Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 party12

Another question if you queue in a 24 Hour Tesco Extra do they release them at 12pm or 8am in the morning. I am not sure what time to queue at

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

party12 wrote: »
    Another question if you queue in a 24 Hour Tesco Extra do they release them at 12pm or 8am in the morning. I am not sure what time to queue at

Best off queueing for 12, that will cover both times........

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

party12 wrote: »

I'm waiting for that answer too

I feel sort of guilty because I had forgotten I had one pre-ordered and am not really pushed about having it on release day. But I got a call to remind me today, so I'm going to take it.

Ah give it to me, you don't really want it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Ah give it to me, you don't really want it

See I think I do. I know I wanted it when I pre-ordered it, and I assume I'll be really excited when I get it. I had just totally forgotten about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 party12

Best off queueing for 12, that will cover both times........

Cool Ill go for both. I think this machine is going to be harder to get then the XBOX one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Does everyone else get an error when they try to reserve a ps4 game on the argos website? I noticed that it says the ps4 console isn't available to be reserved but the games are. However when you go to reserve the game there's a big error

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosAddItemToTrolley?storeId=10152&langId=111&catalogId=14551&URL=OrderItemDisplay&errorViewName=ArgosGenericErrorView&catEntryId=534056&quantity=1

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Tesco will be same as xbox release id say,
    Extra stores only, released at 8am and about a dozen units per store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Was talking to a Guy in Tesco Wexford today and he said they are getting about 20 in. Its a Tesco Extra but they are not opening till 7 am. He said they will sell them at that time. He said lads slept in their cars last thursday for the Xbox release. He expects there to be carnage there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

customer service in tesco galway didnt have any info this evening. told me to call back tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Huntelaar

I'm gona be over in the UK next week. Are my chances of getting one over there without a pre-order just as bad as here?

dan hibiki wrote: »
    customer service in tesco galway didnt have any info this evening. told me to call back tomorrow.

Yeah I was told tomorrow would be a day to ask alright

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Huntelaar wrote: »
    I'm gona be over in the UK next week. Are my chances of getting one over there without a pre-order just as bad as here?

Most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nayner

Has anyone asked in any of the large 24 hour tesco stores?
    I got GTA V at midnight in one of them. Would have thought the ps4 would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Lads .

I have a preorder in XV.

I was talking to a member of hardware in the Ardkeen /Waterford Tesco Extra store last friday.

She told me that the store got 5 XboxOne consoles in for launch day . The store opens at 6am ,there was one guy waiting at the door for a console. The guy had to wait in the shop till 8am as the system only let the console be sold from that time. At 8am there was still no queue. The last XB only sold at 11-12am .

On the PS4 she said that they where expecting stock in but they would not be 100% sure on levels till thursday or possibly wed .She told me to ph the shop on both evenings.

Check your local stores on these nights and go and queue ,and make sure you have the number of the actuall stores you are thinking of buying from and not the Tesco helpline number.

May the Force be with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Tesco will not give out stock availability of PlayStation 4 for release date and will only advise visiting the store to check availability on Friday, about 8am that morning, they never did a midnight launch for xbox one and wont for PS4 and again it will be a first come, first serve basis.

dan hibiki wrote: »

Well at least it wasn't a no anyway.

I'm getting twitchy now.

I've no doubt you'd get one in the next 2/3/4 weeks, but I kind of want to play FIFA and NBA now as I've no other console a few weeks now.

I'd seriously debate snapping for a reasonably priced Xbox with FIFA as I'll have to buy that anyway for E65 and if there's only bundles I'm paying E40 extra for a game I don't even want so the gap closes further.

I see Microsoft UK have the FIFA version available to add to a cart for E535 when converted but as said on here you need a UK card, I could possibly get my relation in England to buy it and Parcel Motel it to Ireland though it says the 16th and I'd hate for it not to ship soon so I think I'll wait another few days(though the lads on here got that off the Irish store on Friday and are receiving now. The Irish store doesn't have an add to cart but sold out, same for the normal version on the UK store and the bundle is listed as unavailable so maybe it will ship straight away)

If I don't get one Friday, I'll have to seriously consider the Xbox option as the International sellers on the various Amazons will start to drop over the next week and other options are likely to pop up.

God I want FIFA/NBA... :(

BordorFox wrote: »
    Tesco will not give out stock availability of PlayStation 4 for release date and will only advise visiting the store to check availability on Friday, about 8am that morning, they never did a midnight launch for xbox one and wont for PS4 and again it will be a first come, first serve basis.

Every launch is different.

They launched GTA5 here at Tesco at 12.

I guess it depends on what sort of Tesco store there is, a lot close at 12am and I wouldn't bank on those extending hours. For ones like Galway though that are 24 hour, there may be some hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Tesco in Castlebar said they would be selling them at 12.

Finical wrote: »
    Tesco in Castlebar said they would be selling them at 12.

If the store is a 24 hour store, that's a good possibility but most stores have gone off the 24hr cycle, including extras, so a lot won't be. But you can find out by calling the store directly quicker then contacting customer support.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

I'm thinking of picking up a second ps4 if I can and selling it for 600, should it be easy enough to sell?

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of picking up a second ps4 if I can and selling it for 600, should it be easy enough to sell?

could be, but that's if you make it out of the car park with two if the queue mob don't get you first lol

BordorFox wrote: »
    could be, but that's if you make it out of the car park with two if the queue mob don't get you first lol

lol good point

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

People like you ruin the gaming world!

Redzer7 wrote: »
    People like you ruin the gaming world!

Chill out I've done nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

That reminds me of the episode of the office where Dwight buys all the stock of the most wanted Christmas present and sells them at a profit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Yet! ... Suppose you don't mind paying extra for tickets at concerts because someone has bought more to profit off. Suppose you also don't mind parking at the back of a car park because someone wants 2 spaces...

Why don't you insist people buy a game with it while your at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

You're lucky pre-crime from Minority Report isn't a real thing yet. Kinect hasn't advanced that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

MMmm....to make a bit of profit or see a smile on a kids face Christmas morning, that's a tough choice right there..:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

" I'm thinking of picking up a second ps4 if I can and selling it for 600, should it be easy enoughto sell? "

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/subtle-fu.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement