Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I'm a bit confused, do Amazon ship phones to Ireland now?

Yes, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Heads-up: The 16gb version is now in-stock on Tesco online!! I just successfully ordered one!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

mystic86 wrote: »
    Heads-up: The 16gb version is now in-stock on Tesco online!! I just successfully ordered one!! :)

Not available now, one hour after you posted this.

I am registered for notification from Tesco Direct and got none.

See my screenshot attached.

Are you sure??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Are you sure??

Actually I'm only 50/50 about whether I got one, hence me saying I successfully ordered one .... Yes dude, I'm sure

mystic86 wrote: »
    Actually I'm only 50/50 about whether I got one, hence me saying I successfully ordered one .... Yes dude, I'm sure

Sorry, just chked again, now showing available, 16GB version.....

half ordered one from this mobile in me bed!!!!

Thanks for the heads up, sorry for doubting you....fair play yo ya :)

I wonder what happened to Tesco sending email when available??

Anyway, no worries now!!!!

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Yeah you have to use parcel motel address. It doesn't allow you use numbers in the name field so your PMID will need to be written like this. PM OneTwoThreeFourFive. Choose nightline logistics in the address dropdown menu after entering the PM postcode. Not sure about the clubcard points, you can try and login in with your irish clubcard details and see if that works. Phone comes locked to tesco uk so needs to be unlocked. Codes can be got for less than €2.50 and it needs a micro sim.

Guys, can anyone help with the Parcel Motel Address I need to enter on the Tesco Direct site:

I have entered the Post Code, BT36 4PX....

but the list of addresses available does not include the Nightline Logistics, or indeed this....

Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim

What address should I choose, can't copy and paste those showing, but the first one is

Allister Moore Ltd, Unit 3 Newtownabbey

last one is

Unit 21 McKinney Industrial Estate, etc

There are a couple of Logistics address's showing in the drop-down list also...

TDG Logistics 52 Mallusk Road

DHL Excel McKinney Ind. Estate

Anyone know??

Or are Tesco copping on to PM, and excluding delivery to them??

I have done a capture of the relevant section below:

2e3qxw6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭bren2001

Guys, can anyone help with the Parcel Motel Address I need to enter on the Tesco Direct site:

I have entered the Post Code, BT36 4PX....

You've the old post code. Its BT36 4PE and select Nightline Deliveries.

bren2001 wrote: »
    You've the old post code. Its BT36 4PE and select Nightline Deliveries.

Thanks very much indeed, that was the original Post Code I got last year, perhaps even before that, I can't recall getting an update about about it.....

However, I actually got to purchase the 16GB moto G.....at least it's showing up in my Tesco Direct account, and I got an e-mail from them acknowledging my purchase, so, good to go. I think.....

Delivery by Dec. 7th.....

lookin forward to messin with this now...rooting, SIM unlocking, bootloader unlock, etc, etc

Thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Guys,

I've gotten as far as paying for the Moto G with Tesco Direct using my Parcel Motel account and post code etc for delivery but when it comes to entering my card details it insists on having a UK billing address for the card which I obviously don't have. How have you guys gotten around that? I don't see any option for using PayPal :confused:

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Guys,

I've gotten as far as paying for the Moto G with Tesco Direct using my Parcel Motel account and post code etc for delivery but when it comes to entering my card details it insists on having a UK billing address for the card which I obviously don't have. How have you guys gotten around that? I don't see any option for using PayPal :confused:

Ben

Just use the Parcel Motel billing address. It should not be cancelled as Tesco don't check but if you want you can ring the bank and add the address as a billing or shipping address on the card.

• Advertisement

Just use the Parcel Motel billing address. It should not be cancelled as Tesco don't check but if you want you can ring the bank and add the address as a billing or shipping address on the card.

Thanks Bren, that seemed to do the trick all right.

Can't believe this phone will be delivered by next weekend for the equivalent of €153. Unbelievable!! I was toying with the idea of getting a Chinese phone but this is the best of both worlds, a bang up to date phone from a quality manufacturer. If this works commercially for Motorola/Google Vodafone and the other network operators better get ready to become airtime providers and nothing else.

Here's the order confirmation for those interested in getting one.

nlbo.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys.

Santa is coming early this year!!!!

Ben

Thanks Bren, that seemed to do the trick all right.

Can't believe this phone will be delivered by next weekend for the equivalent of €153. Unbelievable!! I was toying with the idea of getting a Chinese phone but this is the best of both worlds, a bang up to date phone from a quality manufacturer. If this works commercially for Motorola/Google Vodafone and the other network operators better get ready to become airtime providers and nothing else.

