Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eircom tech out here today checking my line to see what the issue is with the broadband speeds. No issues on my line resulting in slow speeds, as expected, so that goes back to eircom. Said he will make note that it's a congestion issue.

On another note, in terms of the fibre, I was told recently that the reason for the delay with the fibre is because councils are asking for a "ridiculous" fee for the fibre cabinets that are being installed. Tramore is impacted by this request that eircom are, I believe, not willing to pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Sully wrote: »
    eircom tech out here today checking my line to see what the issue is with the broadband speeds. No issues on my line resulting in slow speeds, as expected, so that goes back to eircom. Said he will make note that it's a congestion issue.

On another note, in terms of the fibre, I was told recently that the reason for the delay with the fibre is because councils are asking for a "ridiculous" fee for the fibre cabinets that are being installed. Tramore is impacted by this request that eircom are, I believe, not willing to pay out.

We will never get it at this Rate....

Anyone got any updates??? I rang Eircom just now and was told that the schedule says Mar-14 but it could take up till Dec-14 to roll it out. She said the exchange is active for Fibre but its the local cabinets that need to be upgraded/activated still and they have no schedule for that.

I personally think the are trying to get customers to join the existing service first offering them a free upgrade when efibre becomes available. I dont want to switch from Sky but they arent even offering a fibre connection and when i rung them i was told by the rep who contacted the a second level support or someone who should be in the know and was told that there is no plans to offer fibre to any irish customer in 2014...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

kgarvey wrote: »
    Anyone got any updates??? I rang Eircom just now and was told that the schedule says Mar-14 but it could take up till Dec-14 to roll it out. She said the exchange is active for Fibre but its the local cabinets that need to be upgraded/activated still and they have no schedule for that.

I personally think the are trying to get customers to join the existing service first offering them a free upgrade when efibre becomes available. I dont want to switch from Sky but they arent even offering a fibre connection and when i rung them i was told by the rep who contacted the a second level support or someone who should be in the know and was told that there is no plans to offer fibre to any irish customer in 2014...
    I contacted them the other day about switching after I noticed fibre was scheduled for Tramore this month but pretty much got told the same thing about up to December :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 buttsoirl

had calls from comreg / vodafone regarding my complaint on this speed thing, and they told me various cabinets were going live around tramore from the 20th over a period. I checked the speeds yesterday from 3pm onwards and I was able to get 6mb/s for each test right up to and past midnight. Haven't had that in months from 3pm onwards at any stage.
    Dunno if that was a fluke.. so I am going to keep checking it all day

• Advertisement

buttsoirl wrote: »
    had calls from comreg / vodafone regarding my complaint on this speed thing, and they told me various cabinets were going live around tramore from the 20th over a period. I checked the speeds yesterday from 3pm onwards and I was able to get 6mb/s for each test right up to and past midnight. Haven't had that in months from 3pm onwards at any stage.
    Dunno if that was a fluke.. so I am going to keep checking it all day

Im going to check it every hour or so in the evening all weekend and see if i get any difference. I do hope its going live soon. I know the cabinets outside my estate have been there for a long time and they where at them again a few weeks back. Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Benny1210

1 on the lads rang up eircom today from work to find out when the date was for Fibre and was told that there is a problem with the exchange in Waterford and we will probably not see fibre till December this year and that was calling about a buisness connection . Has anyone else heard any more ????

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Folks, can you check your speeds and see what results you are getting? Twice today I am getting 12mb+ - best performance in a long while, but I will continue to monitor it over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

The last 2 days Sully I've been getting over 6mb past 6pm(currently running 6.81 right now). It's the 1st time since like November that it's been like this.

Is it,is it over???

DaveC85 wrote: »
    The last 2 days Sully I've been getting over 6mb past 6pm(currently running 6.81 right now). It's the 1st time since like November that it's been like this.

Is it,is it over???

Haven't got any confirmation but I read elsewhere most issues across the exchanges were due to be addressed by the 20th.

