Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What 3 have you killed on HC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

all professions are **** now including the crafting ones. They take too long by giving you a daily cool down. I despise that system. I cannot find a raiding guild either so i dunno what to do.

I'm in the same boat. not really sure what to do now. not into raiding. I was always into professions and gold making but the economy seems to be in ruins. I will probably just pvp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Myself and 3 others were kicked from highmaul Colosseum for being DKs. Why hasnt anything be done to fix that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Myself and 3 others were kicked from highmaul Colosseum for being DKs. Why hasnt anything be done to fix that place.

Same happened to some folk in our guild, apparently people are queuing in togethr and co-ordinating the kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Currently 6/7 normal 1/7 heroic.

My first real full clear last night, missed the normal clear last week and was doing heroic progression in heroic dungeon gear haha

Landed myself five items, two of them warforged, and caught up to the raids ilvl in one night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

decked my 91 paladin out with some crafted epics, and a sweet 620 irating account bound mace i found from archaeology going to tank my way to 100 on him. should be fun. Well apart from me boosting him to 90 from zero and not entirely sure how to tank on him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You lads have any tips for Garrison resources?

I cant seem to scrape any decent amount together in the limited time i have playing the game.

Vicxas wrote: »

I cant seem to scrape any decent amount together in the limited time i have playing the game.

Stables dailies give garrison resources as a reward.

Lumbermill lets you harvest trees for work-order garrison resources.

Follower with the Scavanger perk will give you double return on any garrison resource follower mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

Vicxas - download Handy Notes add on from curse and then get the Draenor add on for handy notes - it marks every rare mob and garrison resource in the world on your map... its well handy (pardon the pun)...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Vicxas wrote: »

On my main guy i have a lumber mill and trade post making resources till i up grade everything then il ditch the lumber mill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Lumber mill should be built as soon as you get your garrison. I mean as in as soon as it is unlocked and can be choosen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I had the Lumber Mill on my main, but this time i've got plenty of resources just from treasures and rares, so i scrapped it for...something else. The Inn i think. Also got rid of the Barracks and took the War Mill for the item upgrades. Already got 2 great epics from quest reward upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

HC kills so far are Kargath 20 man hc,the butcher 30man (dps race on hc to beat his enrage,,everybody needs 19-20k)and brackenspore hc 30 man..working on tectus atm,just being unlucky with placements of mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So i got all 6 mounts from the stables on my rogue, is there any point to keeping it now?? Are they gonna add more mount quests in?

Kinda wanna swap for the inn to get some of the cool quest rewards, well just the one that shoots you into the air and gives you glide wings..

nix wrote: »
    So i got all 6 mounts from the stables on my rogue, is there any point to keeping it now?? Are they gonna add more mount quests in?

Kinda wanna swap for the inn to get some of the cool quest rewards, well just the one that shoots you into the air and gives you glide wings..

Theres 2 achievements that give mounts (they dont say they give mounts), once they are done you either keep the 20% bonus or swap it.

nix wrote: »

How long did it take? I'm completely fed up with those stupid dailies, I'm considering dropping it early!

Takes about two weeks give or take for it? what ya mean dropping as in quitting the game?

You not raiding?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Takes about two weeks give or take for it? what ya mean dropping as in quitting the game?

You not raiding?

Dropping the stables I meant. I'm clinging to my sub for the time being. If I didn't have my guild I would've unsubbed long ago.

I'm not sure what it is about WoD, or maybe even WoW. Playing so long everything has become stale? I've played all the class types (Tank, DPS, Heals) and done more than my share of achievements, mount runs, raids, pve, pvp etc.

I'm just tired.

Sounds to me like your playing to much and trying to get to much out for the time your playing.

Nothing wrong with taking a little break here and there, like you have HC content to do in raiding ect so still stuff for ya to do but i hear ya.

Its actually why i do pvp, its more user generated. I always have the PVE stuff to fall back on.

just hit above 630 ilvl on my warrior

• Advertisement

im done guys. I have caved in. I am going to force myself to do lfr to gear up :( Every group is looking for a higher ilvl than is needed. Which I assume means they expect to be carried.

