Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

i started in pandaria but followed the game since bc. I taught pandaria was ok but i think wod is miles better. It helps that i got to start wod form the start of the expansion but it mop i joined in 5.2 and did not raid until very late in 5.4 even at that i was raiding flex

Hopefully i can continue through content. Would love to be able to raid current content this time.

Its never hard to stay at current content as long as your active :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Levelling a Warrior at the moment. Awaiting the DPS buff they're well overdue with great anticipation! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Levelling a Warrior at the moment. Awaiting the DPS buff they're well overdue with great anticipation! :D

Warriors are an awful amount of fun to level :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I also started a Warrior last night. Bought the last two heirlooms that i needed (guild ones), so have the full xp boost...by god you level fast. Looking forward to getting into tanking again, though i plan on switching it up a bit to avoid burnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

copeyhagen wrote: »
    I got it for 34e from one of them cd key online shops.

i stopped playing just after cata launched, was a **** expansion ofter wrath. omfg how bad was pandaria, what a load of ****, how did people stick around for that **** for years.

wod on the other hand has so many good features, no surprises a lot of people are coming back.

pandaria was so bad. it actually makes me angry to think about it. I'm leveling an alt there at the moment. as soon as you step foot in there it doesn't feel like wow at all. kung fu pandas that actually started as a joke. kicking rabbits around turnip fields and clichéd Asian theme to try and grow the market amongst children and china. awful grindy questing, way too few dungeons. horrible looking gear. almost killed the game tbh.

really looking forward to wod. should hit draenor for first time this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Dont forget when you do hit wod if you want to level fast check out your garrision the vendor in there sells 20% buff xp potion for one hour for 100 garrision resources it helps big time leveled a pally from 90-100 ina day

Really? Bah, didn't realise that. Will definitely help with that. I'm guessing it's soulbound? Would be nice to send that to an alt and power level through 80-90.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Kiith wrote: »
    Really? Bah, didn't realise that. Will definitely help with that. I'm guessing it's soulbound? Would be nice to send that to an alt and power level through 80-90.

Im pretty sure its account bound, It costs 200 garrison resources from the inn keeper in your keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Does it persist through death is the question? i am on a realm where dying to the enemy is a hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Its 100 garrison points and persists through death, and timer is inactive while your logged out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Also grab a War Mill as soon as you can. It increase your chance to proc higher quality quest rewards. I have a guildy who managed to hit 100 with an ilvl high enough to start heroics, just from questing away,

Anyone notice the arrakoanin ashram selling bonus roll tokens for honor and other currencies .

Loving the fact they introduced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Calhoun wrote: »
    Anyone notice the arrakoanin ashram selling bonus roll tokens for honor and other currencies .

Loving the fact they introduced it.

With the removal of currencies like justice and valor, this is the new way to earn bonus rolls.

A level 3 Drawven bunker will provide one a week.
    1000 Apex crystals, 500gold or something conquest points will get your another roll.

Depending on how you buy a bonus roll, the price doubles if you use the same currency type again.

So for example if you buy all with gold, to buy bonus rolls its like 500g, 1000g, 2000g.

Personally I buy one with gold, one with Apex ( My lock doesn't use apex gear but i do dailies to get bonus rolls) and then I get one from my bunker.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Also grab a War Mill as soon as you can. It increase your chance to proc higher quality quest rewards. I have a guildy who managed to hit 100 with an ilvl high enough to start heroics, just from questing away,

Yup same happened to me on my alt, proc'd a few epic 640 ilvl items while levelling 98+.

You have a chance to proc increased ilvl gear from quest rewards anyway, but this greatly improves that roll chance.

I'd recommend it as above, for levelling. My alt was able to go into heroics nearly straight away.

An Inn is also a good shout, as it provides daily dungeon quests that can provide chests that have a chance to provide TWO pieces of 630 ilvl gear.

Although now that I'mm at raid level I've dropped the Inn from my garrison and brought back my lumber mill.

killanena wrote: »
    Im pretty sure its account bound, It costs 200 garrison resources from the inn keeper in your keep.

I believe they are only soulbound,so you cant mail them to another character. Tried this as I've an overflow of resources on my main with nothing to spend on.

Make sure if levelling you have the addon hanynotes, and the draenor extension, so your map is filled with all the tresures. This greatly ramps up your garrison resources while levelling.

