Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seems to be a bug where a headshot = instadeath around 50% of the time, regardless of weapon, distance etc. Annoying and something that's been picked up on by the community.

A headshot is instadeath.....whats wrong with that?

I only play on hardcore servers and a shot is instadeath pretty much all of the time. Battlefield got gay with the normal servers, unload a clip into someone and they turn around and shoot you.......gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Seems to be a bug where a headshot = instadeath around 50% of the time, regardless of weapon, distance etc. Annoying and something that's been picked up on by the community.

pretty sure its not regardless of weapon or distance. it needs to be close by does it not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Dcully wrote: »
    Yet another issue,its gone beyond laughable at this stage.
    Its getting like sim city which has almost completely tarnished the reputation of a once great dev team Maxis thanks to their involvement with EA.

We are seeing it yet again here with BF4 and DICE ,EA pushing the game out the door and DICE openly admitting the game was not ready for release.

Wow sometimes getting shot in the head can kill you with one bullet. Who would have thought it. ****ing gamers man. Wreck my head they do sometimes. (no offence Dcully but come on)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Timmyctc wrote: »
    pretty sure its not regardless of weapon or distance. it needs to be close by does it not

If it's supposed to be realistic headshot = kaput, if you were shot in the face at 1 meter or 20 would you walk away? if people want protection from headshots go play an arcade shooter like halo or what ever the kids are playing :p

And also I hate when you fire a tank shell at someones feet and they live to tell the tale

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ah here lads, if I wanted that much realism when shooting people in the face, I don't think the Gardai would be all that happy about me having firearms licences :D

keep-calm-it-s-just-a-game-12.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

joe123 wrote: »
    Wow sometimes getting shot in the head can kill you with one bullet. Who would have thought it. ****ing gamers man. Wreck my head they do sometimes. (no offence Dcully but come on)

So im wrong to highlight the issue and so are countless well respected youtubers and streamers?
    The point is the max damage to the head as planned by DICE should be 50 which is 25X2 given the damage multiplier they add for a head shot.
    It is clearly not working as intended.

Personally i think a headshot should be instant death on normal or noobcore modes.

The point of the video above is to highlight that its yet another issue with the game that doesnt work.
    I fail to see why im so wrong to agree with them for highlighting it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Dcully wrote: »
    So im wrong to highlight the issue and so are countless well respected youtubers and streamers?
    The point is the max damage to the head as planned by DICE should be 50 which is 25X2 given the damage multiplier they add for a head shot.
    It is clearly not working as intended.

Personally i think a headshot should be instant death on normal or noobcore modes.

The point of the video above is to highlight that its yet another issue with the game that doesnt work.
    I fail to see why im so wrong to agree with them for highlighting it :rolleyes:

Its grand to highlight. Clearly its a bug. A minor one though. If people are complaining "HAX he shot me in the head and i died!" its a minor issue. Whether its intended to only take off as much as two shots to the leg or not. The major issues are the crashes and the lack of ability to squad up along with the lack of a server queue in consoles.

Theres highlighting the issue then theres the implication that its a much larger issue than it actually is. I'd be happy if they fixed 1001 things before they patched this.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its grand to highlight. Clearly its a bug. A minor one though. If people are complaining "HAX he shot me in the head and i died!" its a minor issue. Whether its intended to only take off as much as two shots to the leg or not. The major issues are the crashes and the lack of ability to squad up along with the lack of a server queue in consoles.

Theres highlighting the issue then theres the implication that its a much larger issue than it actually is. I'd be happy if they fixed 1001 things before they patched this.

Agreed, the crashing, the sound bug ,the random blurring are all bigger issues to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

I thought of a fast way of ranking up in this. As is every time you get 100 kills with a weapon you get a service star (worth 2000 xp). My plan is to spend a bit of time with various weapons getting 99 kills, say a dozen weapons. Then turn on my highest boost from the battlepacks, a 200% one. Then spend a round getting the 100th kill with these weapons thus giving me the service star and a 2000 xp bonus plus a 200% increase giving you a total of 6000 xp per weapon for one kill with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I only play on hardcore servers and a shot is instadeath pretty much all of the time. Battlefield got gay with the normal servers, unload a clip into someone and they turn around and shoot you.......gay.

Or you could you know, actually aim and hit them.

The game engine is designed for fun, not realism. If you want realism, I'd expect my character to piss himself every time a tank appears in front of me. Or to cower in fear when pretty much anything opens up on him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What's that? A round where you actually felt your gun fired the same bullets as everyone else? And where you didn't die the second someone looked your direction? You even got a multikill taking out a littlebird with an RPG?

Aren't you due a crash? :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 DTA338

If you are the pilot of a helicopter is it too much to ask that you be able to fly it? Transport helos especially. ''Whats this, I have four other players in my chopper? I think I will fly it into this building.'' Really starting to get on my tits. There is a practice area. Go f*cking practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Bar little episodes of lag, I havent had the sound bug or a crash in over a week now? My only issue is the inbalance in the game, but that should be sorted over patches.

