Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

Sully wrote: »
    There not accepting orders until May 14th.

Also to the previous poster about the ESB not be linked up, a local engineer told me he has his house on the fibre network in Tramore. Maybe it's just you cabinet, but I would have suspected that was wired up ages ago.

UTV didn't reply to my request to re-open to the case, so I am going to ask Comreg to re-open the case. The speeds tonight are brutal.

I would've expected that too Sully,otherwise without power how would they know whether its properly configured. Obviously power is needed. Just another one of the varied many excuses at their disposal.

Couldn't even stream the liverpool v palace game that was meant to be a cracker. Even on the lowest quality stream, my 0.5 mbps connection just wasn't enough

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Maybe Eircom are making the congestion issues here even worse than usual in the last few days to drives us all into fibre contracts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Maybe Eircom are making the congestion issues here even worse than usual in the last few days to drives us all into fibre contracts :rolleyes:

I'll gladly take a fibre contact. Asap. I'm wondering if the service will be as good as is advertised. I'd love 50meg. But I bet you it won't come close to that, whenever it actually gets here. That is If current standards are anything to judge by.

mr.noobie wrote: »

I'll gladly take a fibre contact. Asap. I'm wondering if the service will be as good as is advertised. I'd love 50meg. But I bet you it won't come close to that, whenever it actually gets here. That is If current standards are anything to judge by.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Re-opened my case with Comreg today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Hi guys,
    I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the mobile internet is like in Tramore these days?
    Particularly near the south shore apartments near the beach?
    I will be spending a few weeks there in July and I'd like to have decent internet on my phone.
    Thanks

Hi guys,
    I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the mobile internet is like in Tramore these days?
    I will be spending a few weeks there in July and I'd like to have decent internet on my phone.
    Thanks
    3g with meteor is quite good as there is a mast close by. You could try that and just use it when you need to. But the credit when you need to.

Hi guys,
    Thanks
    3g with meteor is quite good as there is a mast close by. You could try that and just use it when you need to. But the credit when you need to.

Got a call from an agent from eircon today,can't say which dept she was from because she was very hard to understand. What I understood quite clearly though was how she said this "issue" which she never confirmed was congestion and I didn't want to try get out of her was that it was two continue for 2 weeks!!!

I asked in that case would fibre be enabled then over the next 3 weeks(5 days till some cabinets come online according to their map) to which the reply was that wasn't her dept so she didn't know.

I was in work so I barely had time to push the subject or to call eircon myself. Informed her to make a note on my account though in case I can't get through to someone in billing that this month's bill might not be paid based on 3 out of 4 weeks being terrible service. Although tonight and last night I've not suffered congestion so fingers crossed for the weekends football being watchable :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They accepted at least last month that there was an issue in the Tramore exchange, and then reported it back as fixed. It was for me, for a while, but the fix is no longer there.

eircom told me on Boards that we can't order fibre until the 14th. Perhaps they may, or other providers may, take pre-orders. They used to do that when I worked for them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

They accepted at least last month that there was an issue in the Tramore exchange, and then reported it back as fixed. It was for me, for a while, but the fix is no longer there.

eircom told me on Boards that we can't order fibre until the 14th. Perhaps they may, or other providers may, take pre-orders. They used to do that when I worked for them anyway.

Did you hear anything about the Somerville cabinet? It was installed the same time as the Riverstown one yet nearly all cabinets including the Riverstown one has a go live date and the somerville one doesnt.

The cabinet in Monvoy and outside Ard na Groi were installed nearly a month after the Somerville one yet they are going live in 4 days and Somerville still has nothing.

Would be great if you knew anything Sully, cheers!

Did you hear anything about the Somerville cabinet? It was installed the same time as the Riverstown one yet nearly all cabinets including the Riverstown one has a go live date and the somerville one doesnt.

The cabinet in Monvoy and outside Ard na Groi were installed nearly a month after the Somerville one yet they are going live in 4 days and Somerville still has nothing.

