Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So the 1.04 Patch is out for the X1 and 360 today then. Hope this helps things. Reading on the BF forums people seem to be saying it has helped quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

logik wrote: »
    So the 1.04 Patch is out for the X1 and 360 today then. Hope this helps things. Reading on the BF forums people seem to be saying it has helped quite a bit.

PS4 = neglected. FUBAR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The red dots are a good example, the best one is "in a battlepack".

I use the normal red dot sight (10 kill required-version) on most weapons. If you get used to a particular sight, they're all equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

mozattack wrote: »
    PS4 = neglected. FUBAR

Has the honeymoon period finished? I'm staying away from BF until they get it sorted. It's seriously poor especially with DICE now cancelling future projects so they can get it working properly. It was enjoyable in patches but now it's getting beyond the joke.

kensutz wrote: »
    Has the honeymoon period finished? I'm staying away from BF until they get it sorted. It's seriously poor especially with DICE now cancelling future projects so they can get it working properly. It was enjoyable in patches but now it's getting beyond the joke.

I had no trouble in the first few days but this week it has been poor and getting unplayable. I am dying so much from lag and glitches, it is unreal. I was thinking, "geez I am crap" and then you move to a smaller player count, the lag lifts and you are downing targets big-time.

I hear a patch is out today and we will see.

Overall, a wow game and worth the problems but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I use the normal red dot sight (10 kill required-version) on most weapons. If you get used to a particular sight, they're all equal.

I think you're grasping at straws. They are clearly not all equal, hence the reasons all pros use the cobra. In a game with such large distances, the less screen that the weapon and sight covers the better it is. And the best sight for most weapons happens to be a battle pack unlock?

Each weapon requires roughly 500 kills to unlock everything. At a current rough count of 120 weapons that have unlocks your looking at 60,000 kills with guns alone. And each "expansion" offers more weapons.

I think they have made their current system deliberately unattainable.

I think you're grasping at straws. They are clearly not all equal, hence the reasons all pros use the cobra. In a game with such large distances, the less screen that the weapon and sight covers the better it is.
    The pros don't play on big maps. They only use the kobra sight because it's "the done thing" IMO. Pro players do not (or at least should not) get themselves into positions/situations which requires them to see a large area of the map in the first place. Like I said, if you get used to a particular sight, there isn't much between them.
    I think they have made their current system deliberately unattainable.

Or maybe they want people to play to game for at least 2-3 years like BF3? If you haven't got everything unlocked in that space of time, then you shouldn't be playing it at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Or maybe they want people to play to game for at least 2-3 years like BF3? If you haven't got everything unlocked in that space of time, then you shouldn't be playing it at all :D
    Or, if put a bit more realistically, their game isn't playable for 2-3 years unless they don't give you what you pay for on day one.

And by going along with that, you're saying that's grand, you didn't really want a good game to start with.

Keep that up and they'll start to release substandard buggy crap instead of polished games and then where would we be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Sparks wrote: »

Keep that up and they'll start to release substandard buggy crap instead of polished games and then where would we be?

Right here :/

Or, if put a bit more realistically, their game isn't playable for 2-3 years unless they don't give you what you pay for on day one.

And by going along with that, you're saying that's grand, you didn't really want a good game to start with.

I'm sorry, I genuinely fail to see the connection between this and what I posted last.

Actually, never mind. I'm just gonna go uninstall my internet. :D

• Advertisement

It's that if you start accepting games stopping you doing what you want to do (despite dropping large chunks of cash for the privilege of being stopped from doing what you want to do), then why would the company ever think that you'd stop paying them money? Even if they push ship dates past the point of realism in order to follow marketing plans that have as much to do with software engineering as the nether regions of a lesser ring-tailed lemur?

End result, you get people working on DLC packs before the core game is fully stablised and the company winds up having to cancel plans so the core can get debugged ...

Point being, ITS A GAME. The idea is it's a FUN USE OF YOUR TIME. You shouldn't have to spend weeks getting 360 kills with the M1014 just to get the taclight so you can use that gun on maps other than grind servers. It's a stupid, wasteful, missing-the-point-of-the-thing-entirely way to write a game - but a fantasticly profitable way to run a games company. Hence EA making money despite being repeatedly, year after year, voted the worst company in America to work for...

Actually blown away with Sparks comments here.

Totally agree with Donkey.

Some think it is fun unlocking attachments, I'd say the majority do. I got nearly 60 master dog tags on weapons on BF3 for the fun of it in the same way I will work through all weapons on BF4. I don't want or need the weapons, guns or attachments from the start, where is the fun in that.

Still struggling to understand the issue in having to unlock attachments!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I don't mind unlocking attachments and stuff like that. Even progressing to get better weapons, more dog tags etc. What bugs me though is that if you play with someone regularly and they get too competitive they start kicking up a fuss if they lose rounds. Some people take the stats too seriously on the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Hence EA making money despite being repeatedly, year after year, voted the worst company in America to work for...

This isn;t true they were voted the worst American Company (Which in itself is a farce) For a gaming publisher, and not a terrible one either, to be voted that ahead of things like Enron who helped bankrupt the country or even any of the top ten worst companies to work for. No the vote goes to a game publisher, because people are flaming that their Servers go down and they rush games. Activision are as bad as them ffs. They've happily released the same game 6 years in a row and charge more for DLC that should be in the final game. every subsequent year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Also disagree with sparks totally. Half the fun in the game is getting the unlocks. Its part of tha game for me ,not an annoyance . The game would get boring for me very quickly if i didnt have things to aim for.
    And i have found that some guns i initially hated i later loved after playing with them for assignments etc.

