Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks TTG, much appreciated.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

for anyone who has the phone, how the hell did you get the back cover off!!! mine is budging with me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

psugrue wrote: »
    for anyone who has the phone, how the hell did you get the back cover off!!! mine is budging with me at all.
    It's quite stiff all right, stick your fingernail between the USB port and cover and just pull it off. You won't break it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

seadnamac wrote: »
    It seems to be something to do with WiFi. Turning WiFi off fixed the problem. The reception bar icon went from grey to blue and cycles between 3g and H+ but when I turn WiFi back on the problem starts again. So in short, turning on WiFi means I can't receive calls or texts.

Well this problem is still persisting. When I test it it's like clockwork, disconnect from Wifi and receive calls and texts no problem, connect to Wifi and immediately can't receive calls or texts. The weirdest part is that the odd call or text gets through but the vast majority go nowhere until I disconnect again. It's very strange. Going to reset and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just received this handset, and it's awesome. :D

First Android device I've had since my SII back in 2011, that I've truly been happy with! :)

Well this problem is still persisting. When I test it it's like clockwork, disconnect from Wifi and receive calls and texts no problem, connect to Wifi and immediately can't receive calls or texts. The weirdest part is that the odd call or text gets through but the vast majority go nowhere until I disconnect again. It's very strange. Going to reset and see if that helps.

Factory reset didn't work. Got on to Motorola support live chat and went through a few things before they eventually decided that it must be faulty and to return it to Amazon. Oh well. Back it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

BenThere wrote: »
    Thanks Bren, that seemed to do the trick all right.

Can't believe this phone will be delivered by next weekend for the equivalent of €153. Unbelievable!! I was toying with the idea of getting a Chinese phone but this is the best of both worlds, a bang up to date phone from a quality manufacturer. If this works commercially for Motorola/Google Vodafone and the other network operators better get ready to become airtime providers and nothing else.

Here's the order confirmation for those interested in getting one.

nlbo.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys.

Santa is coming early this year!!!!

Ben

Just got a confirmation email that the phone has been dispatched. Should be with me by Thursday. Top marks Tesco Direct!!

Ben

And now Amazon say it could be as late as February before they can replace my faulty unit. Absolute disaster. Might just get a refund and try my luck some other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Recoil12

Hi lads,
    I currently have the 16GB pre-ordered on Amazon at a cost of roughly €195.Should I cancel this and order on Tesco?Bear in mind though that I can't touch it until the 25th(Christmas present),do the guys on ebay work during this time?If not I'll be left with a phone that can't send/receive calls/texts until possibly January.Also is flashing the ROM difficult?

Is it worth saving the €40 buying from Tesco or is it too much hassle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Recoil12 wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    I currently have the 16GB pre-ordered on Amazon at a cost of roughly €195.Should I cancel this and order on Tesco?Bear in mind though that I can't touch it until the 25th(Christmas present),do the guys on ebay work during this time?If not I'll be left with a phone that can't send/receive calls/texts until possibly January.Also is flashing the ROM difficult?

Is it worth saving the €40 buying from Tesco or is it too much hassle?

If i were u I would and save about 45 quid. You'll have the phone a few days after you order and the imei number you need to unlock it is on the outside of the box so no need to wait to Xmas day to look for an unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Nice surprise !!
    IMG_20131203_205404_zps08f656bb.jpg

Collected mine today from Tesco, opened it as i wanted to have it unlocked ready for Xmass, i bought the phone for my girlfriend, was delighted when i opened it and there was a free pink shell in it too! I was going to order the pink shell and flip case, now i just need the flip case, score! the missus is going to love this! After all the giving out of the camera i have to say i took 2 quick shots with it and its alot better than i expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

And now Amazon say it could be as late as February before they can replace my faulty unit. Absolute disaster. Might just get a refund and try my luck some other way.

Can I ask, did you email them on this?

I just ordered a 16GB on Amazon. It doesn't matter too much if it isn't here for Xmas but I would want it by the end of January if not for a gift.
    Does anyone have any idea on how likely this is? Or if there are any other retailer, online or in Ireland, from which I could buy a 16GB model?

wayhey wrote: »

I just ordered a 16GB on Amazon. It doesn't matter too much if it isn't here for Xmas but I would want it by the end of January if not for a gift.
    Does anyone have any idea on how likely this is? Or if there are any other retailer, online or in Ireland, from which I could buy a 16GB model?

i canceled mine on sunday with amazon, have it in hand today via Tesco, plus a free pink shell :D Cant see amazon having it anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

I take it Tesco Uk don't deliever here. So how do I go about ordering it as I have one paid for from Amazon but if I can get it for much cheaper on Tesco I might as well get it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

parcel motel or read the previous posts

They emailed me after I processed the return request online. Fortunately they have since emailed me again with a new delivery date of 11th or 12th of December which obviously is much better. Hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Bought a 16gb on ebay for 160 sterling and 6 quid shipping via PM, son's gonna be chuffed as his s2 is falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Expansy's have the 16gb for €229

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone know anywhere that will be stocking the dual SIM version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

projectgtr wrote: »
    Nice surprise !!
    IMG_20131203_205404_zps08f656bb.jpg

Collected mine today from Tesco, opened it as i wanted to have it unlocked ready for Xmass, i bought the phone for my girlfriend, was delighted when i opened it and there was a free pink shell in it too! I was going to order the pink shell and flip case, now i just need the flip case, score! the missus is going to love this! After all the giving out of the camera i have to say i took 2 quick shots with it and its alot better than i expected!

8GB or 16GB? I collected the 8GB and it had nothing... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

god's toy wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere that will be stocking the dual SIM version?

Its not out until January in India so maybe a few weeks after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Did anyone need to charge their phone straight out of the box?

Got the 8GB from Tesco as a Christmas present for my daughter. Was planning to unlock, etc today but when I took it out and hit power nothing happened. Panic started to set in as normally any phone has some power and starts. So plugged in charger and a white light appeared on the top of the phone, however still would not turn on. After a while when hitting power again it showed a battery symbol with 0%. After waiting a few more minutes I was able to power on and it appears to be charging now.

Anyone else experience this or have I gotten a dud?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Did anyone need to charge their phone straight out of the box?

Got the 8GB from Tesco as a Christmas present for my daughter. Was planning to unlock, etc today but when I took it out and hit power nothing happened. Panic started to set in as normally any phone has some power and starts. So plugged in charger and a white light appeared on the top of the phone, however still would not turn on. After a while when hitting power again it showed a battery symbol with 0%. After waiting a few more minutes I was able to power on and it appears to be charging now.

Anyone else experience this or have I gotten a dud?

How long have you waited? I'd relax and leave it on charge for 30 - 45 minutes before panicking. Then see where you stand. Mine was pretty low when I opened it, but had enough to last an hour or so without initial charging.

Wife's Moto G required charging as well when opened. Wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VitaminE

So what's the verdict friends, amazon delivering by xmas or find another seller?

eddiem74 wrote: »
    8GB or 16GB? I collected the 8GB and it had nothing... :(

16Gb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭bren2001

VitaminE wrote: »
    So what's the verdict friends, amazon delivering by xmas or find another seller?

Amazon will deliver by Christmas, they said they will.

However, the verdict is buy of tesco direct when in stock as it is much cheaper. Buy an unlock code for 2 GBP and then flash the motorola rom onto it, so it updates to 4.4 day one of release on Moto G with no Tesco bloatware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

TheTechGuy wrote: »

I'm getting this:
    " This seller is currently away until 05 Dec, 2013, and isn't processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your Watch List to purchase later. "

any other trusted sellers?

Advertisement