Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Clearly a better DPS than healer so cause you never topped the healing meter :pac:

We were the healing dream team mate and you know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can anyone give me a hand here:

Method Holy Paladin 652 equipped Ilvl: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Berrek/advanced

Me Holy Paladin 641 equipped Ilvl: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Mindtrap/advanced

Yet the majority of my stats are better ? Doesn't make much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Can anyone give me a hand here:

Method Holy Paladin 652 equipped Ilvl: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Berrek/advanced

Me Holy Paladin 641 equipped Ilvl: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Mindtrap/advanced

Yet the majority of my stats are better ? Doesn't make much sense.

Blizzard have even mentioned this issue. Its due to randomize stats, Just because you have a higher item level now doesn't mean you have better stats. Its a bit confusing to be honest but secondary stats acutally matter more now then your primary stat.

So in my case as a ret paladin, I want mastery and multistrike over strength unless the strength bonus is substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

killanena wrote: »
    Blizzard have even mentioned this issue. Its due to randomize stats, Just because you have a higher item level now doesn't mean you have better stats. Its a bit confusing to be honest but secondary stats acutally matter more now then your primary stat.

So in my case as a ret paladin, I want mastery and multistrike over strength unless the strength bonus is substantial.

So although his Ilvl is blitzing mine, my character should do better heals due to the stats.

Holy is Int>Crit>Multi. Trying to get Multi/Crit together is a nightmare. Bought that belt for a steal of a price and it's BIS even better than Foundry because of the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bracenspore down! What a lovely fight! The flamethrower mechanic rocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

These guys are easily the best thing about WOD. I laugh my a$$ off every time I fight them. The yell is so funny.

Love_zps06310f8a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Guild run last night..only 2 hours of raiding time..one shotted kargath and the butcher..tectus we wiped 3 times due to unlucky mountains being dropped on us!
    but we got him down in our famous last try!..managed to rank twice with my lazor chicken on wol..so all and all a good night

What did you do for Tectus? We keep wiping during the first phase of the four Motes. Sometimes we'll get one or two down but never the four.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

killanena wrote: »

Assume that is just a Paladin specific comment? Otherwise it's very misleading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Bracenspore down! What a lovely fight! The flamethrower mechanic rocks!

We came back for a second round last night on Brackenspore after having a bad set of wipes on him Wednesday. We wiped a fair bit but then managed to get some familiarity going. We had a 4% wipe before Moss just got wild and he healed up, but a few attempts later downed him.

First time since like WOTLK I can remember a raid screaming like that, and only on a normal boss :D

I can see why many groups are skipping him going straight to Tec. He can be heavy RNG depending on where the shrooms spawn. Our kill, we got three cycles where living and rejuv shrooms spawned nearly on top of each other making it easy.

A lot of attempts rejuv and living were spawning opposite ends of the room :(

Really good, enjoyable, challenging fight though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

FROM THE BLIZZARD DEV AMA ON REDDIT

Raist14 asks: Is Grom the last boss or is there a surprize? There will be a surprise by Tom

ULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

TheDoc wrote: »
    Assume that is just a Paladin specific comment? Otherwise it's very misleading :D

Second part is but the part about items having better stats for your class but lower item level is true.

An example would be a helm dropping for me that is ilvl 655 and has crit and versatility. Both very low priority stats for my class (paladin) and the helm I am wearing is only ilvl 630 but has mastery and multi strike which are high priority stats for my class.

Randomize stats just make this worse in my opinion. I do daily challenge modes and have yet to get a piece of ilvl 640 loot that replaces my heroic gear simply due to ****ty stats :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

FROM THE BLIZZARD DEV AMA ON REDDIT

Raist14 asks: Is Grom the last boss or is there a surprize? There will be a surprise by Tom

ULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Don't think anyone expects it to end with grom.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Don't think anyone expects it to end with grom.

I heard we're going to Shattrath. Take the fight to the deamons!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

ughh so addicted got my warrior to 100 today leveled him with fury spec, havent touched a dungeon with him at all must get all followers gotta..catch...them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I feel the Burning Legion will play a big part towards the end of the expansion. Was Kil'jaeden actually killed at the Sunwell? Never actually did that raid. Could make an appearance in Draenor. But i feel its still to early for Sargeras to show his face, he is pretty much the final boss of Warcraft.

No he wasnt, he was cast back into the nether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Wouldnt Draenor KJ be a different KJ anyway? Theres a toy which shows him talking to Archimonde too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

bought expansion when my hunter dinged 90. used my free boost to boost a druid as never played one, guardian is so much fun.. garrisons look cool too..

Wouldnt Draenor KJ be a different KJ anyway? Theres a toy which shows him talking to Archimonde too.