The game would get boring for me very quickly if i didnt have things to aim for.
    Do you even have that with BF4 though?
    For example, I'm mucking around with running with the M1014 in locker as support at the moment, and while I have the M1014 and the modified choke and various sights that I'm playing with, the one piece of kit I knew I wanted in the setup from the start was the taclight... which is "in a battlepack", but the battlepacks are random. So do I get it from a random promotion battlepack or a per-weapon battlepack or the premium battlepack? Nobody knows, 'cos it's random.

So how do you aim for something that's completely random, and how is it an achievement if you get it when it's just the roll of a (virtual) die?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Keep using it and you will unlock the battlepacks for the 1014 after a certain number of kills and it will be in one of the last ones .

After going through all these threads lad there is a common theme to your posts.
    You dont like anything about BF4, you have almost nothing positive to say about it . So i have to ask why do u keep playing it ?
    Im not trolling u im genuinely curious

Keep using it and you will unlock the battlepacks for the 1014 after a certain number of kills and it will be in one of the last ones .
    That's not an aim! That's playing and waiting to win the lotto :D
    After going through all these threads lad there is a common theme to your posts.
    You dont like anything about BF4, you have almost nothing positive to say about it . So i have to ask why do u keep playing it ?
    Im not trolling u im genuinely curious
    The clue is in the title and first post of this thread :pac: :rolleyes: :D
    (And you obviously haven't read "all these threads")

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just a quick one, I'm coming to battlefield from cod, so I don't understand a lot of the internal systems. I've been playing assault class pretty much full time since I got the game. Now, at the end of a round I don't get any xp from assault rifles. What's the story here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Just a quick one, I'm coming to battlefield from cod, so I don't understand a lot of the internal systems. I've been playing assault class pretty much full time since I got the game. Now, at the end of a round I don't get any xp from assault rifles. What's the story here?

Are you playing like you would cod and just being a lone wolf looking for kills? Battlefield is all about helping your team and going after the objectives, that's where the majority of the xp is.

• Advertisement

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Are you playing like you would cod and just being a lone wolf looking for kills? Battlefield is all about helping your team and going after the objectives, that's where the majority of the xp is.

Nope, ptfo like a boss, healing and reviving teammates, spotting like a champ, hiding to let the squad spawn on me further up the field etc etc. I'm getting good placement on the scoreboard (imo) even though my kills are often outweighed by my deaths.I know how to play, but since game manuals no longer come in the box I thought I'd try and get a few tips on here.

Edit, sorry for multiple posts,and btw, I usually play cod in a team as well so objective play was the name if the game there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

You probably have them all unlocked which is all the xp is for, you need kills with the specific weapon to unlock attachments.

You can unlock more weapons for assault by playing as the other classes, shotguns playing support, carbines playing engineer and semi auto rifles playing recon.
    So for example you can then play assault with the first unlocked shotgun and unlock the rest of them with xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm starting to get very fed up with Americans playing on Euro servers and being virtually unkillable due to lag. Same fella killed me ten times last night I managed to kill him once cos there was 4 of us shooting him, and he still managed to kill two before we got him.

Are you using a carbine maybe? To get unlocks for the assault rifles, you have to specifically use the assault rifle weapons. Playing assault class isn't enough.

Are you using a carbine maybe? To get unlocks for the assault rifles, you have to specifically use the assault rifle weapons. Playing assault class isn't enough.

No I was using a selection of assault rifles such as the scar and the m416. I reckon it's that I have them all unlocked, cheers for the help lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,176 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A weapon I don't use:

The MX4

The Result:

Battlepacks give me 5 unlocks for it.

A weapon I do use:

The P90

The Result:

Battlepacks give 0 unlocks for it.

Yeah, in my more cynical moments, I'd swear BF4 was collecting stats on what I use to be sure I don't accidentally get something useful in those things...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Spear wrote: »
    A weapon I don't use:

The MX4

The Result:

Battlepacks give me 5 unlocks for it.

A weapon I do use:

The P90

The Result:

Battlepacks give 0 unlocks for it.

I'd actually take a look at the way the battlepacks give the equipment. The LSAT, U-100, Type 88, PP-2000, MX-4, CS-LR4, M40A5, AK12C and Scar have about 90% of my non-weapon battlepack unlocks(and none have a weapon battlepack opened). And I'm 63, so there have been quite a few of them. Spot a common theme with all those weapons? No way its random or spread out across the weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Anti air vehicles are way over powered in this I think. Just playing lancam dam and no jet or chopper could make it out of our spawn because they were been destroyed by an enemy sitting in there deployment in an anti air vehicle.

I also find it very difficult to remain in the air for any period in a chopper. There very easy to take down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hareton wrote: »
    Anti air vehicles are way over powered in this I think. Just playing lancam dam and no jet or chopper could make it out of our spawn because they were been destroyed by an enemy sitting in there deployment in an anti air vehicle.

In the Attack choppers take off and get the gunner to fire a Tv missile at him, 2 should do it.

Advertisement