Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

logik wrote: »
    Along with a 200MB+ download for PS3 and 360.

Nope, xbox only. PS4 taking precedence over PS3 now, just as XB1 will when it's released. Not holding my breath for current gen patches anytime soon unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Official Announcement:

Update #16 (Nov 21-2)
    X360 Game Update Live
    We released a new game update for Battlefield 4 on X360 today (nov 21). When you start up your game, you should get a notification asking if you want to take the update. Clocking in at ~260MB, this Multiplayer Update has a few stability improvements and crash fixes, coupled with miscellaneous minor tweaks. We will get back to you later with a more detailed patch note for this update. In the meantime, let us know in the comments how this update is working for you.

We will continue to update the game on all platforms to increase stability. Stay tuned for more information as we have it.

All user feedback on the BF forums indicate that this patch did nothing, game is the same as yesterday.

Oh and check this out, EA are in trouble...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-21-stock-ticker-why-eas-market-valuation-has-crashed

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Old article, the stock price drop shown has recovered since. EA's actually doing quite well with strong Q2 profits this year. Although I believe they won't end the year quite as strongly as predicted due to lower than predicted BF4 sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Old article, the stock price drop shown has recovered since. EA's actually doing quite well with strong Q2 profits this year. Although I believe they won't end the year quite as strongly as predicted due to lower than predicted BF4 sales.

Sorry, I somehow posted the wrong link.
    Here is the correct one.

http://www.hardwarepal.com/ea-stocks-nosedive-due-battlefield-4-sales-decrease/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

This is doing my head in.

I keep getting the message to update the browser plugin(IE11)
    I download it,install it and then the next time I try to play I get the same message.Its a continuing loop.

Im not mad about Chrome but its the only way I can get a game in!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Firefox did something similar due the recent addition of plugin unloading system. I don't think IE has something similar.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still fcuking crashing, what an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have never had as many crashes as I have had tonight, 5 games 4 crashes, black screen flashing cursor and back to desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

unplayable for me tonight, didnt complete a round and gave up.

KD went from 1.25 to 1.24 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Played from 9:30 until 12 o clock and not one crash

What was with the extra bonus tonight at the end of each round ?

The last round I played netted me just shy of 100,000 points :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    KD went from 1.25 to 1.24 :(

Is that all, on HC servers? Should be multiples?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Gotta say, I love emptying a whole clip into someones back only for them to turn around and kill me no bother with a couple of bullets. Then I die and see they have 100 health. Delightful

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

See, there's the problem, you're shooting them in the back. Why aren't you knifing them in the back instead? :D
    Hit detect this, *expletive deleted* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Things got messy last night :cool:

Crashes every game, same thing this morning.

It was fine for me for the last week or 2 but its a mess......again.

GET YOUR **** TOGETHER!!!

TheFairy wrote: »
    Is that all, on HC servers? Should be multiples?

:p

I PTFO :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I PTFO :p

dFCYEBl.jpg

Yet another issue,its gone beyond laughable at this stage.
    Its getting like sim city which has almost completely tarnished the reputation of a once great dev team Maxis thanks to their involvement with EA.

We are seeing it yet again here with BF4 and DICE ,EA pushing the game out the door and DICE openly admitting the game was not ready for release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ah here. Its not like the Sim City debacle whatsoever. And I wouldnt go as far as saying Maxis' name is tarnished. Sure don't they still sell tonnes of Sim dlc Shíte :pac: The game is unfinished. Sadly loads of games released nowadays are unfinished. Consoles released are unfinished. Deadlines are valued over quality. That above issue is minor imo in comparison to the lack of a server queue or ability to squad up in the main menu, in a game aimed at those who value teamwork and communication. A bug where you might die from being shot in the head (fair fatal imo) is somewhat medicore.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Ah here. Its not like the Sim City debacle whatsoever. And I wouldnt go as far as saying Maxis' name is tarnished. Sure don't they still sell tonnes of Sim dlc Shíte :pac: The game is unfinished. Sadly loads of games released nowadays are unfinished. Consoles released are unfinished. Deadlines are valued over quality. That above issue is minor imo in comparison to the lack of a server queue or ability to squad up in the main menu, in a game aimed at those who value teamwork and communication. A bug where you might die from being shot in the head (fair fatal imo) is somewhat medicore.

maxis is well and truely tarnished, go check out how bad the sim city expansion is doing.
    Granted as you say its not as bad as the sim city debacle but the state this game was released in is a joke.

