of Phat Willie ;)

TbL
    :eek:
    Murph_D wrote: »
    I thought he was being puerile with with that "Phat Willie" stuff but apparently not. :)

Nope. Not puerile at all ... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

I'm travelling to UK today to see Stoke v Liverpool with my auld lad and my young lad so I won't get a chance to run tomorrow.

At least you are auld enough to remember Liverpool winning the league :pac:

Tom Joad wrote: »
    At least you are auld enough to remember Liverpool winning the league :pac:

Ah but I'm a Stoke supporter TJ, have season tickets!

If you want to go to the metropolis of Stoke and see a game, just let me know!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

TbL

Are you old enough to remember Stoke winning the league? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

TbL

You kept that one quiet! You and Phil Taylor are the only Stoke fans I know!

annapr wrote: »
    Are you old enough to remember Stoke winning the league? ;)

Never happened! You seriously a season ticket holder C?

Sugar Ray Leonard is also a big fan. And Busta Rhymes.

Phil Taylor supports Port Vale, the other team in Stoke!
    Never happened! You seriously a season ticket holder C?

Yep, mainly so the young lad can see some matches. If you wanted to go to a game B just let me know

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Phil Taylor supports Port Vale, the other team in Stoke!

Yep, mainly so the young lad can see some matches. If you wanted to go to a game B just let me know

TbL

Eamonn Deacy Park.... Better quality... Cough cough..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I went to Stoke for a game once.
    They love a bit of Tom Jones:)

Advertisement