Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

Xenji wrote: »
    According to a poster that works there he reckons you will not be able to reserve it and will just have to take your chances walking in.

Should be good fun if I dont get it Thurs at midnight

Just been told that Argos will have pre-booking from midnight tonight. Not sure how true or accurate this is - if at all.
    Wow, where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone know what the situation in Cork is? 3 Argos stores and Tescon Mahon 24 hours, surely there's a chance in 1 of these 4?

Emailed Brown Thomas and got the following :

"Unfortunately the Playstation 4 went on sale last Friday and they were all sold out by Saturday morning. We are not sure if you are going to be getting more in at this stage. "

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

My mates mother works in Tesco. She is gonna check availability and will pick up one for me if they have. All Tesco staff get 10% discount so happy days :).
    Regarding games , any truth in the rumour that you can trade in your PS3 version of FIFA and only pay €15 for the PS4 version in games stop ?
    If you bought the game in with them you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

You'd think Argos would have a pre-order in place otherwise they'll have lots of anxious people turning up as soon as they open!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

BaAgK23CYAAqGnH.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Klair88 wrote: »
    BaAgK23CYAAqGnH.jpg:large

Was just aboutoto post that
    Good luck to whoever wants one and gets one before xmass
    happy gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just spoke to expert electrical in Wexford and they are going to have bundles on Friday . The Knack bundle is the one they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Anyone know what the situation in Cork is? 3 Argos stores and Tescon Mahon 24 hours, surely there's a chance in 1 of these 4?

Douglas Tesco would probably be a better bet as they have a very large electrical department.

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Douglas Tesco would probably be a better bet as they have a very large electrical department.

Do you know if they are 24 hour?

nevermind, 8 am opening

Ha just got through to one of the Tesco helplines located in the UK who look after customer support for Ireland and they told me a completely different story. Make up your minds Tesco

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Ha just got through to one of the Tesco helplines located in the UK who look after customer support for Ireland and they told me a completely different story. Make up your minds Tesco

And that story was.........?

The UK rep said the Irish stores do not actually know if they are opening at mid night or in the morning. I dont think I really believe that

• Registered Users Posts: 8 party12

I just called Tescos headquarters regarding the PS4. They informed me unlike the XBox they will not be getting any stock in for at least two weeks !!

party12 wrote: »
    I just called Tescos headquarters regarding the PS4. They informed me unlike the XBox they will not be getting any stock in for at least two weeks !!

Oh Hello Bill Gates!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

That's funny man

party12 wrote: »
    They never mentioned that to me, even when I asked them about stock levels, hmm we have a mystery here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Caoimhin wrote: »
    They never mentioned that to me, even when I asked them about stock levels, hmm we have a mystery here

It's either a mystery or someone doesn't want 100 people to queue up at any of the Tesco stores.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's either a mystery or someone doesn't want 100 people to queue up at any of the Tesco stores.
    I think you may have cracked it

• Advertisement

It doesnt matter what Tesco's say IMO Im still gonna queue up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Can you all inform me which Tesco you will be queing up at so i can pick a different one lol

BordorFox wrote: »
    Can you all inform me which Tesco you will be queing up at so i can pick a different one lol

I'll be queuing in the 4 Cork Tescos

I have not decided which Tesco in Dublin yet

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

anyone queuing up tesco in newcastle west limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Remember lads, Its only Tesco extra stores that will have stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

so many people here have said its tesco superstores

Okay does anyone have a list of Tesco Extra Stores then. I cant locate them.

Found them in Dublin

http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/

Sorry I am a newbie to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I feel sort of guilty because I had forgotten I had one pre-ordered and am not really pushed about having it on release day. But I got a call to remind me today, so I'm going to take it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement