Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Support Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

Hi Just wondering have any of you or anyone else went for an aptitude test for aib for a similar role last Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Lads anyone know the shift hours in Swords? Dont mind nights just the bus situation for a few months till I move

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

I did the aptitude test this morning, the girl that was conducting the test said that we would hear back later this evening and interviews most likely on Friday.. Has anyone heard anything yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nuebie2

MAC addict wrote: »
    I did the aptitude test this morning, the girl that was conducting the test said that we would hear back later this evening and interviews most likely on Friday.. Has anyone heard anything yet??

Got a call about an hour ago for interview in Naas on Friday so fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

I thought these roles were filled in January!

• Advertisement

The latest roles are for swords and naas - direct sales and customer service - not the original on this thread :) we may have to start a new one!! :) would be great to know how everyone is getting on since starting in the new year?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

nuebie2 wrote: »
    The latest roles are for swords and naas - direct sales and customer service - not the original on this thread :) we may have to start a new one!! :) would be great to know how everyone is getting on since starting in the new year?!

The aptitude tests I done in December were for the exact same roles in the exact same locations.

redout wrote: »
    The aptitude tests I done in December were for the exact same roles in the exact same locations.

I didn't see in the thread, did you sit an interview redoute, it's my first time to try with AIB but it seems that they recruit quarterly... I may be wrong but with the 23 month contracts they are probably always on the lookout for fresh "recruits" be it for 1 or 10 roles... Maybe no harm to contact HR and express enthusiasm for it if you've still not got sorted... Mistakes do happen. They shouldn't but they do :/

Got a call about an hour ago for interview in Naas on Friday so fingers crossed!

Received the call there mine is on Monday in Naas too! Best of luck with yours tomorrow :)

Thanks :) Best of luck to you too! I'm sure i'll pop on here and give feedback on the process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

A word of advice, AIB hr and also recruiters monitor sites such as boards and disapprove of any discussion of interviews etc online. Confidentiality is a must! Pm might be a good idea to discuss details with eachother!

A word of advice, AIB hr and also recruiters monitor sites such as boards and disapprove of any discussion of interviews etc online. Confidentiality is a must! Pm might be a good idea to discuss details with eachother!

Seriously - Who cares? People are here to seek advice and help each other. Showing enthusiasm and a bit of initiative to try steal a march. The job market is dog eat dog. They have no way of identifying persons unless of course someone is daft enough to give out precise information i.e. "I attended interview yesterday, Naas at 2pm".

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

redout wrote: »
    Seriously - Who cares? People are here to seek advice and help each other. Showing enthusiasm and a bit of initiative to try steal a march. The job market is dog eat dog. They have no way of identifying persons unless of course someone is daft enough to give out precise information i.e. "I attended interview yesterday, Naas at 2pm".
    the reason I'm saying it is because 2 years ago people were chatting away discussing interviews etc and their recruiter was forced to retract offers of employment. But hey 'who cares' right? :)

the reason I'm saying it is because 2 years ago people were chatting away discussing interviews etc and their recruiter was forced to retract offers of employment. But hey 'who cares' right? :)

Exactly, who cares? Like I already said, unless someone is daft enough to disclose information identifying oneself then speak away.

Thanks :) Best of luck to you too! I'm sure i'll pop on here and give feedback on the process
    How did you find the aptitude test? Were you up there on Wednesday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 emilymc

I did my appitude test last Wednesday and got the call Friday morning to say I had passed... ZInterview is tomorrow for naas and I am very nervous....

emilymc wrote: »
    I did my appitude test last Wednesday and got the call Friday morning to say I had passed... ZInterview is tomorrow for naas and I am very nervous....

I am too I'm just researching now and getting even more nervous!

What time is your interview mine is ..... Not sure what to research????

What time is your interview mine is .. Not sure what to research on aib?????

Mines not until the afternoon I've just been researching the company on a whole and the competency base interviews.. Just a hint I'd edit out what time your interview is at you never know who's reading this!

Cheers, fingers crossed we get called for 2nd interview

• Advertisement

I hope so! It probably won't be as bad as we have it built up to be! It will be my first full time job 😱 if I get it that is...

Mine in over 4 years, just finished a bachelor in business studies... So nervous at competency interview....

I've never done that style of interview! I know someone that works there and they were saying they're lovely at doing interviews tho!

Hopefully. People keep telling me about 2nd interviews as well which is making me more nervous

I haven't heard anything about the seconds ones yet.. What have you heard? :O

That they are hard.... Didn't know there were going to be any

Oh lovely! Well even if we don't get the jobs it's an experience and something to learn from!

True... Best of luck tomorrow... Will post how I get on tomorroe

True... Best of luck tomorrow... Will post how I get on tomorroe

Thank you & same to you :)

• Advertisement

MAC addict wrote: »
    How did you find the aptitude test? Were you up there on Wednesday morning?

Sure was, it went okay obviously delighted I was called for the interview. As was said in previous posts the questions were the standard competency based. Be sure of your situations and how you influenced the outcome. Im waiting to hear back now so have everything crossed :) best of luck tomorrow !!!

Advertisement