Hard to tell, they have screwed up the timeline so badly. I think sargeras would be the same as hes supposed to exist in all realities not sure about these two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

We haven't touched Sargeras yet in any continuity (and he's a freakin' Titan anyway :P).

However, both of Velen's big bros will be out for blood, as the timeline leading up to Archimonde's Defeat has been rewritten (in fact, if Garrosh succeeds he will have rewritten the entire Warcraft timeline from back to front!) and the Legion is being smack-talked by a bunch of green-skinned primitives simply because they were given some shiny engineering blueprints by a deranged megalomaniacal time-traveller. While the last part of that sentence should cause the average dreadlord a great deal of mirth, the vast interdimensional invasion force has never dealt well with rejection and there's no wrath like a Legion scorned... and we all know how Velen's bros always inevitably become our problem regardless of anything else :p

Solitaire wrote: »
    We haven't touched Sargeras yet in any continuity (and he's a freakin' Titan anyway :P).

However, both of Velen's big bros will be out for blood, as the timeline leading up to Archimonde's Defeat has been rewritten (in fact, if Garrosh succeeds he will have rewritten the entire Warcraft timeline from back to front!) and the Legion is being smack-talked by a bunch of green-skinned primitives simply because they were given some shiny engineering blueprints by a deranged megalomaniacal time-traveller. While the last part of that sentence should cause the average dreadlord a great deal of mirth, the vast interdimensional invasion force has never dealt well with rejection and there's no wrath like a Legion scorned... and we all know how Velen's bros always inevitably become our problem regardless of anything else :p

Well the whole Medivh link ect has been expanded but we have only really touched his avatar.

The timeline wont be re-written as this is the AU universe, the AU timeline yes but this isn't necessarily a set back for them as yes the orcs didnt drink maneroths blood but at the same time Velen is dead and the orcs like it or not are fighting the draenai.

The question remains if the legion still sees the potential in controlling the orcs or if they will skip that part. There is also the whole green dragon fight aspect to this storyline that has to be explored. Garrosh was a tool by wraithon and kairoz. There is something much bigger going on here than just magical time travelling orcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

What are the chances of WoD coming down in price over xmas? i think anything over 30€ is too expensive for an expansion with a subscription

I would say slim to none but i could be wrong they normally dont discount their new expacs for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

I got it for 34e from one of them cd key online shops.

i stopped playing just after cata launched, was a **** expansion ofter wrath. omfg how bad was pandaria, what a load of ****, how did people stick around for that **** for years.

wod on the other hand has so many good features, no surprises a lot of people are coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

copeyhagen wrote: »
    I got it for 34e from one of them cd key online shops.

i stopped playing just after cata launched, was a **** expansion ofter wrath. omfg how bad was pandaria, what a load of ****, how did people stick around for that **** for years.

wod on the other hand has so many good features, no surprises a lot of people are coming back.

WOD is a return to form, partly because i think the sense of community is coming back with the removal of flying in the world.

Vicxas wrote: »
    WOD is a return to form, partly because i think the sense of community is coming back with the removal of flying in the world.

WoD, if anything, is a casual-TBC experience. It's good, not great or trend-setting, but ten times what Pandaria/Cataclysm offered.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    WoD, if anything, is a casual-TBC experience. It's good, not great or trend-setting, but ten times what Pandaria/Cataclysm offered.

It has to be more casual than tbc but it also has the hardcore folk need. The fall of wild star showed one thing and that is the mmo player base has grown up and even thought they want hard that doesn't mean grind.

They also aren't trend-setters but they have done allot of the updates to a fine polish. The game will never be as good as the misty eyed rose tinted folk remember but it's the best mmo out their for a very good reason.

Calhoun wrote: »
    It has to be more casual than tbc but it also has the hardcore folk need. The fall of wild star showed one thing and that is the mmo player base has grown up and even thought they want hard that doesn't mean grind.

They also aren't trend-setters but they have done allot of the updates to a fine polish. The game will never be as good as the misty eyed rose tinted folk remember but it's the best mmo out their for a very good reason.

Yup, it's still the king of the MMO. Wildstar missed it's chance by not offering enough content at low levels. I always maintain this is why WoW succeeded early on in its career.

You have a new dungeon available every 5/10 levels, in various zones across the world. There's always a new thing to aim for with your character. As soon as you have to rely on farming the same content while levelling up, you're gonna' lose interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

i started in pandaria but followed the game since bc. I taught pandaria was ok but i think wod is miles better. It helps that i got to start wod form the start of the expansion but it mop i joined in 5.2 and did not raid until very late in 5.4 even at that i was raiding flex

Hopefully i can continue through content. Would love to be able to raid current content this time.

Advertisement