Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

UTV have yet to respond to my complaint, nearly two weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Sully wrote: »
    UTV have yet to respond to my complaint, nearly two weeks now.

Drag on and on and on , in your situation I'd be glad of dealing with same agents , obviously there is little can be done , however with comreg looking into to it ,a boards and a face book page , Eircom admitting it I'm surprised you are still getting the runaround,
    When it will do no giod

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

rasper wrote: »
    Personally would prefer to deal with same agents , however doubt they have it set up like that , how could they , calls would bee held in queues forever while waiting for the same agent , would it be more regional based possibly.but thats a far stretch in itself as regarding explaining them selves , that's what notes are taken as I don't think john murphy will remember john power issue from 3 days ago after 200 calls in between
    Anyway if an issue isn't fixed after 3 calls while they tell u move this that and the other , turn off the lights , get an electrian , and all other bs they pawn people off

Fact is the exchange is issue and everyone isp downwards and upwards know it , comreg only recourse

I've worked in my fair share of call centres, when a call comes in and the system registers it as a repeat call it will try route it to the last person who dealt with a call from that number, if the agent is busy then the call will hold for up to usually 5min incase the agent becomes free, if not then it will route the call back into the general que on a first come first serve basis, unless the original agent then becomes free in which case the call skips to the agent.
    if the agent either isn't working or on a break then he call goes straight into the general que.
    the calls that end up becoming a repeat calls are the ones you usually remember, especially after you read your own notes, the 200 odd calls in between are usually less then a minute basic stuff you do all the time, these calls are the ones you rarily remember.

Have worked the call centre scene in earlier days myself , wasn't around then but obviously is now as you say , pretty good development however it must be tougher on the agents being made to lie to the same person over and over as in this case
    Call centres can be tough enough as is

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I've worked in my fair share of call centres, when a call comes in and the system registers it as a repeat call it will try route it to the last person who dealt with a call from that number, if the agent is busy then the call will hold for up to usually 5min incase the agent becomes free, if not then it will route the call back into the general que on a first come first serve basis, unless the original agent then becomes free in which case the call skips to the agent.
    if the agent either isn't working or on a break then he call goes straight into the general que.
    the calls that end up becoming a repeat calls are the ones you usually remember, especially after you read your own notes, the 200 odd calls in between are usually less then a minute basic stuff you do all the time, these calls are the ones you rarily remember.

When I call in, I am immediately put through to the same guy. I know it, but he never says. It's before I even give the reasons as to my call.

Anyway, the complaint to UTV is via Comreg. No response, nearly two weeks now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Seems as though this is not just a specific localised issue with our exchange. Found this is the Talk to Eircom forum. Think its up in Trim, Co. Meath. They have been upgraded to eFibre in the are since last summer (2013) and in the evenings between 8-12 their speeds are dropping from 45-50Mbps down to between 1-5Mbps due to congestion. Notably as usual when Eircom know there is a problem in an area, they seem to decide to ignore to answer queries on their Talk to threads.

Think we are doomed for the foreseeable future lads, even when the eFibre is active (here's hoping March '14 estimate goes ahead)

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057043309/7

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I asked on Talk to and other questions put since mine have been answered, mine is now on page 2. I will bump it on Monday, but I think you are right.

When I call in, I am immediately put through to the same guy. I know it, but he never says. It's before I even give the reasons as to my call.

Hate to be that agent , knows u know , isn't allowed say or hint anything , call is being recorded and. A very good chance it willl be retrieved when a comreg complaint goes in , his performance measured on it yet is forced to lie by his employers
    Honestly could not sing sky broadbands praises enough, may just because they new and entered market with fresh agents in Dublin, but customer service has been 5* and there agents a pleasure.to talk too
    That's how service centres are meant to be

Hate to be that agent , knows u know , isn't allowed say or hint anything , call is being recorded and. A very good chance it willl be retrieved when a comreg complaint goes in , his performance measured on it yet is forced to lie by his employers
    Honestly could not sing sky broadbands praises enough, may just because they new and entered market with fresh agents in Dublin, but customer service has been 5* and there agents a pleasure.to talk too
    That's how service centres are meant to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Absolutely ridiculous this morning and I'm in the centre of the town in work!

3278965129.png

• Advertisement

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3279050460.png
    also tramore, why the difference (not amazing but manageable)

Bit better now!!!

3279135070.png

Got a reply from Eircom on Talk to:
    I've double checked this and I can confirm that efibre should be coming to Tramore by mid March. Not all areas in Tramore will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year but the cabinets done by arch will be going live then. I will not be able to offer an indication on specific areas, line or cabinets until efibre has lauched in Tramore.

