Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Poor raid leading is normally the crux of all these kind of issues, its a pity as the guild will either get sick of raiding due to constant wipes ect and stop or eventually drop your man but could be too late by then as everyone good has left.

I assume the healers are also taking allot of flak from this as normally the buddies dont turn on each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've been listening to the raid on TS even though I'm not in them....and you are basically right. It was several weeks of angry frustration and the blame game for wipes. But the same group kept going so I don't know what they expected to happen.

It's been a month now though so progress was inevitable. One of the tanks is good and a few of the dps are excellent so it pulled the group through eventually. Even the derps have begun to gear up merely by the process of being in the raid when bosses go down. Yesterday they made some progress and are up to 6/7 HC. I just know we would have hit that 2 weeks ago if myself and a few others had been involved instead.

That's the way it goes though. Nothing I can do about it except leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Started to level my Shaman today (I had played MoP as Resto) and I'm really enjoying it. Even Elemental seems fun. Nice break from the Warlock too, which even SimCraft has doing ****e DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Just got 3/7 on norm with a pug.

Was 635 as a fury warrior.

Unfortunately i joined after the first two bosses were down but we did up until the second last boss as the others gave up.
    PUSSIES

I just want to down the bosses don't care about the loot.

Was really fun to get to raid though.

*Edit 5/7 now and got new boots

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Yesilift/simple

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Big Whiskey

EDIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Finally got to do MC today. It was like pulling 40 teeth from your ass.

I can see why they got rid of them. LFR version was a joke.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Finally got to do MC today. It was like pulling 40 teeth from your ass.

I can see why they got rid of them. LFR version was a joke.

Got rid of what? And I hear you did mine 3 days ago .

40 man should never be a thing again. Too painfull

The more I play the more I resent the new RNG loot statistics, the time-locked professions and the poor loot drops in Highmaul.

Thems the breaks in an mmo, have to give you a reason to log in weekly.

• Advertisement

Have my first guild raid today. Normal Highmaul. Starting at 8. Will let you guys know how it goes.

So the raid ended up going great. We went 6/7 normal and 5/7 heroic. Got a heroic chest from it. Think we are doing more tomorrow or next week. It was brilliant fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Thinking of taking a break when my time ends in 3 days. I can get through the weekly stuff in a day or 2 and I'm left with trying to fill in time for the rest.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Got rid of what? And I hear you did mine 3 days ago .

Did yours?

Also, ran LFR Highmaul yesterday and cleared it with no problems...

Is it me or is LFR just stupidly easy now since they nerfed HP in the last patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

LFR has always been stupidly easy, you dont really need to pay attention at all in those raids

Granted they were easy, but these days its literally "don't stand in the **** and pew pew".

No skill required at all.

Did yours?

Also, ran LFR Highmaul yesterday and cleared it with no problems...

Is it me or is LFR just stupidly easy now since they nerfed HP in the last patch?

Sorry missed a comma meant to say I hear you, I did lfr 3 days before you did so can feel the pain.

Lfr along with everything else was reset, lfr= super easy, normal= flex, hc=normal, and mytic=hc.

LFR in mop was harder than it is now. Fact

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Granted they were easy, but these days its literally "don't stand in the **** and pew pew".

No skill required at all.

WoD has been intentionally dumbed down to the barebones to reveal what its original intention was, to simply show casual players/non pve players raid content.

There was a dev chat a while ago where they were asked was LFR intentionally easier? They confirmed it was so. That having witnessed an entire expansion of LFR they saw how infuriating players get in there, and how incoherant it is, so the fights will be just tank and spank with little to no mechanics, and just an opportunity for players to see the content.

Personally I'm annoyed that legendary stones and augment runes drop there. I was hoping to entirely avoid it this expansion, but have to go in there. On the plus side, its so easy, I havn't got the rage once.

Guild I'm raiding with got Butcher heroic down last night which was nice. It's pretty casual raiding this tier, and not sure it will get better for the expansion, but enjoying the easy pace and the gentle progress. Raid times are nice aswell so not too many complaints.

Butcher was pretty cool, we hit beserk at a few percent three times before killing him. Nice to have those kinda " YES" moments again thats been missing for so long.

TheDoc wrote: »
    WoD has been intentionally dumbed down to the barebones to reveal what its original intention was, to simply show casual players/non pve players raid content.

There was a dev chat a while ago where they were asked was LFR intentionally easier? They confirmed it was so. That having witnessed an entire expansion of LFR they saw how infuriating players get in there, and how incoherant it is, so the fights will be just tank and spank with little to no mechanics, and just an opportunity for players to see the content.

Personally I'm annoyed that legendary stones and augment runes drop there. I was hoping to entirely avoid it this expansion, but have to go in there. On the plus side, its so easy, I havn't got the rage once.

Guild I'm raiding with got Butcher heroic down last night which was nice. It's pretty casual raiding this tier, and not sure it will get better for the expansion, but enjoying the easy pace and the gentle progress. Raid times are nice aswell so not too many complaints.

