Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

Eircom dropped leaflets through all the letterboxes in Sweetbriar today. Register your interest in efibre by 30th June. No mention of when they would actually upgrade you though.
    I'm in Somerville and I got one too. Not available when I rang. Shouldn't be too much longer hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,214 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Got the phone call too, Sweetbriar, engineer coming Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Does anybody know when the eircom wholesale map (http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/) is updated?

Still says the first day for commencement is the 14th, just wanna see if there has been anything done with my cabinet yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Ordered today.

The website says the line (Moonvoy Valley) will support 70mbs.

What does that transfer into in the real world I wonder? I'll keep ye posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Should be set up and running in a couple of hours, just waiting for the engineer

• Advertisement

rex-x wrote: »
    Should be set up and running in a couple of hours, just waiting for the engineer

Let us know how it goes!

Nice lad just left, we are the first non test house to get it :)
    New fancy looking modem/router!
    He said it will settle down to a higher speed shortly but still 60x faster than it was ;)
    3514329980.png

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

He said it will settle down to a higher speed shortly but still 60x faster than it was ;)
    3514329980.png
    3514514415.pngthis is the speeds ya should normally get, i,m in by johns park in town by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Do ye avail of the TV service..?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The TV service is very basic, and doesn't contain all the FTA channels Sky and UPC carry. Furthermore, taking their TV service reduces your broadband speeds and a further hit depending on multi-room and HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Good value though and personally think the channel line up is decent...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Good value though and personally think the channel line up is decent...

For us in Tramore.. an extra €18 a month gives you a much better selection of TV stations, including FTA channels, Sky OnDemand (which is savage, to be fair) and access to Sky Movies too. It's really just for those who want to go a step above FTA/Saorview TV or those operating on a very tight budget IMO.

Has potential tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

Just out of curiosity, how long was he at the house, did it involve a lot of work or did he just do some slight wiring at the socket =/

I am looking at the tv situation, though had pretty much decided not to bother - the Coastal Systems is fine for as much tv as we want.

Just out of curiosity, how long was he at the house, did it involve a lot of work or did he just do some slight wiring at the socket =/

Takes about an hour or so. They replace your telephone socket with a new socket, install and setup your new modem and offer to show you how it all works. The other half of the work is done at the cabinet.

Yea he removes the socket, attaches a signal beacon to two wires then goes to the cabinet to change to fibre, comes back fits new socket and out the door! took about 20-30 mins id say. Though I wouldn't let him leave until I had tested the speeds thoroughly :pac:
    The joys of full hd youtube videos with no buffering

Anybody know when the eircom wholesale website maps update?

Tramore is still down as pending, just waiting for a date for my box to go live now, electrician was at it two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 madt

Just got connected. The eircom engineer was only in the house for about 20 mins. We have a speed of 47mbps download and 11.35mbps upload in Monvoy Valley. Delighted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Thats great to hear, looking forward to getting it in my parents and relatives houses for them. Hope it goes live elsewhere soon too for all involved.
    madt wrote: »
    Just got connected. The eircom engineer was only in the house for about 20 mins. We have a speed of 47mbps download and 11.35mbps upload in Monvoy Valley. Delighted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭taytobreath

does it cost more to upgrade, im with vodafone.

• Advertisement

Im not sure Vodafone are offering an upgrade at this time, eircom only it seems for now

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Im not sure Vodafone are offering an upgrade at this time, eircom only it seems for now

Vodafone are offering at the same locations as Eircom. If the Eircom webchecker says fibre is available for you then so will Vodafones. Sky do not as yet offer a fibre package but once they do they will be doing the same as the aforementioned two above

I'm really annoyed with UTV. I was of the understanding, when renewing my contract, that fibre would be available to me once eircom upgraded. Now I learned that UTV have stopped doing fibre completely 'temporarily' and won't give any indication as to when it will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

Delighted that people are finally able to get fibre,itching till the clarinwood cabinet goes live. Speeds of over 30 seem quite tasty,will certainly notice it anyway.

Sully anyway you can get out of your contract?The past few months of being messed about with customer service and poor speeds would hopefully work in your favour?

DaveC85 wrote: »
    Delighted that people are finally able to get fibre,itching till the clarinwood cabinet goes live. Speeds of over 30 seem quite tasty,will certainly notice it anyway.

Sully anyway you can get out of your contract?The past few months of being messed about with customer service and poor speeds would hopefully work in your favour?

I'll deal with that whenever UTV decide to respond. Should be escalated now, COMREG dealing with it. I'd be happy if they just gave me fibre, as they have customers on the fibre network already so they can add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 madt

I am with Vodafone but it is an Eircom engineer that comes out.It is only costing us 2.50 euro per month more for our new fibre package and we also now have unlimited download allowance :-)

Vodafone are offering at the same locations as Eircom. If the Eircom webchecker says fibre is available for you then so will Vodafones. Sky do not as yet offer a fibre package but once they do they will be doing the same as the aforementioned two above
    I thought this too but browsing the talk to Vodafone forum it seems there are many areas eircom fibre enabled which Vodafone have no plans to supply fibre to

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Sully wrote: »
    I'll deal with that whenever UTV decide to respond. Should be escalated now, COMREG dealing with it. I'd be happy if they just gave me fibre, as they have customers on the fibre network already so they can add me.
    Im reporting utv to comreg too as I was with them for 7 weeks and my broadband only worked for 2 weeks of that they sent an eircom engineer out saying it was a fault on there system but it wasn't.
    Now they are trying to refuse to hand my line over to eircom even though I wasn't getting any broadband from them so why should I stay anf pay for something im not getting especially as fibre will be in tramore id be mad not to swap !

I have been persuaded by Eircom to give the tv a trial - 6 months free and i can opt out any time with no obligation to continue. To do that though you have to make sure it is a trial you are on, and not a contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

looksee wrote: »
    I have been persuaded by Eircom to give the tv a trial - 6 months free and i can opt out any time with no obligation to continue. To do that though you have to make sure it is a trial you are on, and not a contract.
    Im hoping to get that to once the fibre is in place here and of course once they sort my order out but the tv they offer does look brilliant and for the price to !

Advertisement