Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

I've been trying to find out more about the keypad and input options for messaging for the Moto G. Is it possible to select an alphanumeric/3x4 keyboard with predictive text (e.g. XT9) for the Moto G? I know Motorola have something called iTAP but I don't know if that includes 3x4 input.

Any info appreciated!

I don't see anything in the settings but anything in the Play Store should work fine. I installed the one below and it seemed to work fine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bb.keyboard.wf&hl=en

If you are new to Android you may not realise in Android keyboards are just apps. Your phone will come with one or more preinstalled but you can get more from the Play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Woo hoo got my Moto G unlocked and using my Dutch sim fine with it.

Only thing that doesn't seem to work properly is A2DP Audio streaming, seems like the audio is slowed down and skipping every so often when I pair it with my Tunelink Auto device.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 griffonmark

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    well, again, they did for me. got email about 8am, ordered 11am, worked out 89 pounds of e106 with the code.

I know there must be something I'm missing but how do i register on Tesco Direct - keeps requiring a postcode which we don't have (yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

any would do, I used Parcelmotel's one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭bren2001

I know there must be something I'm missing but how do i register on Tesco Direct - keeps requiring a postcode which we don't have (yet).

You can't get it shipped to Ireland. You have to use parcel motel. Get it shipped to their Northern Ireland address and they will bring it to your depot in the south for you.

To answer your question it is the Parcel Motel postcode. There are instructions in the thread of how to do each step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Just setting up the Moto G, my god, it's some phone for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Got one of these for the Dad, moved from a Nokia E52

He loves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭blackwave

Trying to register for Tesco Direct and when I go to enter my Surname as my Parcel Motel ID. I get this message and it won't let me proceed Please enter your name using letters a to z and hyphen (-) only. Surname can also use apostrophe ('). Any Ideas on a solution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

yes, read the bloody thread

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

blackwave wrote: »
    Trying to register for Tesco Direct and when I go to enter my Surname as my Parcel Motel ID. I get this message and it won't let me proceed Please enter your name using letters a to z and hyphen (-) only. Surname can also use apostrophe ('). Any Ideas on a solution

write the numbers as words... OneTwoThreeFour etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭blackwave

gbob wrote: »
    write the numbers as words... OneTwoThreeFour etc.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭decimal

16GB arrived from amazon uk today. This is my switch to Android from iOS.
    I have been happy with my iPhone 4 up until iOS7. It started getting laggy, the keyboard would take about 2/3 seconds to react to a few keypress. I have all animations turned off, applied all the "speed fixes" I could find online. It wasn't a great user experience. I bought it for €700 in January 2011.
    I was hesitant in buying a mid range phone as a replacement to an older, high end one, but it's a huge upgrade. Opening a web page is about 3 times faster, the wait time between launching and interacting with an app is at least twice as fast.
    If I was to stay with iOS, the cheapest upgrade phone I could buy from apple is €600 (or 3 Moto Gs).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

decimal wrote: »
    I have been happy with my iPhone 4 up until iOS7. It started getting laggy, the keyboard would take about 2/3 seconds to react to a few keypress. I have all animations turned off, applied all the "speed fixes" I could find online. It wasn't a great user experience. I bought it for €700 in January 2011.
    I was hesitant in buying a mid range phone as a replacement to an older, high end one, but it's a huge upgrade. Opening a web page is about 3 times faster, the wait time between launching and interacting with an app is at least twice as fast.
    If I was to stay with iOS, the cheapest upgrade phone I could buy from apple is €600 (or 3 Moto Gs).

You could actually get 4 Moto G 16GB from Tesco Direct for €600....if they were available!!! [maybe less than €600 if you use codes]

decimal wrote: »

The moto G is even more responsive than my friends 700 euro iPhone 5s, can't believe how good it is although it's no LG G2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Just discovered that the Moto G doesn't support Miracast, no option for wifi display mirroring in settings, seems to be a licencing issue. Is there any workaround?

