Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I got a call from a Vodafone rep.

Apparently my Broadband was on a "fluctuating line" meaning I would only get 2 - 3 mb. They upgraded me to 6mb uncongested line. Should become active in the next 72hours.

I asked about Fibre Broadband and he said definitely not the next month for my account because it would show up on their system a month in advance of it becoming available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Its shameful at the moment, My line can barely get 1mb upload most days! If I tether with my phone on 4G I get 30.11mb upload and 51mb download!!! My phone can provide 50x the speed of a fixed broadband connection, its madness

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

I've been running 7mb+ speeds for the past week or two since they seemed to have solved the issue a little. Got credited with 3 months worth to reset my balance. I stopped paying when there was no end in sight.

If it's still not resolved guys get onto ComReg and inform them. It's the only way to actually get results with these issues,otherwise Eircom will just keep giving you the run about with engineers,faulty equipment and other time wasting excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

Eircom's efibre map has been updated, it now says May

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Eircom's efibre map has been updated, it now says May

This is getting ridiculous now at this stage. I bet when it gets to may the map will update again and say august and so on so on, we will never get it.

Broadband was grand up to today, being going on and off all day again and download speeds are slightly above 0.2mbps. Cant even load a webpage without having to go for a cup of coffee in between and then come back to see I have no DSL.

Getting extremely fed up at this stage, I wonder what's causing the hold up? All cabinets seem to be in place, I've heard the exchange is fibre enabled also.

• Advertisement

Hey. Not sure if you are aware of this map:

http://eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Click on the Fibre Broadband Network Link and zoom in to see the status of the Cabinets in Tramore. All commenced and none live yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

if you get efibre and dont like it you cant go back to your old package

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Hey. Not sure if you are aware of this map:

http://eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Click on the Fibre Broadband Network Link and zoom in to see the status of the Cabinets in Tramore. All commenced and none live yet.

Hey, yeah I've seen that map, however my local cabinet which has power hooked up to it and all underground cables replaced to fibre from the exchange still says its being commissioned.

Hey, yeah I've seen that map, however my local cabinet which has power hooked up to it and all underground cables replaced to fibre from the exchange still says its being commissioned.

Maybe they want a ribbon cutting ceremony before switching on each one

I got a call from a Vodafone rep.

Apparently my Broadband was on a "fluctuating line" meaning I would only get 2 - 3 mb. They upgraded me to 6mb uncongested line. Should become active in the next 72hours.

I asked about Fibre Broadband and he said definitely not the next month for my account because it would show up on their system a month in advance of it becoming available.

Turns out that this was a load of sh!te by a sales rep. I did not notice any speed difference so I called Vodafone and they had no idea what the sales rep had sold to me. All they could see on my account was a contract extension of 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

So we started with Dec 13,then pushed to Feb 14,then March 14(during which we had to suffer through intolerable speeds) and now we're May 14 which will realistically stretch into summer. That's a joke,are they just doing this so we're stuck on crap lines while still paying the same fee every month. No doubt if we were to seek further information no one working for eircon would have a clue about.

A girl I work with apparently has friend who is currently trialing fibre in tramore at the moment. I've my doubts to be honest. According to the map it'll be summer before anything is happening.

As long as the speeds are decent it'll do but at this rate it'll be a year after it's original release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

DaveC85 wrote: »
    So we started with Dec 13,then pushed to Feb 14,then March 14(during which we had to suffer through intolerable speeds) and now we're May 14 which will realistically stretch into summer. That's a joke,are they just doing this so we're stuck on crap lines while still paying the same fee every month. No doubt if we were to seek further information no one working for eircon would have a clue about.

A girl I work with apparently has friend who is currently trialing fibre in tramore at the moment. I've my doubts to be honest. According to the map it'll be summer before anything is happening.

As long as the speeds are decent it'll do but at this rate it'll be a year after it's original release date.

Much agreed with this DaveC85, not heard of the local testing but disappointed that random persons get to test when genuine interested people get left by the wayside like ourselves! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Turns out that this was a load of sh!te by a sales rep. I did not notice any speed difference so I called Vodafone and they had no idea what the sales rep had sold to me. All they could see on my account was a contract extension of 12 months.

Sorry but can't help it but LoL.

I remember one time when busy at work I got a call on my mobile. It was Vodafone asking if I was happy, I said yes. Then asked can I extend your contract I said yes not thinking because I was rushing to get something done.

Anyways a few months later I wanted to change provider, but found out about my extended contract. Thank god it was only 12 more months I signed up for.

Another one was my wife was in labour at the hospital on a Saturday during the middle of the day. I get a phone call on my mobile I pick up thinking its prob one of the sisters trying to find out if the baby has arrived yet. Well it was not a sister but Vodafone prob looking for another extension of contract. I just told them it was an inappropriate time and hung up.

Gotta love Salesperson stories!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Back in Tramore for the first time in 3 months and it seems nothing has changed in this area. Download speed of 0.8mb and upload of 0.45mb.

faceman wrote: »
    Back in Tramore for the first time in 3 months and it seems nothing has changed in this area. Download speed of 0.8mb and upload of 0.45mb.

Most people in the town have reported that speeds are back to normal. i'm the Newtown area myself and speeds have been normal for the past number of weeks with no fluctuations whatsoever usually at any time of day.

3449561697.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Still good here, a tiny bit below normal but all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

still getting brilliant speed here in the city efibre lads its brilliant
    3449653163.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hmmm. I'll get them to put a call in to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 madt

I just checked Eircoms website and it says that my line now supports efibre and I am in Tramore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

madt wrote: »
    I just checked Eircoms website and it says that my line now supports efibre and I am in Tramore

Same here, just checked. Which is odd, seeing as I asked on the eircom site to be contacted when it goes live. Where abouts in Tramore are you? I've checked numerous estates around me and there not coming up as available.

I am in Monvoy Valley. Looks like it has finally arrived :-)

madt wrote: »
    I am in Monvoy Valley. Looks like it has finally arrived :-)

Don't get your hopes up, that may be inaccurate. I've asked eircom to clarify. The map still shows it as May!

Gosh I hope so. If you check on the other providers it is not showing that efibre is available:-( Fingers crossed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Its a late April Fools day joke from eircom, don't get your hopes up.
    But i hope im wrong.

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Its a late April Fools day joke from eircom, don't get your hopes up.
    But i hope im wrong.

I noticed the box by tesco has the yellow sticker on the front of it, might mean its live now?

Still pretty strage though considering they have the date as May and only the top of tramore seems to be available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

I'm down in Riverstown where it still shows as unavailable =(
    has anyone from the top of the town tried calling eircom yet?

eircom saying a special instruction states that no order can be accepted until May 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

lads i think i've found the reason for the hold up, apparently the union are taking action against eircom due to the fact they let go 1,000 workers and were using a welsh firm for installs so the missus was told earlier by an engineer

• Advertisement

lads i think i've found the reason for the hold up, apparently the union are taking action against eircom due to the fact they let go 1,000 workers and were using a welsh firm for installs so the missus was told earlier by an engineer

Afaik, eircom handed out a lot of redundancies of in house staff and gave the contract to KN Networks but eircom were planning on giving this to a new firm and not renewing KNs contract. Was told based in the North? But KN are still on the ground as they did a line install in Tramore yesterday.

Advertisement