Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Windows Phone to Android Feedback please.

Options
  • 29-11-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I've been using a LG Optimus 7 Windows Phone for the last two years or so and I am now looking for a new phone and so considering a switch to Android.

So it would be great to get some feedback from others who have already made the switch.

I'm specifically thinking about a new Motorola Moto G (probably the 8Gb version) so would be on Android 4.3

I've generally been very happy with WP as an OS it's fluid and apart from some hiccups when I upgraded to WP7.8 it's worked well and has been reliable.

Never really had any problems with random re-boots, freezing or such like.

The main reason I would make the change is due to the general lack of 3rd party apps on WP things like controls for our home burglar alarm are only available for iOS or Android.

It's also a pain that Skype doesn't run in the background on WP7.8 that's not a problem if I go to WP8 as I believe it has a good system for Skype that uses Microsoft's servers which cuts down on data and battery use.

I use my phone for work so it needs to be reliable for calls and email.

Any former Windows phone owners care to comment on how Android compares and if you are happy having made the switch?

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement