Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Do-more wrote: »
    Thanks but the difference in app availability is well documented and I've already stated that that is what would entice me to buy an android phone.

What I was hoping for was some feedback on changing OS, the general user experience, OS stability re. random crashes and freezes etc. stuff like that.

Why bring your query off thread? This thread is about the Moto G, not Android as an OS!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

BenThere wrote: »
    Why bring your query off thread? This thread is about the Moto G, not Android as an OS!

Ben
    Because the question is specifically connected to buying a Moto G, but now that I thought I'd made my mind up Amazon.co.uk are showing "Usually dispatched within 1 to 4 months." :(

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Because the question is specifically connected to buying a Moto G, but now that I thought I'd made my mind up Amazon.co.uk are showing "Usually dispatched within 1 to 4 months." :(

Well if you are buying it would you not buy from tesco direct as its much cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

What I was hoping for was some feedback on changing OS, the general user experience, OS stability re. random crashes and freezes etc. stuff like that.

You were hoping for some feedback on the OS switch in general
    nothing to do with Moto G really

Maybe worth a new thread
    I too would be interested in hearing stories and comparisons of people who have converted between different OS's

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Well if you are buying it would you not buy from tesco direct as its much cheaper?
    Would if I could but I'm in Sweden so no Parcel Motel here!

Amazon.co.uk will deliver here with Super saver delivery if it were available

.de are €169 + delivery so not nearly so attractive.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Would if I could but I'm in Sweden so no Parcel Motel here!

Amazon.co.uk will deliver here with Super saver delivery if it were available

.de are €169 + delivery so not nearly so attractive.
    Ah fair enough, thought you might have missed the tesco price tag.

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Maybe worth a new thread
    I too would be interested in hearing stories and comparisons of people who have converted between different OS's

Done

invest4deepvalue.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Hope Tesco will have stock soon, If I order soon will I have it in time for Christmas if bought from Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 evifeno

OK I've been playing the Moto G all day and I've one complaint...

You cannot rearrange the Apps in the app menu. The only go by alphabetical order.

Now 90% of people aren't going to care about not being able to rearrange the Apps. I'm a freak & care!

There, I said it.

You cannot rearrange the Apps in the app menu. The only go by alphabetical order.

Now 90% of people aren't going to care about not being able to rearrange the Apps. I'm a freak & care!

There, I said it.

• Advertisement

evifeno wrote: »

There, I said it.

Switch launcher?

Any you'd recommend?

I think you can sort apps as you like in either Apex or Nova, or both, can't remember. I also can't remember if you can do it in the free version of either.

There, I said it.
    It's Android.
    Don't like something? Switch it out! I'd personally recommend Apex as it's very like stock and is also very customisable.

Installed Apex. Pretty good launcher! Really customizable, even let's you turn on badges on icons to show missed notifications. Impressed. Still battling with rearranging the app drawer though. You can sort of rearrange it, well, put all your social apps in one folder, your games in another folder and so on. Still no real way to drag and rearrange. Never the less, 4.5 out of 5 from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Hi folks,

I am very interested in getting the 16GB version of this, seems fantastic value, especially from Tesco Direct.

I have already been on the Tesco Direct web site, and turned on a "Stock Alert", which means they will e-mail me when it becomes available again.

I am just wondering about delivery to Parcel Motel, will there be a problem, how do I put in my PM number in the address field??

Are there any traps or tricks regarding Irish Credit/Debit cards, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The tesco version has a modified ROM, wonder will that slow down the updates to it ??
    Has anyone with has the Tesco one spotted any difference?
    Wonder did they just use the ROM to lock the phone...

Yes the rom purely locks the phone as far as I can tell on mine, nothing else seems different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Installed Apex. Pretty good launcher! Really customizable, even let's you turn on badges on icons to show missed notifications. Impressed. Still battling with rearranging the app drawer though. You can sort of rearrange it, well, put all your social apps in one folder, your games in another folder and so on. Still no real way to drag and rearrange. Never the less, 4.5 out of 5 from me!

You can arrange apps in groups in standard Android. Drag them on top of each other and it will create a folder for you.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You can arrange apps I groups in standard Android. Drag them on top of each other and it will create a folder for you.

Yeah, pretty sure not on the Moto G. I can create folders with Apex though, just not with the standard launcher in the app drawer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Yeah, pretty sure not on the Moto G. I can create folders with Apex though, just not with the standard launcher in the app drawer

This is only on home screens I think, not the app drawer.

I wonder if I buy a 16GB Moto G now would I get it in time for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, home screens only, that's what they're there for.

I wonder if I buy a 16GB Moto G now would I get it in time for Christmas?
    If you order an 8Gb off Amazon.co.uk the estimated delivery time is Thursday, December 12, 2013 - Friday, December 20, 2013.

That's as close as you are going to get to being guaranteed one for Christmas.

It isn't due to come into stock until Dec. 6th.

If you can afford to do so the best bet is to place an order with Amazon and then keep trying to order one from Tesco. If you get one from Tesco cancel your Amazon order. (Amazon won't charge you until it is dispatched but they may have an authorisation on your credit card before that.)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Was up in Newry today and the phones4u shop had them in stock. Might be an option for those willing to drive up. Dunno how much but I'm sure you can ring ahead.

If you order an 8Gb off Amazon.co.uk the estimated delivery time is Thursday, December 12, 2013 - Friday, December 20, 2013.

That's as close as you are going to get to being guaranteed one for Christmas.

It isn't due to come into stock until Dec. 6th.

If you can afford to do so the best bet is to place an order with Amazon and then keep trying to order one from Tesco. If you get one from Tesco cancel your Amazon order. (Amazon won't charge you until it is dispatched but they may have an authorisation on your credit card before that.)
    Thanks for that.
    I wonder how much buying it using FlubIt will affect that date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ste- wrote: »
    Was up in Newry today and the phones4u shop had them in stock. Might be an option for those willing to drive up. Dunno how much but I'm sure you can ring ahead.

Only had 8GB in stock when we were up there, at £134.99 unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Liking these new Moto phones of late!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Only had 8GB in stock when we were up there, at £134.99 unlocked.

200 for the 16gb, rip off :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pablo-jericho

I'm a bit confused, do Amazon ship phones to Ireland now? I didn't change my address for the craic and the pre-order went through fine

Advertisement