Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The dogtags are somewhere around the 437th item on my list of bugs I wish they'd fix :D

And the LAW isn't completely autoaim, and it doesn't have enough wallop for it to be all that horrible. The stinger, on the other hand, seems to have been buffed recently - right when I finally start to use the scout helo the stinger went from unable to knock down a scout after four consecutive hits to being able to destroy it in two. Harumph.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The law only seems to blow feathers at vehicles.

It is annoying when you're getting locked on every half a second though

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The law only seems to blow feathers at vehicles.

It is annoying when you're getting locked on every half a second though
    Its around 21 damage which is enough to make me wonder why should I bother with the RPG or SMAW which mostly only do slightly more damage but take far more aiming leaving you exposed and the LAW has a fast reload too.

Because RPGs and SRAWs are one-shot kills on helos (bar the transport helo, I think), do more splash damage to troops, and have faster reloads and velocities.

And you have to aim, so it makes you feel better when you do hit something :) Thats why I try not use the stinger/igla/javelin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sparks wrote: »
    And the LAW isn't completely autoaim, and it doesn't have enough wallop for it to be all that horrible. The stinger, on the other hand, seems to have been buffed recently - right when I finally start to use the scout helo the stinger went from unable to knock down a scout after four consecutive hits to being able to destroy it in two. Harumph.

I think it got boosted to the same damaged as the Igla, so 55 on a scout or attack. At that point, I don't see why you would bother with the Igla. The 100 extra range isn't worth standing there like a pleb hoping for a hit.

I think it got boosted to the same damaged as the Igla, so 55 on a scout or attack. At that point, I don't see why you would bother with the Igla. The 100 extra range isn't worth standing there like a pleb hoping for a hit.
    Yeah, you just can't use the Ilga on most maps, not without ending up on the wrong end of someone's .50 cal sniper round/knife/C4 youtube trolling video/grenade. If it had double the range or double the hitting power, maybe it'd be worth the risk (it'd be handy to attack the gunship with, since that thing never seems to get within 10 meters of the range of any ground troop's AA), but otherwise, nope.

(it'd be handy to attack the gunship with, since that thing never seems to get within 10 meters of the range of any ground troop's AA), but otherwise, nope.

Only infantry weapon for the gunship is the SMAW. I don't think anything else can hit it, even on a building.

SMAW or SRAW? A SMAW hit at that range, even on the gunship, would be a tad flukey...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

SMAW or SRAW? A SMAW hit at that range, even on the gunship, would be a tad flukey...

Was thinking that alright! would change flukey to nearly impossible.

• Advertisement

Sraw I suppose. Keep getting the two mixed up. Although with near zero drop, it should be possible on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Not really a fan of this no hit markers on hardcore anymore. Only prob for me with the game so far really

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Jaysus there are some self-important, entitled pricks playing this game. Rant over, just had to vent. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

James74 wrote: »
    Jaysus there are some self-important, entitled pricks playing this game. Rant over, just had to vent. That is all.
    I'm a nosey prick....tell me more

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Well this thing happened with yer man, and he says "wat", and I says "eh?", and he says "go on!", and I says "but", and he says "Jaysus!"

You get the idea. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Played a game the other night, unlocked everything for the attack boats. Sweet. Go to set my loadout in Battlelog, nothing has been updated, none of the points applied. The battle log is correct but none of it translated to the game. That is not the first time something like that has happened. So annoying.

Yeah there are defo issues with the armored upgrades. Pain in the swiss roll.

The points for ribbons still aren't being applied.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've leveled up at the end of a round only to have to do it at the start of the next one again due to the points from the ribbons not being applied. I had thought the 2 updates would have sorted this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I decided to switch from COD to BF4 this year.

I cannot believe how utterly broken this game actually is. I cannot really connect to servers, and when I do, most of the time I'm booted just before the game starts or the game freezes during gameplay and returns to the home screen.

I'm hoping someone on adverts is looking to swap this for Ghosts. 65 quid for a broken mess. Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

FutureGuy wrote: »

I cannot believe how utterly broken this game actually is. I cannot really connect to servers, and when I do, most of the time I'm booted just before the game starts or the game freezes during gameplay and returns to the home screen.