I do wish we had more than the one profile for each class. I find I either play as the air engineer (with repair tool and stingers to ride in helos or fly them); or as the anti-armour engineer with the SRAW and M2. Likewise with recon it's either recon or sniper, with different kit for both. Having more than the one profile for each class would make it less of a hassle swapping stuff in and out in the first few moments of the game while everyone else gets off the loading screen and starts taking flags. Maybe someone will write something that will use the battlelog site to load in new profiles and they'd be picked up by the game?

Or you could you know, actually aim and hit them.

The game engine is designed for fun, not realism. If you want realism, I'd expect my character to piss himself every time a tank appears in front of me. Or to cower in fear when pretty much anything opens up on him.

Ahh yes Aim.....hit ....then watch them run off and regen health on foot or in a vehicle.

Its a video game about a war not a Fairy Simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Play on servers with health regen switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

New R12 patch released today for SERVERS affecting ALL platforms.

R12 Server Update Notes
    -Fixed several of the most commonly occuring server crashes (This should benefit all platforms)
    -Fixed an issue where the cruise missile in Commander Mode was not launching when playing on Paracel Storm
    -Fixed so that a player's skill is no longer negatively affected when playing as Commander
    -Fixed an aircraft IR flares exploit where players could use the flares multiple times before reloading by exiting/re-entering the aircraft
    -Fixed an issue with Ranked servers on Xbox One running with a 1% ticket count
    -Defined a range of 25%-400% for vehicle respawn delays on Ranked servers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ahh yes Aim.....hit ....then watch them run off and regen health on foot or in a vehicle.

Its a video game about a war not a Fairy Simulator.

I'm not exactly sure what your whining about. Hardcore is there, go use it.

I'm getting a little sick of TerrorFirmer, every bloody game on the Gaillords server he joins my squad.

logik wrote: »
    -Defined a range of 25%-400% for vehicle respawn delays on Ranked servers
    Oh poop, no more instant vehicle respawn (which sucks for real games but is damn handy for grind servers to unlock vehicles).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sparks wrote: »
    Oh poop, no more instant vehicle respawn (which sucks for real games but is damn handy for grind servers to unlock vehicles).

True mate, should not affect me too much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Sparks wrote: »

Delighted with this, I hate instant re spawn vehicles

Yeah, I have the scout helo fully unlocked, but most of the rest of the vehicles, I'm not even close to yet (I just don't dig the vehicles as much as the infantry and aerial stuff). It's one of the things I don't like about this game - the infantry weapons are sufficiently well balanced that the ones you start out with, in their starting configuration with nothing unlocked, are not massively overpowered by the ones you unlock later, so you can compete from day one. In the vehicles though, that balance just isn't there - you go up in (say) a base level scout helo against another scout helo with all the unlocks (30mm cannon, heatseekers, ecm jammers, etc) and you're just toast even with equal skill levels. Because of that, the grind servers do meet a real need...

ktulu123 wrote: »

In an actual game, sure. But in a grind server where you're just trying to unlock stuff to use in actual games?

(BTW, doesn't it strike anyone that this is a horrible broken model of how to run a game? I shouldn't need to put in a dozen hours playing not-real games to unlock stuff I paid for so that I can go play a real game with a fair chance of winning a skirmish! :mad: ).

ktulu123 wrote: »

Agreed , although my clans server have a fast respawn rate im not a fan of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

the worst is the stealth jets..trying to unclock upto the 30mm cannon is painful to say the least.
    I drove one of those powerboards for the first time yesterday..had a 200% xp booster...every time Igot a kill I unlocked something..by the end of the round I had unlocked all bar the tv missile which is fúcking redonkolous..if that was the stealth jet I would't have earned enough points to unlock anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Blazer wrote: »
    the worst is the stealth jets..trying to unclock upto the 30mm cannon is painful to say the least.
    I drove one of those powerboards for the first time yesterday..had a 200% xp booster...every time Igot a kill I unlocked something..by the end of the round I had unlocked all bar the tv missile which is fúcking redonkolous..if that was the stealth jet I would't have earned enough points to unlock anything

Just kill the ac 130 when its up that's how I unlocked everything for them easy points because otherwise compared to attack jets they are hopeless.
    They should easily run rings around the attack jets and helis but no they have the same speed and manuverability as the attack jets so are pointless especially on dawnbreaker.
    Attck jets should be ground focused and not have air to air except for the cannon.

Hopefully when China Rising brings back the air superiority mode, we'll see them buffed a little and get grind servers to level them up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Anyone else find it hard to connect to some servers ? servers that you have been on before but then it Just says " Game disconnected: could not join server ".

It's happening to me now with 1st Para server trying to join one of my mates playing there .

jonski wrote: »
    Anyone else find it hard to connect to some servers ? servers that you have been on before but then it Just says " Game disconnected: could not join server ".

It's happening to me now with 1st Para server trying to join one of my mates playing there .

They have reserved slots and you cant join them, it needs to be under the threshold for you to get on.

Usually when its 62/64 you get issues. Fair few servers i get that on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

What moron decided to have your minor dogtag cover most of the major one, whats the point in that!?

The LAW is a complete joke too, that should be at the end of the unlock ladder not given out to every newb who needs it to aim for them.

Advertisement