You want to ensure you have 2000 for when you ding 100 so you can get a level 3 garrison immediately, but you should have plenty of resources to buy potions.

Utilising potions and collecting treasures(they provide xp) its totally viable to go 90-100 in about 6 hours. My alt took 7 hours to level 90-100, which is brilliant.

I have a gladiator sanctum with over 1K bones that grows daily so i just use that as it auto generates honor and with the new gearing system i have nothin else to spend it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

So i got the 10 day trial on warlords..

was expecting it to be more of the same crap that pandaria was, and was also expecting to be bored mindless by the endless grind to 100.

So, a week later i've bought WoD, resubbed and loving it :D

It's actually hard to believe they've changed the game so much for the better since MoP.

Really surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I have a gladiator sanctum with over 1K bones that grows daily so i just use that as it auto generates honor and with the new gearing system i have nothin else to spend it on.

Im the same, shame the gear is mostly the ilvl 600 crap from bones. Nice for DEing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

started wod today with my brand new priest (non boosted, leveled the old way!). it's like a whole new game, questing is actually fun for the first time ever, and i actually want to explore zones now rather than ploughing through them. thought i'd hate the garrison but it's pretty cool, so much things to do when it's built up. ashran seems like the place to hang out, never seen a city so full.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Make sure if levelling you have the addon hanynotes, and the draenor extension, so your map is filled with all the tresures. This greatly ramps up your garrison resources while levelling.

Don't do this if you are even slightly OCD, you wont ever leave the first zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

deffo getting that mod tonight

Don't do this if you are even slightly OCD, you wont ever leave the first zone.
    Are there really that many?

And I'm gonna see how quickly i can get my Rogue to 100 this way. I'm guessing you'll not get any Garrison followers if you level like this though.

And I'm gonna see how quickly i can get my Rogue to 100 this way. I'm guessing you'll not get any Garrison followers if you level like this though.

It's not a way to level, it suppliments your levelling.

Like some people wasting so much time thinking they could level that way and simply put it takes too long and there isnt enough treasures to get you 100.

What I do is while I'm questing if I see something within distance, I go get it.

Most treasures, rares and stuff give the equivalant to a quest in that zone. So for example you might be doing a quest in Shadowmoon valley, and pickup three treasures while doing the quest. Thats three bonus quests for a few seconds work.

Also take note of bonus objectives. They come on the map when you get near them, and they provide 70k xp. There is usually 3-5 per zone nd they seriously boost your XP and reduce the time required to level.

Try align having an xp pot while doing these and you will fly up.

Gorgrond is a zone that provides more XP per quest then anywhere else. I'd recommend having a pot going at all times in this zone, and youll go from like 92-95 in 60 mins. Atleast I did. I spent my first pot running around doing all bonus objectives and second pot questing and got three levels in just over an hour.

I tend to level fast though as I hate levelling. WoD is a much more enjoyable experience, because there is treasures and bonus objs to speed it up, coupled with a pot its great.

Plan to do another alt over the weekend. My first alt (DK) was 100 in about 8 hours, but I slacked off doing dungeons and stuff.

I figure I can probably get 100 in about 6 hours tops now, using pots.

I'm thinking i'll do Frostfire Ridge completely, as Shadowmoon was great from a story point of view and i'm hoping the Horde zone is as well. I'll get the treasures/rares while doing that. Don't fancy doing the next two zones again though, so hopefully with the rares and rested XP, i'll be able to jump to Spires pretty quick.

Regarding the XP pot, can you get that as soon as you get your Garrison, or is it at lvl2 (or require a specific building)?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Started doing arenas today as MW Monk. I was playing 2v2 with a mage. Having good fun so far but dks are a problem. So are Balance druids and re paladins

Mw got needed hard , how you finding it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Coming back from a hiatus, I'm rather taking a more leisured approach to leveling. Part of the experience is battling the mobs and working one's way through the dungeons. Finally ready to move onto the Panda's levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

What can you do with honor points once you have all the armour? I handed 500 in for a seal too but Im wondering what else I can spend them on instead of just getting dust from disenchanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

mw is fun. but it is **** compared to hybrids such as ret pallys,boomkins

Getting out healed by a dps in arena is not fun and should not happen

• Advertisement

Not leveling this way but the map with handy notes gets full.

Advertisement