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Just discovered that the Moto G doesn't support Miracast, no option for wifi display mirroring in settings, seems to be a licencing issue. Is there any workaround?

What are you using it for? Have you got a chrome cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Lads,

I'm trying to set myself up on tesco direct and enter my PM ID as my surname. I've seen guys mention that I should enter it as words.

ie. onetwothreefourfive

But my PM ID is six numbers long.

Even excluding the PM bit and not leaving spaces between the numbers, there isn't enough room in the surname box to enter the full number!

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Quad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭bren2001

quad_red wrote: »
    Lads,

I'm trying to set myself up on tesco direct and enter my PM ID as my surname. I've seen guys mention that I should enter it as words.

ie. onetwothreefourfive

But my PM ID is six numbers long.

Even excluding the PM bit and not leaving spaces between the numbers, there isn't enough room in the surname box to enter the full number!

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Quad

Split it over the two names i.e.

1st: JoeBloggs-PM-One-Two
    2nd: Three-Four-Five-Six

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

bren2001 wrote: »
    Split it over the two names i.e.

1st: JoeBloggs-PM-One-Two
    2nd: Three-Four-Five-Six

Still doesn't fit. Last digit is 'zer' (as opposed to 'zero').

Does an actual person read this address and join it with the account? Mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 swab

Omit the dashes, enter it as OneTwoThree etc., should fit in then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

My 8Gb model just arrived from Amazon, just started it up to check that all was working and then packed it back up to put under the tree.

I particularly wanted to check that there was no problem receiving calls with the wifi switched on as another poster had reported. All seems fine with mine.

Think I'll wait for the genuine Motorola flip case that replaces the rear shell and has the magnet that unlocks the phone when the case is opened or has anyone found a 3rd party copy of it that's available now?

Just to update this, got my replacement unit from Amazon yesterday and everything is working as it should. Wifi not interfering with incoming calls or texts this time. First device was just faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Are people getting these recently on Tesco Direct? Haven't seen them in stock in days! Tried one morning at 7 to no avail! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I got my moto g yesterday from Tesco direct. Unlocked it and then flashed it to stock UK firmware. Everything works grand but can't get data working on tesco Ireland - I've double checked my APN settings and they look fine. There's a persistent r above the signal bars which indicates data roaming but this is switched of in settings. Can make and receive and texts OK. Any suggestion s greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Chromecast Mirroring is on the way - http://mashable.com/2013/12/09/google-chromecast-screen-mirroring/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

digitaldr wrote: »
    I got my moto g yesterday from Tesco direct. Unlocked it and then flashed it to stock UK firmware. Everything works grand but can't get data working on tesco Ireland - I've double checked my APN settings and they look fine. There's a persistent r above the signal bars which indicates data roaming but this is switched of in settings. Can make and receive and texts OK. Any suggestion s greatly appreciated!

You need to turn data roaming on in mobile network settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The R will indicate regular roaming as opposed to data roaming. Check out the settings on the Tesco site, you need to have roaming on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks lads working grand after turning data roaming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

What are you using it for? Have you got a chrome cast?
    The Miracast dongle is a lot cheaper than than the Chromecast £17 vs. £40ish and the Chromecast has up to now been very restricted but with the Moto G it seems like the only option.

Hopefully Google will open it up more and the price gets more competitive. Might just go the whole hog and get an Ouya.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Our colleague, tilaz, is on the job, framework change can re-enable miracast in the Moto g....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48371484&postcount=3

Watch here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/themes-apps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Hi

I'm also having problems getting data working on Tesco Mobile on my Moto G.

On my old phone I usually just used my Wifi for data but now I need a more mobile data connection so I purchased a 30 day 1gb data download package from Tesco.

I have switched off my Wifi to check my new mobile data connection and it doesn't appear to be working. The Tesco website confirms that i have purchased 1GB.

I have ticked 'Data Enabled' and 'Data Roaming' but nothing happening.

Am I missing something?

Any help appreciated.
    Max

Advertisement