The issue of fibre has been raised by a local Cllr & TD on at least one occasion. eircom are a bit random with live dates and tend not to give away much. So lets wait and see but continue with comreg.

it's looking like the 14 may according to the tel no checker on eircom homepage.

it's looking like the 14 may according to the tel no checker on eircom homepage.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Got an email from Eircom today to say that eFibre was now available to me but the link within to email to sign up was dead. Contacted Eircom via their live chat on their website and the chap i was talking to said the email was sent out in error to various people and to check back in 48hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Got an email from Eircom today to say that eFibre was now available to me but the link within to email to sign up was dead. Contacted Eircom via their live chat on their website and the chap i was talking to said the email was sent out in error to various people and to check back in 48hrs.

They're something else :rolleyes:

Was actually wondered had anybody here heard anything from them? Would've thought seeing that most of us probably complained more than others would at least have heard something from them.

Edited this cause I got the same email's.......

Dear Customer

You recently expressed an interest in switching to eFibre. We are delighted to let you know that eFibre, superfast fibre broadband is now available in your area. With eFibre, you and your family will have the power to connect, learn and play online, all at the same time, at superfast speeds.
    So why not switch today?

You will soon enjoy the benefits of superfast fibre broadband – your home is about to change forever.

Dear Customer,

You recently received an email from us informing you that you could receive eFibre.

Unfortunately this email was sent in error and your home has not yet been enabled for eFibre.

As soon as your home can receive eFibre, we will contact you as requested by email.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I love in the 1st one how they say "your home will change forever"......translates to "you'll finally get your moneys worth and an uncongested line"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Just ordered eFibre there, in Ard na Groi in Tramore. They said an engineer would visit in 10 days and it would be active to us after that visit. Promised 30mb download speeds so we will see

rex-x wrote: »
    Just ordered eFibre there, in Ard na Groi in Tramore. They said an engineer would visit in 10 days and it would be active to us after that visit. Promised 30mb download speeds so we will see

Damn you, still sitting here with my local cabinet still not live (in Tramore, Somerville) while nearly all of Tramore is live now.

Completely not fair. Being waiting for this for years now, hope eircom hurry up and turn the cabinet on :(

A lot of folk are still suffering congestion with fibre, btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

A lot of folk are still suffering congestion with fibre, btw.

A lot of folk where. No one in Tramore has it yet do they..?

rex-x wrote: »

30mb. I was hoping for a bit more than that. 50 Was what I was looking for. However 30meg is a lot better than what's here now. Good news. Maybe after a year or so eircom will do some vectoring and redistribute speeds in areas with higher traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Im in Clarinwood and told yesterday that its not going to be active within the next month...

I checked on line also said not actve then checked my mothers number in Moonlaun and her line is active

A lot of folk where. No one in Tramore has it yet do they..?

The issue with congestion is a national issue and has, in the past at least, included those on fibre.

Mines gone down again. Very poor service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Yes we will see speed wise how consistent it is, cant be worse than my current .5Mb download speeds I seem plagued with! Id imagine they are being conservative with their speed estimations to avoid complaints so it may well still be 50Mb.
    I am confused as to how I will have it before the 25th when the exchange doesn't go live until the 28th officially but I wont complain, quite the shambles of a company though.

Shazer01 wrote: »
    Mines gone down again. Very poor service.

Yep, mine also went again for around 2 hours. Missed an extremely important deadline.

This was the message:

tAkWofW.png

When I did the diagnostics:

53MltDB.png

Fed up of this now. Between this and having one of the few cabinets that aren't live yet despite it being installed nearly 3 months ago, worst week so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭taytobreath

yea mine went down last night too for about an hour roughly i thought. from exactly 12am till gone 1. im vodafone, this has happened only about 2 weeks ago too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Eircom screwing you for over 100 years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Eircom dropped leaflets through all the letterboxes in Sweetbriar today. Register your interest in efibre by 30th June. No mention of when they would actually upgrade you though.

Advertisement