I dont see the issue in the video a minor issue at all, its a multiplayer game ofcourse a 1 shot kill bug is a big issue,how can it not be?
    Add that issue to the many others and it paints a pretty damning picture does it not?
    btw there is a server queue.

So the method to how players kill/die in a multiplayer game which essentially is about killing your opponents is a minor issue? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Dcully wrote: »
    maxis is well and truely tarnished, go check out how bad the sim city expansion is doing.
    Granted as you say its not as bad as the sim city debacle but the state this game was released in is a joke.

I dont see the issue in the video a minor issue at all, its a multiplayer game ofcourse a 1 shot kill bug is a big issue,how can it not be?
    Add that issue to the many others and it paints a pretty damning picture does it not?
    btw there is a server queue.

So the method to how players kill/die in a multiplayer game which essentially is about killing your opponents is a minor issue? :eek:

I said the Sims dlc not Sim City. I consider that Sim City to be a write off altogether. I'd still play their Sims series.
    No Server queue on Console. I consider that a bug sometimes causes people to die from headshots from <8 yards away to be minor. I never understood why players survived 2-3 headshots anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I said the Sims dlc not Sim City. I consider that Sim City to be a write off altogether. I'd still play their Sims series.
    No Server queue on Console. I consider that a bug sometimes causes people to die from headshots from <8 yards away to be minor. I never understood why players survived 2-3 headshots anyways.

Head shot = brown bread

End of line, finito, kaput, ostalavista baby

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

being killed by an AA vehicle while on foot is infuriating. They should patch it so the cannon isnt able to lower to an infantry angle, if that makes sense :confused:

being killed by an AA vehicle while on foot is infuriating. They should patch it so the cannon isnt able to lower to an infantry angle, if that makes sense :confused:

I would just drive onto an angle to get it to point down.

Love mowing me down some infantry with the 30mm cannons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Then we'd just run up to it and C4/M2 it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

It can still move, I'd just run you over. Always funny getting roadkills in something so slow as that.

Also the AA gun takes AGES to kill infantry with the normal cannons, it's quite easy to avoid.
    Normal cannons - Air vehicles= shreds, infantry=blows feathers at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, I am not going even talk about crashes. I am taking them as part of the Experience playing BF4. Its like having those War-shock Moments, where soldiers going in to panic and brain crash.

The other thing really starts to get on my tits. Is there some increase in server lag or net code became even worse lately? I am getting shot all eveninging half a second. Some huge ranges and I get a few hits at enemy witm LMG and then bang - I am dead, shot by assault rifle, as like in one shot or something....

Now is it me, or BF4 is already in that stage where people became way too awesome and wipe the floors by casuals like me? I am getting completely ass raped. I cant even get positive scores. I was hoping I will be able to play at least few months before I get team Tea-bagged in each match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

One omission that bugs me a little, is that a lot of the game is treated too seriously by Dice. In BC2 I could unlock a Garand and Thompson, like the good ol' days of 1942, and I preceded to teach a lot of people what classic weapon like the Garand can do. But there's no lighter or human touch like that present currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spear wrote: »
    One omission that bugs me a little, is that a lot of the game is treated too seriously by Dice. In BC2 I could unlock a Garand and Thompson, like the good ol' days of 1942, and I preceded to teach a lot of people what classic weapon like the Garand can do. But there's no lighter or human touch like that present currently.

Ah man, I remember Thompson! That was such an Awesome touch by dice. I am not even talking about awesome Vietnam. :( I wish they would bring some Classic AK, Thompson, Classic M14 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Ran into the #1 highest scoring player on BF3 (360)on this last night. Playing conquest on Lancang Dam, got his tags yeahhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The other thing really starts to get on my tits. Is there some increase in server lag or net code became even worse lately? I am getting shot all eveninging half a second. Some huge ranges and I get a few hits at enemy witm LMG and then bang - I am dead, shot by assault rifle, as like in one shot or something....

Seems to be a bug where a headshot = instadeath around 50% of the time, regardless of weapon, distance etc. Annoying and something that's been picked up on by the community.

Advertisement