Butcher was pretty cool, we hit beserk at a few percent three times before killing him. Nice to have those kinda " YES" moments again thats been missing for so long.

Do you not think that if someone wants to progress from LFR to Normal the difficulty spike will be too much?

I think that if people want to raid, LFR or not. They need to learn tactics....

• Advertisement

Do you not think that if someone wants to progress from LFR to Normal the difficulty spike will be too much?

I think that if people want to raid, LFR or not. They need to learn tactics....

No because "Normal" is old version of flex which was easy. There was like maybe 1-2 bosses that required any type of thought around it.

People should learn tactics but i think they become much more relevant at HC and above.

Calhoun wrote: »
    No because "Normal" is old version of flex which was easy. There was like maybe 1-2 bosses that required any type of thought around it.

People should learn tactics but i think they become much more relevant at HC and above.

I miss HC raids, there was something so satisfying about the TS co-ordination and learning not to wipe.

Stupid deciding to have a kid :D :P

I miss HC raids, there was something so satisfying about the TS co-ordination and learning not to wipe.

Stupid deciding to have a kid :D :P

I hear you. New father myself. And then I organae to be available to raid this expansion and guild hasn't got the numbers.

A sign HAha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Cancelled my sub. Just dont have time to play, which is a shame because I was hoping to get the MC special event done, but I have hardly played. Hopefully will come back to it at some point. Seems an excellent expansion.

Unsubbed. Tired of time locked professions and loot with useless stats being the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

No idea why they got rid of reforging. With the removal of hit and expertise it was no longer a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Had all 11 chars levelled to 90 last expansion and raidin on a few, only main this time, also cant find much time with kid now either. Any free time seems to be sneakin on for a minute or to to do garrison missions on main

Berns wrote: »
    Had all 11 chars levelled to 90 last expansion and raidin on a few, only main this time, also cant find much time with kid now either. Any free time seems to be sneakin on for a minute or to to do garrison missions on main

Thats life now for us :D

I get on, do what i can and maybe a HC. No way i can do the single garrison missions, far too long.

No idea why they got rid of reforging. With the removal of hit and expertise it was no longer a pain in the ass.

They got rid of it because it turned into a stupid feature. It was supposed to provide people choice in terms of what they did, but instead as usual, the stat weights were totally out where one stat or two, were far superior then the rest.

So by reading guides, or simply using an ingame addon like most, it totally removed the decision making from reforging. I'm glad it is gone, now you can just get a raid drop, and start using it.

Also secondary stats are pretty balanced across all classes, with really only maybe one stat being that little ahead of the rest. So it's actually really not that big a thing anymore. Until atleast heroic farm content, you want to be focusing simply on ilvl upgrades, to ensure your primary stat is getting the bump.

The proffession thing is a bit odd alright, not sure I'm overly comfortable with it yet. Previously I'd be steady gold making with a steady production of items. Now, I'm doing something once a week, if even. On the plus side though, it is reducing the time I spend on gold making while actually providing more gold. On the downside, leaves a lot of the week where I'm not actually doing anything.

It's weird, its nearly the perfect balance. I have two characters, one is raiding the other ready to raid and waiting on alt runs to start.

So basically I log on once a day and do my garrison stuff, then I'm off. And it gives me time to play other games and do other things, something I wasn't doing in say MOP with the rubbish dailies.

Sure there are days im ploughing into more alts, but have to say finding WoD has a really nice balance at the moment and I'm getting to play other games I enjoy, which is not something I'd expect to be doing.

And yet I don't find the expansion or content stale.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    They got rid of it because it turned into a stupid feature. It was supposed to provide people choice in terms of what they did, but instead as usual, the stat weights were totally out where one stat or two, were far superior then the rest.

So by reading guides, or simply using an ingame addon like most, it totally removed the decision making from reforging. I'm glad it is gone, now you can just get a raid drop, and start using it.

Also secondary stats are pretty balanced across all classes, with really only maybe one stat being that little ahead of the rest. So it's actually really not that big a thing anymore. Until atleast heroic farm content, you want to be focusing simply on ilvl upgrades, to ensure your primary stat is getting the bump.

The proffession thing is a bit odd alright, not sure I'm overly comfortable with it yet. Previously I'd be steady gold making with a steady production of items. Now, I'm doing something once a week, if even. On the plus side though, it is reducing the time I spend on gold making while actually providing more gold. On the downside, leaves a lot of the week where I'm not actually doing anything.

It's weird, its nearly the perfect balance. I have two characters, one is raiding the other ready to raid and waiting on alt runs to start.

So basically I log on once a day and do my garrison stuff, then I'm off. And it gives me time to play other games and do other things, something I wasn't doing in say MOP with the rubbish dailies.

Sure there are days im ploughing into more alts, but have to say finding WoD has a really nice balance at the moment and I'm getting to play other games I enjoy, which is not something I'd expect to be doing.

And yet I don't find the expansion or content stale.

The content does seem to be quite refreshing, ive not found myself bored of it yet.

Advertisement