Here's the order confirmation for those interested in getting one.

nlbo.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys.

Santa is coming early this year!!!!

Ben

Exactly what I got, I can't wait!!!

I'm actually selling my Galaxy S3 now, with a few extras, cos I will be getting a Nexus 7 for Crimbo from herself, so the S3 is really surplus to requirements....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ks44

Does anybody know of anywhere that have the flip case in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

ks44 wrote: »
    Does anybody know of anywhere that have the flip case in stock?

You should find them in stock from tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭michaelg

Anyone know if the ones from tesco are locked to the tesco network ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

michaelg wrote: »
    Anyone know if the ones from tesco are locked to the tesco network ?

Yes they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I take it they will work on Tesco Ireland and not just Tesco UK??

digitaldr wrote: »
    I take it they will work on Tesco Ireland and not just Tesco UK??

Just Tesco UK, you have to unlock the phone to use it on any different network (which includes Tesco Ireland). There is a few links in the thread and it costs about 2 GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Jaysus tried from 11am and unavailable, what time did you guys order at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Jaysus tried from 11am and unavailable, what time did you guys order at?

7:11am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

I've put my old sim into my newly arrived Moto G but I can't seem to receive calls or texts. I can make calls but not the other way around. Person calling gets a "cannot take your call" response. Any ideas?

I'm with Meteor on an expired contract which is now rolling on monthly. When I put the sim back in the old phone the texts and missed calls came through immediately.

seadnamac wrote: »
    I've put my old sim into my newly arrived Moto G but I can't seem to receive calls or texts. I can make calls but not the other way around. Person calling gets a "cannot take your call" response. Any ideas?

I'm with Meteor on an expired contract which is now rolling on monthly. When I put the sim back in the old phone the texts and missed calls came through immediately.
    that's odd, maybe try it a second time, maybe the sim is loose?

that's odd, maybe try it a second time, maybe the sim is loose?

It seems to be something to do with WiFi. Turning WiFi off fixed the problem. The reception bar icon went from grey to blue and cycles between 3g and H+ but when I turn WiFi back on the problem starts again. So in short, turning on WiFi means I can't receive calls or texts.

It seems to be something to do with WiFi. Turning WiFi off fixed the problem. The reception bar icon went from grey to blue and cycles between 3g and H+ but when I turn WiFi back on the problem starts again. So in short, turning on WiFi means I can't receive calls or texts.

Is yours a tesco one or sim free from somewhere else? Possible that it would have something to do with the tesco firmware.

Is yours a tesco one or sim free from somewhere else? Possible that it would have something to do with the tesco firmware.

Sim free from Amazon. I vaguely remember reading on some other thread that the 4g compatible phones can cause reception issues by constantly searching for a 4g signal but I can't remember the details or if it's relevant here.

Sim free from Amazon. I vaguely remember reading on some other thread that the 4g compatible phones can cause reception issues by constantly searching for a 4g signal but I can't remember the details or if it's relevant here.

The moto g isn't 4g capable so thats not it. Theres a few results on it on google but the only solution I seen was to switch to gsm only. Definetly not ideal. Must be some way around as not everyone is experiencing this problem.

The moto g isn't 4g capable so thats not it. Theres a few results on it on google but the only solution I seen was to switch to gsm only. Definetly not ideal. Must be some way around as not everyone is experiencing this problem.

Oh yea that's right. It's a strange one. Will have to have a proper Google tomorrow. A touch disappointing so far anyway in that regard. Otherwise great screen, lovely build, good performance.

Just Tesco UK, you have to unlock the phone to use it on any different network (which includes Tesco Ireland). There is a few links in the thread and it costs about 2 GBP.

Hi Bren,

I searched this thread a couple of times but can't find a link to a reliable unlock service. Would you mind re-posting if you know it?

All I could find that looks authoritative is http://www.androidpit.com/moto-g-unlock-bootloader-and-root

Ben

Hi Bren,

I searched this thread a couple of times but can't find a link to a reliable unlock service. Would you mind re-posting if you know it?

All I could find that looks authoritative is http://www.androidpit.com/moto-g-unlock-bootloader-and-root

Ben
    The eBay guy is where everyone is getting it unlocked, he has a 99% feedback rating so you have nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement

The eBay guy is where everyone is getting it unlocked, he has a 99% feedback rating so you have nothing to worry about.

"The eBay guy"????

Ben

Advertisement