So it looks as though everyone is right. Something is ('should be') happening in March, but we don't know who will be connected, and some will not be on until the end of the year.

looksee wrote: »
    Got a reply from Eircom on Talk to:

So it looks as though everyone is right. Something is ('should be') happening in March, but we don't know who will be connected, and some will not be on until the end of the year.

I assume the cabinets that are fitted by now are the ones going live, no work done in my estate:/

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

That's a joke like,how can they just decide that a certain area of Tramore will have fibre and others won't?! I still can't understand either how these guys don't know specifics as to where the cabinets will be. Are they just throwing them in wherever the engineer fancies or have they gone to the trouble of making a "plan"?

It infuriates me they way they with hold information. Just come out and bloody say exactly whats going on and where.

3 cabinets I've noticed are at

1 Pine grove/westbrook
    2 Clarinwood
    3 Beside riverstown stores

Even though I was told the cable extends almost to Annestown, it seems from the above posts that I certainly won't be seeing anything in March! The nearest cabinet to me is the Pine Grove one! But that's still over 1km away!!

Today at work is same old story....

3281428794.png

There is one by the grotto up by the Council Offices (there's a surprise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Benny1210

They are popping up all over theres 1 in Monvoy Valley bottom entrance and 1 at the roundabout in Sommerville aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

I've had broadband issues for awhile with eircom (just posted over on the eircom forum about it). Before Christmas was getting ~18 Mbps, now lucky to get 2 Mbps. I was told this morning by them "you had no congestion before and so good speeds, now people have increased their bandwidth so there is congestion in Tramore, nothing we can do about it"....despite the fact I pay for UNCONGESTED bloody broadband! (How I haven't cursed writing that is beyond me)

DaveC85 wrote: »
    That's a joke like,how can they just decide that a certain area of Tramore will have fibre and others won't?! I still can't understand either how these guys don't know specifics as to where the cabinets will be. Are they just throwing them in wherever the engineer fancies or have they gone to the trouble of making a "plan"?

It infuriates me they way they with hold information. Just come out and bloody say exactly whats going on and where.

3 cabinets I've noticed are at

1 Pine grove/westbrook
    2 Clarinwood
    3 Beside riverstown stores

There are actually loads around the town mate, the went around setting up the bases for them first and once that was done they started fitting the vDSL cabinets. Wherever there was an old cabinet, a new vDSL will be placed within 10 metres of it.

Have seen other cabinets as well as the ones you mentioned at:

Newtown Hill
    Meadowbrook
    Marian Terrace
    Roselawn
    Moonvoy

As much as I'm looking forward to the rollout of fibre, its a shame that each area will be staggered but at least providers will be emailing/phoning/mailing users to inform them once their line is available for fibre.

One is issue is that you need an Engineer visit to get fibre installed with a new modem in your home. Sorry for straying off topic here.

Have contacted Vodafone numerous times and still have not got proper information from them, keep getting fobbed off being told there is no visible issue that they can see.

Pretty much disgusted to think that even when the fibre is rolled out here, out bandwidth issues as a result of the exchange having issues and being prehistoric is unacceptable. It just means that speed differentials will be more pronounced compared to the issues that are being suffered now :(

• Advertisement

Just to reiterate what gary said on the first page, can anyone suffering from these issues file a formal complaint with Eircom here and then you can make a complaint to ComReg here. Enough is enough with this shower. I lodged the complaints yesterday and it only took a couple of minutes

Just today saw there is a box on Sweetbriar Park/Lawn.

Just saw this on the FB BB issues in Tramore page. Is this your BB company????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A thread has been set up here to collate all the reports of poor broadband across the country. Pop on over and add your details if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

Hahaha i threw that video onto the eircon tramore page. It sums up every provider here in ireland.

Great idea with the link Robocode, kinda nice and not at the same time to see we're not the only one's in the same boat.

I can't take credit for the idea, a user finnteme started it but it is a great idea :)

They've swept to new lows for me tonight

3290181070.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I am completely sick and tired of this.

For the last couple of weeks my broadband has been disconnecting then reconnecting then disconnecting etc...

Have been onto them, they've sent engineers out, they say its a problem with the exchange and should be sorted soon.

Can't even post my speeds (which are horrible) because of course my internet doesn't work. Been tethering off my phone the last couple of days.

This seems to usually only happen in the night, just getting sick of this now. I wish they would hurry up and enable the eFibre if the exchange is really that bad at the moment.

I am seriously considering changing but all companies are on the same lines so the same problems will happen regardless of the provider unless I go satellite which I do not want to do.

Paying for uncongested broadband, I'm currently getting neither. Pathetic.

If you could add your case to this thread I'd really appreciate all the input we can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

robocode wrote: »
    If you could add your case to this thread I'd really appreciate all the input we can get.

Just entered mine....

Advertisement