I'm hoping someone on adverts is looking to swap this for Ghosts. 65 quid for a broken mess. Christ.

Have to say its stupid that everyone (myself included) all just accept that games are rarely, if ever, released finished. Can you imagine back in ps1 days if a game was released and buggy and glitchy as **** if anyone would ever give it the time to redeem itself? The gaming industry, like most industries, is going downhill in this regards.

However I will say past the game bugging out BF4 is on an entirely different planet of awesome in comparison to Ghosts. I would say you'll regret trading bf4 out because when it starts working in the next couple of weeks (which should have been its ACTUAL release date imo) you'll see why CoD Is effectively dead in the water without a rehaul of the series. (TBH CoD's been fair crap since BO II came out.) Give me MW1,2 and BO any day of the week

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

Can i ask what platform you are playing on? Yes the game is broken but what you are reporting is not the norm.

Have you copied BOTH disks to the hard drive and delete the cache from the save games?

Dawnbreaker as a Map is broken and you should avoid that map but everything else is ok. I only crash on Dawnbreaker but everything else is grand. Not perfect but ok.

BF is still leagues ahead of COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jesus spawning on the US side of metro 64 players is a nightmare if your team doesn't get a foot hold on the B flag.You literally cannot get up the stairs with the amount of grenades and lvgs coming at you.

Whats the story with the MP-APS for the support class.Do you have to be controlling it to work of do you just place it?

vvvvThis yoke!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Missions are annoying, good idea but poorly implemented.

Start mission for top kills, join round kill 2 people round ends. You have 47 hours to beat 2 but it never takes another round score into consideration. So you lose the mission with a score of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

5 fcuking gig download. Thanks DICE - I'll see you all tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Latest patch is meant to be seriously bad. Doesn't fix any of the crashes, crashes are actually more frequent now and all the bugs that were meant to be addressed in this patch have NOT been confirmed by the community.

I mean like for a BF youtuber like JackFrags to release a video on competitive BF and say that due to its instability it's not a runner for competitive gaming.

EA/DICE what the **** are ye doing at all??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

logik wrote: »
    Can i ask what platform you are playing on? Yes the game is broken but what you are reporting is not the norm.

Have you copied BOTH disks to the hard drive and delete the cache from the save games?

Dawnbreaker as a Map is broken and you should avoid that map but everything else is ok. I only crash on Dawnbreaker but everything else is grand. Not perfect but ok.

BF is still leagues ahead of COD.

I am exactly the same... and many more stuff that he doesnt mention. I play on XBOX one, I believe is the same on PS4

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Thought I'd try out the new maps. Spent three rounds being insta killed non-stop so I didn't get much of a chance to see if they're any good. For **** sake I'm getting sick of being instantly killed by the merest hint of a bullet in my direction while my own bullets do **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

5uspect wrote: »
    Thought I'd try out the new maps. Spent three rounds being insta killed non-stop so I didn't get much of a chance to see if they're any good. For **** sake I'm getting sick of being instantly killed by the merest hint of a bullet in my direction while my own bullets do **** all.

What platform are you playing on? I thought the one hit kill was patched on the pc today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What platform are you playing on? I thought the one hit kill was patched on the pc today.

PC. TBH I feel like it's a lottery when ever I fire up BF4. At the weekend I had some great games, but tonight was pure frustration as was the entire week after launch.

I haven't had a game infuriate me as much as this. I've never been a great player but I've always had fun with Battlefield over the years. I'm struggling to find the fun in this game. When it's good it's great but those moments are too rare.

I'm beginning to think I should just give up on it. Maybe this Battlefield isn't for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

whats really beginning to annoy me is that the game doesnt seem to be compatible with any of the admin software most servers seem to be using.

Any server that has an autobalance on it just completely f*cks up at some point and causes the balance go out of control.

This I think is partly caused by players joining on friends cause battlefield itself will try and put them in the same squad if squad joining is left on. Meanwhile the admin program has a freakout cause it's trying to move a player one way and battlefield is trying to move them another, so you'll end up on one team, the balance will be messed up, but if you try to move to the other team it wont let you.

Arrgh so incredibly frustrating, especially on rush maps.

Advertisement