Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

• Registered Users Posts: 46 08mor

Some guy has 5 of them for sale on adverts, had I not splashed out on the nexus 5 I'd probably nab one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

bert911 wrote: »

Friend in Belgium got one a few weeks back and loves it! Says it comes with a two or three added (bloated) apps but thats about it, mostly stock after that.
    Using the old Terga 3 SOC CPU @1.3 GHz (think Nexus 7 2012) so moto G has it slashed there with it's Snapdragon 400. It does have room for an SD card and comes with a 4GB one in the box as well as black and white back covers and removable battery.

He paid 199 for it so it's not bad for what you're getting I guess but if it came down to getting this or moto G, I would be getting the Moto G as I don't think it will be getting the 4.4 but I could be wrong and the CPU is newer.

But yea a nice phone for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

08mor wrote: »
    Some guy has 5 of them for sale on adverts, had I not splashed out on the nexus 5 I'd probably nab one.

€200 for the 8gb model?! I'd rather wait than buy when I could get the 16gb from Amazon for same price after delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 08mor

peejay1986 wrote: »
    €200 for the 8gb model?! I'd rather wait than buy when I could get the 16gb from Amazon for same price after delivery.

True, but if you are impatient like I am it might be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

4.4 released for this phone. That was quick not even out on all nexus devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

4.4 released for this phone. That was quick not even out on all nexus devices.

is it not getting it in jan 2014???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

massy086 wrote: »
    is it not getting it in jan 2014???

No it's released now, read it on flipboard. I'm on phone now so can't give link.

Edit. It's actually moto X. Sorry for confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Has anyone seen the shells for sale ? I'm getting this for the missus and the pink shell would go down well xmass morning. If not the white will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

projectgtr wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the shells for sale ? I'm getting this for the missus and the pink shell would go down well xmass morning. If not the white will have to do.

I'm also in the market for a shell or shells. Still no update on when these are being shipped I take it?

• Advertisement

I'm also in the market for a shell or shells. Still no update on when these are being shipped I take it?

Haven't seen any might just get her the white one and buy the pink one when launched, least then she can decide over a shell a flip shell or the official case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone found a store that sells this yet?

I've confirmed that O2 have no plans to stock it sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Never mind. Just stopped into CPW and they said they won't be stocking any of them.

Quite annoyed by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Amazon have the shells, with the message saying something along the lines of will be dispatched in 1 - 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Anyone found a store that sells this yet?

I've confirmed that O2 have no plans to stock it sadly.

Meteor seem to be the only ones that will be stocking it but no dates confirmed yet

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

3 sells these shells by the 3 store.

projectgtr wrote: »
    Haven't seen any might just get her the white one and buy the pink one when launched, least then she can decide over a shell a flip shell or the official case.

When you say the white one you mean the white shell? There is no white phone as far as I know, just the black one with a white case on the back. I know phones4u give a free white case with the phone allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Amazon have the shells, with the message saying something along the lines of will be dispatched in 1 - 2 months.

you got a link?

For the Moto G??? Even though they don't stock it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Come on dude! :pac:

• Advertisement

:D
    When you say the white one you mean the white shell? There is no white phone as far as I know, just the black one with a white case on the back. I know phones4u give a free white case with the phone allright.
    Yeah im talking about the white shell P4U are giving
    Read it twice again out loud ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I really want this phone, looks great. I really Want to get back to Android from my current iphone 5. Was considering either this or the Xperia SP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Amazon are saying the 12th of December.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Amazon are saying the 12th of December.

I noticed that literly 2 minutes ago! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Supposedly there will be a Dual SIM Version in India and Brazil from January.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/dual-sim-motorola-moto-g-appears-at-the-fcc-20-11-2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

From Amazon by email this morning :
    Hello,

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on November 13 2013 (Order #204-2729266-xxxxxxx).

"Moto G 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black"
        Estimated arrival date: December 16 2013 - December 17 2013

For more details, please visit the Your Account section of our web site :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Mark.87

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

Mark.87 wrote: »

that is sold by save4shop. the sold by amazon is 20 pounds cheaper but i think about 1 month wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I ordered an 8GB and a 16GB off amazon. As said up above the 16GB has an estimated delivery date but 8GB doesn't. Starting to get a bit worried about the 8GB not getting here before xmas as its gift. I'm not that far from the boarder so I'm wondering if I should cancel and get one from p4u?

Advertisement