• Advertisement

Im getting 8.2 to 8.6 several times today.

Just got 6.9 on laptop while watching something on netflicks... Could they have fixed it??? Now release Fibre or did they fix it because they arent going to release it till December

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Haven't got any confirmation but I read elsewhere most issues across the exchanges were due to be addressed by the 20th.

I read the same Sully, since yesterday my speeds have been consistently better

3386916093.png

Another check just there - speeds are very good. Usually over the weekend, it's awful.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3388145103

I'll continue to monitor it for a few days, but I hope it's addressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Another check just there - speeds are very good. Usually over the weekend, it's awful.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3388145103

I'll continue to monitor it for a few days, but I hope it's addressed!

Same again, good speeds from the current service and consistent. I sincerely hope this mean the issue of the past few months has been addressed

3388149924.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Glad you guys are getting lovely speeds again, still crap for me. I'm in somerville.

3388272082.png

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

3388297881.png move to town like i did and you could get this on efibre

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Definite improvement in speeds in my house too..
    3388691086.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Is that December date for fibre confirmed...?

Is that December date for fibre confirmed...?

Nope but I suspect people are getting confused and it's more that some areas wont be live until then but roll out starts March (no news on what date).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,152 ✭✭✭✭looksee

3389952103.png

Mine is much the same as it has been, but over the last few days I have noticed a good deal more drag (latancy?) on things like videos and problems with slow reactions.

• Advertisement

Every speed test I do I get more or less the max speed for my line - 12mb. Which is fantastic. Videos are quicker streaming too. If the profile I am on now gives me a guaranteed 12, I would consider asking UTV to change my profile to see how I handle a faster speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Anyone here on Vodafone Broadband?

My speed tests are only about 3mb and I am starting to think that it is because of the crap Vodafone Broadband modem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I was with vodafone and thats the speeds i was getting, i was using the router supplied by eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Best Ping for me in ages and speed around normal for me

3398132100.png

Managed to get 5mb/s download speed now but line keeps dropping on and off and starting to get annoying now.

When talking to eircom I was told it was the router and they sent out a new one, still the same problem happening.

Anyone hear anymore on fibre? There's only 4 more days left in march and eircom still say March, this isn't looking good.

Managed to get 5mb/s download speed now but line keeps dropping on and off and starting to get annoying now.

When talking to eircom I was told it was the router and they sent out a new one, still the same problem happening.

Anyone hear anymore on fibre? There's only 4 more days left in march and eircom still say March, this isn't looking good.

Met a tech who was of the understanding its April. Confirmed its all setup and ready to go live. Just waiting for the approval

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

ye all won't know yourselves when your getting these speeds
    3400025632.png

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

So having raised these issues with comreg (who has to escalate the problem twice with eircom) I finally received an email from eircom apologising and also confirming our suspicions
    "I have been in contact with our broadband technical support management and they have advised me that your exchange has been flagged by them as being congested but unfortunately we do not have a forecast for when the required work will be carried out."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I just live outside tramore, and looking at the map on who are getting fibre im just out side the area :(.
    The only good thing i can think about is that when most of the other people who can get Fibre move. It might improve my 3meg connection. So i get 3megs most times of the day & my 300+ ping will be sub 100 again. I think i would be able to live with that.

Long are the days when i used to use my 56k? home line for my internet back in 1999. 15years down the road and i had to battle to even get a 3meg line to my house.

• Advertisement

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I just live outside tramore, and looking at the map on who are getting fibre im just out side the area :(.
    The only good thing i can think about is that when most of the other people who can get Fibre move. It might improve my 3meg connection. So i get 3megs most times of the day & my 300+ ping will be sub 100 again. I think i would be able to live with that.

Long are the days when i used to use my 56k? home line for my internet back in 1999. 15years down the road and i had to battle to even get a 3meg line to my house.

Thats if we ever get the fibre ;)

Advertisement