Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Hey everyone,

I have a PS4 pre-order scheduled to be dispatched tomorrow from Amazon.

Unfortunately, I just can't afford it right now and was going to cancel.

However, if anybody here is desperate for a PS4, I'd be happy to give the order to them - it is the PS4 megapack with console, Dualshock 4, Killzone ShadowFall and Battlefield 4 for £435.62.

If anybody wants it, just PM me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If anybody has a PS4 Pre-booking they cant follow through on, or knows of anybody who has one let me know. Im dying here :(
    neo2010 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I have a PS4 pre-order scheduled to be dispatched tomorrow from Amazon.

Unfortunately, I just can't afford it right now and was going to cancel.

However, if anybody here is desperate for a PS4, I'd be happy to give the order to them - it is the PS4 megapack with console, Dualshock 4, Killzone ShadowFall and Battlefield 4 for £435.62.

If anybody wants it, just PM me. :)

Boom.

Anyway, I've to get onto my buddy in Tesco and ask how many they've got in, if they've got them in at this stage, I'll let ye know what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RelySarah

Spoke with Tesco Extra in Balbriggan. They have confirmed that they will not have any ps4 for Friday and that it may be two weeks before they will get any in. I'm dissappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've a friend working in HMV who I pre-ordered mine through. She said to me today that they might have extras on Friday, ie. some consoles in excess of their pre-orders. BUT they're not 100% on numbers yet. Still, might be worth a look on the day for those of you who are out of options. I doubt if you'll be able to pre-order at this stage, but you could try popping in first thing on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Quick update, games and consoles are getting delivered sometime tomorrow and wont be on the shelf until Friday morning.

On his sytem they've a PS4 bundle down as 449 and Killzone at 65, they still dont know how many PS4's at the moment, its basically waiting for the delivery to come in.

This is not a Tesco Extra either and the guy works in the Electronic/Non food department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

I've a friend working in HMV who I pre-ordered mine through. She said to me today that they might have extras on Friday, ie. some consoles in excess of their pre-orders. BUT they're not 100% on numbers yet. Still, might be worth a look on the day for those of you who are out of options. I doubt if you'll be able to pre-order at this stage, but you could try popping in first thing on Friday.
    Which HMV?

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Which HMV?

Hers it the Dundrum branch. But again I would caution it's far from a sure thing.

Its all up in the air, sure Argos in Jervis said there would be people queuing Thursday over night even though they are only open at 9am on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Its all up in the air, sure Argos in Jervis said there would be people queuing Thursday over night even though they are only open at 9am on Friday

and were only getting in 10 consoles, all of which have been reserved for staff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Not looking likely I'll be getting one on launch day, usually I land on my feet and get one, or know someone that can get me one, ah well roll on whenever they have them back in stock :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    and were only getting in 10 consoles, all of which have been reserved for staff :pac:

Hope you guys put signs up in the morning to save people queuing for nothing.

Wish I had some connections to get me one, hopefully there is some floating about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Quick update, games and consoles are getting delivered sometime tomorrow and wont be on the shelf until Friday morning.

On his sytem they've a PS4 bundle down as 449 and Killzone at 65, they still dont know how many PS4's at the moment, its basically waiting for the delivery to come in.

This is not a Tesco Extra either and the guy works in the Electronic/Non food department.

450 for a ps4 and game?? I got my xbox one with forza for 500!

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    450 for a ps3 and game?? I got my xbox one with forza for 500!

PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

whats more, if everyone here fortunate enough to score one on thursday/friday could take a minute away from their shiny new box of awesome to post availability updates on respective stores ( quantity left, queue size, etc. ), that would be greatly appreciated. :o

Don't generally care if people queue or not to be honest, its a simple 7 digit code to type into the touch screen, so theirs no queuing anyway unless its in stock
    only people queuing will be people to ask if its in stock which I find is morons that do that, because if it was in stock they wouldn't be asking they would be queuing up to pay for the thing:pac:

We had a girl call yesterday from tipperary looking for one
    we said they wont be in stock here or their would be very little
    she offered to pay the girl who answered the phone to get one for her and shed give her 500 for it:pac: she also said their would be no point in her queuing before the shop opened because people would run past her to get in the line first

argos won't be doing it the same way gamestop and smyths are doing it
    theirs no queues , its simply walk in, check too see in stock then pay or go some were else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Don't generally care if people queue or not to be honest, its a simple 7 digit code to type into the touch screen, so theirs no queuing anyway unless its in stock
    only people queuing will be people to ask if its in stock which I find is morons that do that, because if it was in stock they wouldn't be asking they would be queuing up to pay for the thing:pac:

she offered to pay the girl who answered the phone to get one for her and shed give her 500 for it:pac: she also said their would be no point in her queuing before the shop opened because people would run past her to get in the line first

theirs no queues , its simply walk in, check too see in stock then pay or go some were else

Or reserve it at midnight online

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

You're clearly don't understand how queues work........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

He works in Argos,He knows how Argos works :p

God I'm such an idiot.

I went and pre-ordered the Xbox on Gamestop today as I've a feeling it would be available sooner and when I factor in FIFA the gap closes a bit in price.

Believing it was a free till shipping pre order, but when using Visa Debit they take the payment temporarily and it will return in the next few days. :o

I was weary after reading the pre order policy so it was always a risk, but it clearly only stated Lasar as an instant payment(ya I prob could have went Paypal and maybe avoided it).

Not looking likely I'll have access to the funds to try Tesco tomorrow or Friday if either comes up. :(
    Will be watching my 365 all tomorrow.... stupid me... stupid Gamestop... stupid Visa Debit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

D.i.d might/will have ps4, killzone, 2 controller & camera bundle @499 I said might because staff have preference and they won't know quantities until they arrive late tomorrow evening. Worth checking as I've not seen anyone even mention them up to now

you clearly don't know how argos works
    srumball wrote: »
    Or reserve it at midnight online

we got 5 ps4s in yesterday
    go online and try reserve them :) you can't because staff can see when their going to be on the argos system and then they reserve it through the argos system so the public have 0 chance to get any
    we did not even voice any of the ps4's away so their never going to be available to the public unless we make it so
    good luck with trying to reserve it at midnight though let me know how that works out for ya :L

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

go online and try reserve them :) you can't because staff can see when their going to be on the argos system and then they reserve it through the argos system so the public have 0 chance to get any
    we did not even voice any of the ps4's away so their never going to be available to the public unless we make it so
    good luck with trying to reserve it at midnight though let me know how that works out for ya :L

Your smug attitude makes you appear as an awful bell end!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

D.i.d might/will have ps4, killzone, 2 controller & camera bundle @499 I said might because staff have preference and they won't know quantities until they arrive late tomorrow evening. Worth checking as I've not seen anyone even mention them up to now

D.i.d ? Where is that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

See, my request was for a sign to say "no PS4s in stock" to deter people who were under the impression that consoles cant be reserved and would be chancing their arm on the previously advised first-come first-serve basis. A queue of people would form before your doors even open unaware of the fact staff have first dibs. It would be the nice thing to do. Its a shame people like you work in retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Maybe argos should review who they employ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

D.i.d ? Where is that ?
    DID Electrical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Your smug attitude makes you appear as an awful bell end!

He is only smug as he is getting one himself and has not had to jump through hoops or had his nut done in waiting for a phone call :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

AS IF YOU WOULDN'T DO IT.

Course i would but i wouldnt be so smug...id try and help if i could and as a previous post said...put a sign up..im sure people will drive there to look for one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement