Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Support Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

nuebie2 wrote: »
    Sure was, it went okay obviously delighted I was called for the interview. As was said in previous posts the questions were the standard competency based. Be sure of your situations and how you influenced the outcome. Im waiting to hear back now so have everything crossed :) best of look tomorrow !!!

Ah that's very good! Fingers crossed for you ;) did they say when you'd hear back? Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nuebie2

MAC addict wrote: »
    Ah that's very good! Fingers crossed for you ;) did they say when you'd hear back? Thank you! :)

They just said that it would be next week some time and that HR will be quick to get in touch. Very hard to gauge how it went... They were lovely people interviewing but I came out wishing I had said so much more. Just go in and be confident of your abilities and I'm sure you'll do fine. :) best of luck for tomorrow to both of you !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 emilymc

How did the interview go?... Did they say when they would get back to us?

emilymc wrote: »
    How did the interview go?... Did they say when they would get back to us?

Was grand found it to be very calm not like a grilling! They said this week early next week!

Oh fingers crossed....

• Advertisement

They were lovely doing the interview....

I just offered the job!!! :)

I just offered the job!!! :)

That's great news well done! By any chance did they call private number? You must be thrilled :) when do you start?

They rang me yesterday and I missed the call and they rang back today on a dublin number.. Em the start of May they said it will be outlined in the contract.. I'm over the moon!

They rang me yesterday and I missed the call and they rang back today on a dublin number.. Em the start of May they said it will be outlined in the contract.. I'm over the moon!

You should be :) a very exciting time to join the team in there by the sounds of things! Hopefully I hear back soon :-/ well done again and enjoy the next few weeks getting geared up for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 daza2014

Congrats MAC on the job!

I got a call inviting me to an aptitude test in Dublin next week. Can anyone explain what type of aptitude tests they are? Verbal Reasoning? Numeric? Shapes? I get nervous about them and don't want to waste time practising psychometric tests that may not be relevant! I know they say no prior knowledge is needed but just checking do you need the basics of maths, like ratios, percentages etc? The job description was vague, but it's Branch Customer Service, so a teller I imagine.

Thanks guys!

daza2014 wrote: »
    Congrats MAC on the job!

I got a call inviting me to an aptitude test in Dublin next week. Can anyone explain what type of aptitude tests they are? Verbal Reasoning? Numeric? Shapes? I get nervous about them and don't want to waste time practising psychometric tests that may not be relevant! I know they say no prior knowledge is needed but just checking do you need the basics of maths, like ratios, percentages etc? The job description was vague, but it's Branch Customer Service, so a teller I imagine.

Thanks guys!

Hey :) have no idea what the tests are like for the branch roles... The online morriby test was a great help in sussing out the layout and formats. In each section the questions do progressively get a bit tougher but the first five kind of act as a warm up and get you in the swing of it. Again not a whole lot you can do to prepare as I suppose a lot of it is how you approach the questions...

Best of luck with everything and hope you get the results you want :)

Congratulations macaddict... great news. Presume I didn't get it if I heard nothing.... let us know how you are getting on......

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Synney

By any chance does anyone have the HR number that was given to them? Got a call from Claire in HR today about next weeks aptitude test, need to give her a call back tomorrow and it didn't save to my phone, she called from private number :( was rushing to speak to her in work. I can try to call some general numbers if not, but worth a try. Thanks

Getting fed up now...

Didn't get it

emilymc wrote: »
    Didn't get it

Don't lose heart. I'm sure something else will come up! :) I got an email this evening saying the role has been filled yet a friend is interviewing tomorrow for it after been asked today. Hard to know what they were looking for. I have management and sales experience with over 10 years in customer service and a good work history. Energy and enthusiasm out the wazoo without being too much. (Modest aswel eh?! :D) Currently employed so should be grateful for the job I have but am very disappointed with the result. What I'm tryin to say is try not let it get to you. I'm going to look at it as their loss for right now. The right opportunity will come!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Can you still apply for these?

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Can you still apply for these?

Yes they are still advertised on irish jobs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

nuebie2 wrote: »
    Yes they are still advertised on irish jobs :)

Thanks a lot

• Advertisement

Any news guys? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 daza2014

What did people wear to the aptitude test by the way? I'm not going to go in raggy jeans and hoody like but a suit would be a bit over the top for just an aptitude test? Thanks!

daza2014 wrote: »
    What did people wear to the aptitude test by the way? I'm not going to go in raggy jeans and hoody like but a suit would be a bit over the top for just an aptitude test? Thanks!

I just wore smart casual clothes there was loads of people in suits tho... Id put a bit of effort in for it but not too much

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

i wore normal causal clothes, as they have no clue who you are, and there is a lot of people :) Not think about it to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 holidayadvice

Has anybody recently applied for Branch banking? Also is it true Aib Carry pou a credit check on all applicants?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maneno

Most if not all financial institutions carry credit checks
    Has anybody recently applied for Branch banking? Also is it true Aib Carry pou a credit check on all applicants?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 harper7

maneno wrote: »
    Most if not all financial institutions carry credit checks

Yes they deffo do

• Registered Users Posts: 17 harper7

Yes they do

• Registered Users Posts: 35 holidayadvice

Thank you.Have nothing to hide just one late overdraft.Hope this is ok quote="harper7;90133721"]Yes they do[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 lisabeth

Those of you who got the offer, how long did you have to wait for your contract?

Advertisement