Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,210 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sully wrote: »
    You're being hammered because of the TV service, unfortunately.

Yes, that's what I said? And I am not complaining, just saying that the 'up to' figures are very creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Yes its odd, they told me I would be getting up to 40Mb download and I get over 38 pretty much all the time, but I find it stange that older houses further from the exchange are being told they can get more than double my speeds, was just wondering did anyone have such speeds yet. Not complaining though, my current connection is marvellous in comparison to what it was :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ordered my fibre today from Voda. No install info just yet.

Looking forward to getting my 'up to' 90mb! Some jump from the 12mb I am on at the moment haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

I was told it could be September before its available at my address in Moonluin, but there's house's only a few doors up from me who have it and all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

So how's everyone's fibre going? I was in a mate's house tonight in riverstown and was getting 38mbps on my phone while he was streaming the match(not through evision).

Can't wait for those speeds. Still no sign of the clarinwood exchange coming on :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mines due for install next week.

Mines due for install next week.

Near Clarinwood??

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

I'm in Riverstown and got it installed last week,
    before the install I was getting about 4mbps down and 1mbps up,
    for the first three days after the install I was getting 15mbps down and 2mbps up,
    the next three days after that I was getting 19mbps down and 3mbps up and
    now as of today I'm getting 29mbps down and 9mbps up

When I ordered the upgrade over the phone I was advised based on my line to expect 40mbps but to give the line time to settle down after the install, regardless of whether or not it increases a further 10 mbps I'm happy =)

DaveC85 wrote: »
    Near Clarinwood??

Cliff Road. :)

Cliff Road. :)

Nice one man enjoy :) From what I've seen in my buddy's it's very very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭taytobreath

for the unfortunate few that dont have it yet, it seems to have slowed down even further with the last few days. watching a youtube vid is almost impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

for the unfortunate few that dont have it yet, it seems to have slowed down even further with the last few days. watching a youtube vid is almost impossible

Mines absolutely fine, and it has been the last while also

Seems okay here, haven't monitored speeds but didn't notice anything while using it. UTV called me yesterday to talk about my broadband issues - that I reported (through Comreg) at the start of May. Told him I was no longer their customer, but wished him well because the lads are all likely to lose their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

DaveC85 wrote: »
    So how's everyone's fibre going?

Just ran speedtest and got Ping 26 Download 66.99 and Upload 19.23

(Monvoy Valley)

(Monvoy Valley)

What speed did they suggest you might get?

(Monvoy Valley)

A ping of 26?? Oh how i want it now lol

Glad to hear though that those that have it are not having any slow issues. I lost internet over night and when i asked the engineer what was the cause he said it was down to congestion. There's that ugly word again lol Other than that thankfully I've been running a consistent 10mbps whenever I check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

What speed did they suggest you might get?

In fairness they did say up to 70. I had been consistently hitting 45 to 50 from day one. Then the last week or so it started to hit 60. Ping is not usually that good though, averages around 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,210 ✭✭✭✭looksee

3576934997.png

That's with e-tv

I only have the vaguest idea of what ping means, but mine is usually around 12

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

3577383870.png
    this is what i'm getting in kill st lawrence

Got my fibre installed today. Whooo :D

Promised up to 90, hitting fairly close. Speeds aren't consistent but most of the tests were between 60-70+ while one test just there came in hitting close to 90.

3583287836.png

Asked about the speed I would get and he said it was 'How much Vodafone were going to give me, not eircom' but he couldn't explain why. Also asked about fluctuating of speeds, he acknowledged it but couldn't explain why. Nice guy though. Asked about other fibre cabinets and he said that a five hour job was all that was needed to 'pull the fibre in' but he couldn't say why they weren't being told to do it.

• Advertisement

jaysus sully are you right beside a cabinet man??

jaysus sully are you right beside a cabinet man??

About 300mts.

About 300mts.
    very good ya lucky sod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Few extra cabinets expected to go live tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to get Fibre Broadband then.

I ordered today, i had to enter into a new 12 or 18 month contract, I thought that was sneaky of them as i was in a contract with them already. Vodafone

I ordered today, i had to enter into a new 12 or 18 month contract, I thought that was sneaky of them as i was in a contract with them already. Vodafone

They all do that, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Eircom the same :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Clarinwood due to go live the 27th July.

I'm currently with sky but they aren't offering fibre or have any plans to this year from what I was told by v them a few months back.

So Whose owing the best deal? Ohhh and has the best customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

kgarvey wrote: »
    Clarinwood due to go live the 27th July.

I'm currently with sky but they aren't offering fibre or have any plans to this year from what I was told by v them a few months back.

So Whose owing the best deal? Ohhh and has the best customer service

just checked again. It's live in clarinwood. About time. Someone please advise on which company is doing the best deal right now

• Advertisement

kgarvey wrote: »
    just checked again. It's live in clarinwood. About time. Someone please advise on which company is doing the best deal right now

Vodafone kieran, but you'll be forced into a 12 or 18 month contract

Advertisement