Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options
1154155156157158160»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Argos stores:

Knack bundles:
    Ilac Centre Dublin 1
    Athlone 2
    Letterkenny 1
    Limerick Childers Road 1
    Longford 2
    Tralee 1
    Tullamore 2
    Castlebar 2
    Monaghan 1

Killzone bundles:
    Cork Mahon 5 +
    Blanchardstown West End 4
    Carlow 1
    Cork Queens Old Castle 2
    Galway 2
    Killarney 2
    Liffey Valley 5 +
    Limerick The Crescent 2
    Longford 1
    Nutgrove 1
    Sligo 1
    Swords 1

PS4 Only:
    Athlone 3
    Blanchardstown West End 5 +
    Carlow 1
    Castlebar 4
    Cavan 1
    Clonmel 1
    Cork Mahon 3
    Cork Queens Old Castle 3
    Cork Retail Park 3
    Dun Laoghaire 1
    Dundalk Retail Park 1
    Dundrum 3
    Kilkenny 2
    Killarney 2
    Liffey Valley 5+
    Limerick Cruises Street 1
    Limerick The Crescent 2
    Longford 5 +
    Navan 2
    Omni Park Dublin 3
    Sligo 4
    Swords 5 +
    Tralee 1
    Waterford 1

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

Just got a ps4 in navan, smart spot!!
    heres a link to there page
    https://www.facebook.com/SmartSpotStores?hc_location=stream

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

A lot of Smyths seem to have stock according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Power City still have loads in stores and online. Availability may no longer be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Glennmaher

Code for Argos Liffey Valley if anyone wants it. Has to be used today.

Here it is for anyone now:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Lads it's a bit ridiculous now boards users reserving ps4 codes to post on boards, you are depriving genuine consumers of buying them.

It was understandable before Xmas but the scalpers trade season has passed now so that excuse should no longer be offered up as justification for doing this.

shame on anyone still engaging in this practice, and shame on the mods for not culling the posting of offers of codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Lads it's a bit ridiculous now boards users reserving ps4 codes to post on boards, you are depriving genuine consumers of buying them.

It was understandable before Xmas but the scalpers trade season has passed now so that excuse should no longer be offered up as justification for doing this.

shame on anyone still engaging in this practice, and shame on the mods for not culling the posting of offers of codes.

How is it depriving anyone? If a boards user gets a code everyone knows a genuine gamer is getting the console, if they don't collect it, it goes back into stock

Can't understand how people have a problem understanding this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Who can say who is left is really a gamer, allot of the folks looking now seem to be newer members who joined in December.

Don't get me wrong the activity needed to be in place before Christmas and was a huge help for folks but with the scalper market in decline i would question the value of it.

You deprive not only the consumer who wants to purchase now with that opportunity but also the retailer with making a sale. I don't get how there is no understanding that at some level its probably not right to keep doing it.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Who can say who is left is really a gamer, allot of the folks looking now seem to be newer members who joined in December.

Don't get me wrong the activity needed to be in place before Christmas and was a huge help for folks but with the scalper market in decline i would question the value of it.

You deprive not only the consumer who wants to purchase now with that opportunity but also the retailer with making a sale. I don't get how there is no understanding that at some level its probably not right to keep doing it.

It doesn't deprive anyone as the console is either bought by a boardsie using the reservation or an argos customer in the days after, how do you not get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I appreciate the fact that people are only trying to help other boardsies but I say unless a boardsie puts a request in here for a reservation code for wherever then we shouldn't go along and reserve any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Agree with the poster above - there are more offers than requests, no need to do this anymore. It was a great scheme, plenty of happy people, but reserving consoles just because they are available makes no sense anymore. I could reserve 10 now, but what is the point:confused:
    Mission accomplished:D

F**k the scalpers...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

wonski wrote: »
    Agree with the poster above - there are more offers than requests, no need to do this anymore. It was a great scheme, plenty of happy people, but reserving consoles just because they are available makes no sense anymore. I could reserve 10 now, but what is the point:confused:
    Mission accomplished:D

F**k the scalpers...

Think its time to close the thread. Plenty around now...loads of people sorted.

Disco girl would be gutted haha......but she did help a tonne of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

gep91 wrote: »
    Think its time to close the thread. Plenty around now...loads of people sorted.

Disco girl would be gutted haha......but she did help a tonne of people.

lmfao...nah not too gutted..(can go back to playing my Batman Arkham Origins) nice to see a lot of ps4's about though so people shouldn't have any problems now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It doesn't deprive anyone as the console is either bought by a boardsie using the reservation or an argos customer in the days after, how do you not get that?

What about people who are going in store to buy them but they are all reserved by people on here.

People have no business reserving consoles they aren't going to buy when they are depriving walk in customers of stock.

How do you not get that.

mdwexford wrote: »
    What about people who are going in store to buy them but they are all reserved by people on here.

People have no business reserving consoles they aren't going to buy when they are depriving walk in customers of stock.

How do you not get that.

We've covered that one already, it goes back into stick if not picked up:rolleyes:

We've covered that one already, it goes back into stick if not picked up:rolleyes:

Yeah two days later or something so drop the stupid smiley.

What if a kid wants one tomorrow but you have reserved them all just in case someone on boards wants one. Then he has to try again every day until some are released back into stock.

Yeah two days later or something so drop the stupid smiley.

What if a kid wants one tomorrow but you have reserved them all just in case someone on boards wants one. Then he has to try again every day until some are released back into stock.

Nope goes back into stock at 7 on the evening it isn't picked up
    You seem to have issues with something that has stopped a couple of days ago so I'll leave you to it

Nope goes back into stock at 7 on the evening it isn't picked up
    You seem to have issues with something that has stopped a couple of days ago so I'll leave you to it

Yeah but the reservation last for two days I assume like other Argos reservations.

Has it stopped, your the one still posting about it earlier today.

Yeah but the reservation last for two days I assume like other Argos reservations.

Has it stopped, your the one still posting about it earlier today.

Ps4's had to be picked up by close next day, yeah most of it has stopped, no need for it now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If you haven't gotten a PS4 without a pre-order by now, you don't really need one.
    No need for bickering.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement