Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Also on the same map , don't linger around in the boat at spawn , guys can take you out from the other spawn in their boat with the TV missile .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

PS3 here;

A lot of freezes, wierd bugs and lag happening over the weekend (wasn't my internet 'cos GTA online worked perfect).

Also I am onto my second Support Class Service Start but can't pick Perimeter Defence of the other second last perk (Anti-Air I think) despite having more than the required points... WTF?

A lot of slow-down on the busy maps and on O. Locker last night I was made invincible for 2 mins until the end of the round but I couldn't kill anyone either as they were invincible to me. Again, WTF?

Later on my controls inverted so that up was up and down was down (I play inverted normally) for a few minutes. ARGH

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

mozattack wrote: »

Also I am onto my second Support Class Service Start but can't pick Perimeter Defence of the other second last perk (Anti-Air I think) despite having more than the required points... WTF?

They were responsible for a lot of crashes, so DICE have turned them off until they figure out a permanent solution.

Client patch can't come soon enough.

Edit: Don't hold your breath for the patch is seems. According to dice they're currently working on patches for PC, PS4 and Xbox 360. It seems ps3 has dropped to the bottom of the pile, maybe we'll get something with the release of china rising, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

12 points for a revive, loads of horse s**t. It aint worth the rish to revive a teammate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I turned my network smoothing factor up to 100 and it fixed my problem. Didn't rubber band or freeze out all weekend. Wasn't on tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

12 points for a revive, loads of horse s**t. It aint worth the rish to revive a teammate.
    Most of the time I refuse revives anyway because the plonker doing the revive is doing this:

:pac:

So, on Celts, [MIKU]AKARI233 loves sitting in the do-not-go area, attacking helos in the other spawn. Can a Celts admin ban the ****er please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

You get more points the longer you charge the paddles for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sparks wrote: »
    Most of the time I refuse revives anyway because the plonker doing the revive is doing this:

:pac:

That made me laugh out loud on tea break in work and people are looking at me funny! :D

There are three whole seasons of that for you to dive into so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I only came across that last week it funnyccause it's so true haha

Really? Class, going to get stuck in tonight so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Last night I pumped about 20 bullets into a guy, with no hit markers appearing and him not dying, I thought 'Must be a friendly'.... Nope, shotgun to the face. Very frustrating. Apart from that I'm happy enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Have it on the 360,

Last night seems to be the worst so far, no hit markers at all so never sure if I was hitting a moving target that wasn't right in front of me.

Counted 70 bullets to kill someone last night from the M249 (I think this may be due to the servers not being region locked so people with high ping rates are dominating)

Having to level up twice constantly so losing out on lots of points.

Players vanishing right in front of me, only to reappear a few seconds later beside me knife in hand.

Oh and my saved game data has corrupted twice now. First time was the Monday after it came out.

All in all very frustrating, the game is just about half finished, thats being generous.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Have it on the 360,

Last night seems to be the worst so far, no hit markers at all so never sure if I was hitting a moving target that wasn't right in front of me.

Counted 70 bullets to kill someone last night from the M249 (I think this may be due to the servers not being region locked so people with high ping rates are dominating)

Having to level up twice constantly so losing out on lots of points.

Players vanishing right in front of me, only to reappear a few seconds later beside me knife in hand.

Oh and my saved game data has corrupted twice now. First time was the Monday after it came out.

All in all very frustrating, the game is just about half finished, thats being generous.

The losing points is related to the Ribbons only. At the end of the game it does not add them to your score so you go backwards. Its a known bug.

What is it with people not spawning into the gunner seat of the attack helo? FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

What is it with people not spawning into the gunner seat of the attack helo? FFS.

I do, but first I watch them to make sure they
    can fly. Other wise, **** em :). Nothing worse than spawning on someone only for them to hit a building! Some people are numbnuts.
    Go to the range and learn how to fly! Ffs
    (not talking about you, just ranting.) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sat in the pilot seat for 15 minutes one night.

Jaysis lads its the fooking attack chopper, it can win a round on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I was having some fun with 5 other guys on an otherwise empty server last night which turned into knife only.
    I think the "press F to counter-knife" is a bit broken as it's ridiculously easy to perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

FCUKIN JOKE
    3 crashes in the one round on shanghai on celts. How the hell have they not sorted that out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Battlelog be down and crashed in a pile of plunder this very morn maties

fergus1001 wrote: »

Its actually updating and maintenance work

fergus1001 wrote: »

281342.png

"Normal"? Er... you mean crashing every two to three rounds? :D

To be fair, the game crashes seem VERY hardware dependent. (Despite only playing at weekends) I only crash about 1 in every 10 games, max. And I have an old AMD Phenom 965 CPU :D

To be fair, the game crashes seem VERY hardware dependent. (Despite only playing at weekends) I only crash about 1 in every 10 games, max. And I have an old AMD Phenom 965 CPU :D

I recon its actually server issues that cause the crash between client and it. My pc is well able there is no way it would be a root cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wish there was some restriction on chopper use. Even if you had to complete a basic 30 minute tutorial before being qualified to fly one in multiplayer. The amount of times I've spawned into, or gotten into a helicopter piloted by someone who appears to have stumbled home after 10 pints down at the local for a game of BF4.....IF YOU CAN'T FLY IT, DON'T EVEN TRY IT! It's one of the worst teamwork offences out there.

They also should introduce role caps as well - certain number of each classes necessary relevant to the numbers playing. Playing on a server last night with 16v16 on Rogue Transmission, to see 4 snipers on our team - 25% of the team - climbing up the large support pole simultaneously.

battser wrote: »
    My pc is well able there is no way it would be a root cause

I'm not saying it won't run it specifically - I'm just saying the crashes are hardware dependent in that people with specific hardware crash more frequently that people with other hardware - whether that hardware is newer or more powerful is irrelevant. This is just a theory though - don't think there has been any proof that crashes are linked to hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

battser wrote: »
    I recon its actually server issues that cause the crash between client and it. My pc is well able there is no way it would be a root cause

It's nothing to do with how good or bad your PC is, being hardware dependant does not equate to being hardware deficient, not sure why some people are taking this meaning.

Before the last update for example, when everyone else was crashing, I played at least 50 games without crashing, and numerous games on Siege of Shanghai with no crashes either, when others were saying it was crashing everytime the tower was brought down, and so on - never once crashed in that scenario for me.

Now with the last update I'm crashing regularly unfortunately.

I wish there was some restriction on chopper use. Even if you had to complete a basic 30 minute tutorial before being qualified to fly one in multiplayer. The amount of times I've spawned into, or gotten into a helicopter piloted by someone who appears to have stumbled home after 10 pints down at the local for a game of BF4.....IF YOU CAN'T FLY IT, DON'T EVEN TRY IT! It's one of the worst teamwork offences out there.
    And having a "licence" would alleviate it but wouldn't stop the instances where the pilot:
    • Actually has had ten pints and is playing anyway
    • Takes a full transport helo up over a roof in Zavod311 then bails out without warning leaving a full helo turn into a slowly descending coffin that lands right in front of two MBTs and a LAV... (and of course, the general case :D )
    • Takes a stray tank round that throws the helo into a solid object
    • And so on...

I mean, last night, I spawn into a transport helo on Shanghai only to find that the pilot had just vanished out the door and I was now sitting in seat 4 with two other surprised-looking folks, the helo was at 12% health thanks to an attack helo pass and everyone was jumping for it. I whip out the repair tool, get us back to 80% health, find I'm alone in the helo and now about 50' off the water, hop into the pilot's seat, stabilise and recover with about 2' to spare, leg it off down past C on the left hand side and arc up and over a roof or two towards B, someone spawns in and we clear a roof of snipers, then someone else spawns in right as we take an ilga round and it throws us into an A/C unit on a rooftop, the chopper flips over and it's falling into an alley so there's no way to recover, the two of us bail out but the new gunner's only just coming out of the spawn blackout and never has a chance.

Now to me, that was a reasonable session as pilot, we saved the helo when the original pilot had thought it unsavable and got three snipers (four if you count the poor surprised sod on the rooftop who had a helo bounce off the roof in front of him and then two chaps with MX-4s riddle him before he got his breath back); but from the point of view of that second gunner, he spawned into a helo that suddenly hit a roof and exploded. NOOB PILOT! was the resounding chat call.

Point is, the licence idea's neat (put a giant flaming hoop on the test range and you have to fly through it three times in a row without crashing to unlock helos) but won't stop the moaning or all the bad experiences.

Now, you fix that stupid spawn blackout and bring back a second or two (at the most) of spawn invulnerability to fix that gameplay bug and you'd do a lot more.

Also, create some way to let transport helos gain XP for pilots. It's been suggested before, to get XP for dropping off people at capture points or the like, and to have unlocks other than paint (countermeasures, for the love of all that's shiny!), and it could be done in a patch...

• Advertisement

R11 Server patch was released today.

Along with a 200MB+ download for PS3 and 360.

Next week we will see PC CLIENT Patch number 2 and the long awaited CLIENT patch for the 360 and PS3.

No day has been confirmed but it will be happening next week. The patches today for the console was to prepare for the CLIENT patch next week and to add some features in for up coming DLC.

Advertisement