Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I suggest just doing a reinstall of chrome on it. I noticed pages not loading "Oops google chrome cannot display this webpage yada yada" which stopped happening after restarting.
    Thanks, it seems to be working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

nc6000 wrote: »
    I'm still not getting any update. On Vodafone and have checked loads of times since yesterday but nothing.

Nothing here yet either (4G version on Tesco mobile)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

loyatemu wrote: »
    Nothing here yet either (4G version on Tesco mobile)

You're missing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Updated yesterday evening after getting sick of the annoying prompts,don't notice anything different other than the dialer screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Just ordered the Moto G 4G Tesco Mobile version using the coupon. Had a bit of hassle setting up the account/address and using the card with the PM address, but all was resolved and the order has been created :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Still no bloody update here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Updated myself. No big deal really. It really surprises me how Google keep changing things but are forever making stupid mistakes. I mean, the last dialer was a bit of a mess but at least the buttons were easy enough to tap. They have made the "All Contacts" button in the new dialer more awkward and small. I keep speed dialling people by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flabee113

Hi lads, is the 4g version of the phone locked to a network? Will it work with an 02 sim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

flabee113 wrote: »
    Hi lads, is the 4g version of the phone locked to a network? Will it work with an 02 sim?

Depends where you buy from but tesco direct is the cheapest and get it delivered via parcel motel. Go with the tesco locked version and when you get it go onto eBay and get a unlock code for less than €2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im thinking about getting this phone, the 4g version for the sd card. What's it like as a phone? What's the battery life like?
    Is 8gb enough of internal storage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Im thinking about getting this phone, the 4g version for the sd card. What's it like as a phone? What's the battery life like?
    Is 8gb enough of internal storage?

I have the 8gb 3G version and I really like it. It's snappy when using it and the battery is very good for a smart phone. I always get a full day out of a charge, and if your not using it much that could stretch to almost two days. If you need the storage the SD card will come in handy on the 4G model, but I have plenty of apps on mine and still have enough space for a few audio books so i'm happy with just the 8GB. The Gorilla glass screen is very tough, and even though I don't use a flip case I have yet to scratch it once since I bought it at Christmas. The only serious flaw I can see is the camera which is poor enough, but I think smart phones are the worst thing to happen to photography anyway, so I think you will need a decent camera all the same. For the price I think it can't be beat (if you are going 'pay as you go'. I haven't bothered looking at tariffed plans including phones in a long time, but I believe they are more expensive overall).

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Depends where you buy from but tesco direct is the cheapest and get it delivered via parcel motel. Go with the tesco locked version and when you get it go onto eBay and get a unlock code for less than €2.

On amazon, it said that the phone wasn't locked to a network. If I just put my old 02 sim into the phone, should it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

flabee113 wrote: »
    On amazon, it said that the phone wasn't locked to a network. If I just put my old 02 sim into the phone, should it work?

Yeah the sim free ones on amazon will be unlocked and therefore will work with any sim, they are more expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

4.4.4 ia available OTA on my meteor motog!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

4.4.4. just hit on the 3 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Randomly my music has been stopping recently, anyone else has this problem?

Its like the pause button is being pressed even in lock mode

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Has anyone on 48 received the update yet

Can someone explain how to order from Tesco direct using Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

I'm having problems trying to unlock the Bootloader on my Moto G.

I have the OEM String with all the spaces taken out of it,
    and when I paste on Motorola's page....
    https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b

...I get "Your device does not qualify for Bootloader unlocking."

I tried unlinking my Google Account in Settings - Motorola Device ID, and trying it.

I tried relinking in my Google Account, and trying it and no joy.

One thing I haven't tried is creating a standalone Motorola account, not linked to my google account.

I am using a Sim Free Tesco Mobile 16GB Moto G (3G Model).

Anyone have any ideas?

Is there away of unlocking the bootloader without using Motorola's site?

Thanks for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Randomly my music has been stopping recently, anyone else has this problem?

Its like the pause button is being pressed even in lock mode

I've had this issue with Spotify, it's like the app is closing randomly occasionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

I had the same problem i was using chrome change to firefox and it worked first time this is for waveform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

robbie67 wrote: »
    Has anyone on 48 received the update yet

Yup, near a week ago.

As mentioned though, you'll barely notice it. Not worth looking for, i only updated cuz it was there.

I just came from a samsung ace on Android 2.2 or something and ive been wondering what all the android 4 fuss has been about.

Whats different like...not alot.

RE: Bootloader Unlocking Issue.

Looks like there is a lot more people who are getting the "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking" message.

I've posted all the info in a sticky thread on the Motorola Community forums for people who are having the issue.

Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out and send the code.

I have checked to ensure there is absolutely no spaces or characters missing in that string.

At times like this, I hate technology!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

waveform wrote: »
    RE: Bootloader Unlocking Issue.

Looks like there is a lot more people who are getting the "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking" message.

I've posted all the info in a sticky thread on the Motorola Community forums for people who are having the issue.

Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out and send the code.

I have checked to ensure there is absolutely no spaces or characters missing in that string.

At times like this, I hate technology!

From which network did you buy the phone?

I got mine from Meteor and it worked fine ;)

waveform wrote: »
    I'm having problems trying to unlock the Bootloader on my Moto G.

I have the OEM String with all the spaces taken out of it,
    and when I paste on Motorola's page....
    https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b

...I get "Your device does not qualify for Bootloader unlocking."

I tried unlinking my Google Account in Settings - Motorola Device ID, and trying it.

I tried relinking in my Google Account, and trying it and no joy.

One thing I haven't tried is creating a standalone Motorola account, not linked to my google account.

I am using a Sim Free Tesco Mobile 16GB Moto G (3G Model).

Anyone have any ideas?

Is there away of unlocking the bootloader without using Motorola's site?

Thanks for your time.

What does unlocking this do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 X3Y2B7

nc6000 wrote: »
    What does unlocking this do?

Allows for custom roms, custom kernels, rooting, etc

Pov06 wrote: »
    From which network did you buy the phone?

I got mine from Meteor and it worked fine ;)

I bought the Sim Free version from Tesco UK, so it isn't bought from any network technically.

It's mentioned in the post you quoted btw! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

loyatemu wrote: »
    I've had this issue with Spotify, it's like the app is closing randomly occasionally.

Not just Spotify, DoubleTwist as well. Its like an occasional hard press on the lock screen pauses te music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I only just got a notification saying there's an update available.

People were saying it was causing Chrome and streaming issues in here, should I hold off? I'm on 4.4.2.

• Advertisement

Occono wrote: »
    I only just got a notification saying there's an update available.

People were saying it was causing Chrome and streaming issues in here, should I hold off? I'm on 4.4.2.

Chrome seems to be working fine for me.

Advertisement