Not always, sometimes the extra ilvl is the cabbage check in pugs. It doesnt stop all but it filters some vegtables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So I managed to PUG 40man MC on my BDK. My god what a clusterfcuk.

So we started off and instantly a hunter pulls the first two giants. No prob, I pick up one and another DK picks up the other. On we go.
    Other DK decides to chain pull the next few elementals. Started ok until a doggie ended up in the mix. Wipe.

So, a few warnings went out advising who pulls etc.. On we go.

So we get near the entrance to Lucifron and Magmadar. Half the raid splits off and heads towards Gehennas. I'm just standing there going, uhhh wtf you guys at? GIT BACK HERE!!11!1 Eventually they listen.

Dog packs... ohh the dog packs. Before we started, I warn everyone not to pull a second pack in. Over and over. Yelling. Using /RW. Can anyone guess what happened?? :P
    I got annoyed at this point. I asked to be raid leader as I was main tanking anyway. Might have become a bit of a prick but imo it was the right thing to do either way. Warned everyone at the beginning that if they want their feckin mount, they listen up and pay attention.
    After this we cleared the dog packs straight away, Lucifron and Magmadar went down first time.
    Continued on and Gehennas went down in no time. Garr was funny. We gathered up all adds and downed them together. People flying in every direction at the explosions.
    Next room was painful initially. People just could not figure out where to stand. I think concentration dropped a little. We dropped the first pack but for the second we ended up with a dog and Geddon joining in. Wipe. Cleared up after this and one fresh tank decided he wanted to continue to pull trash. Ended up pulling Geddon again so wipe. Eventually managed to get everyone back into the big room with Geddon and we dropped him fairly quick.
    We took out Shazzrah in his own room close to the entrance. Wasn't the best idea in the world as alot of damage taken. None the less, we took him out.
    The rest of the raid went fairly straight forward after this. The last few bosses are easy. Golemagg is straight forward. Sulfuron we just gathered up the adds and aoe'd them down. Majordomo was nothing.
    Ragnaros was simple too. Had one pack of sons spawn when he was just about to die but they were gathered up quick and downed. He dropped pretty much the second he re-appeared.

Was nice to see the raid again with 40 people. Was always my favourite place. That said, pugging it is not advised for those with high blood pressure. It'll be funny when they introduce a 40 man BWL ramped to level 100. I can just imagine the fail now. Any PUG group who manages to coordinate and down the first boss while controlling the boss, kiting mobs, downing caster mobs are nothing short of gods. :D

The only thing missing from that epic tale was the /raid spam of "DISPEL" "mage" "priest" "dispel pls" "fk sak u nubs l2p"

MC is painful. Once we downed the first boss things improved because we kicked everyone causing trouble. After that it went smoothly but slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The only thing missing from that epic tale was the /raid spam of "DISPEL" "mage" "priest" "dispel pls" "fk sak u nubs l2p"

It was there a little. But not too bad. To be honest, once someone takes over and tells people exactly what to do, it goes smooth enough. Everyone wants their mount and there's not long left to go.
    I really only jumped in, half expecting to be kicked as my ilvl is only 623 with a health pool of only 250k. I had other tanks in the raid with health over 320K but dropped much quicker.
    I don't know if they just weren't getting heals or not using their CDs at all but I ended up tanking most mobs / bosses, and fairly easily too. I don't remember ever really thinking... ohh crap I'm about to drop. Also would steal aggro unintentionally but fairly often during pack fights. Maybe they just weren't really trying. Just glad I got my mount :)
    Now to continue to gear up. I should probably do that bloody silver tanking quest so I can go to heroics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

I've unsubbed. I don't have the time for raiding and pvp doesn't offer much over the last xpac. professions completely ruined. enjoyable leveling experience but that was it for me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm kind of frustrated at the minute regarding raiding. I'm a pally tank and geared myself up to ilvl 650. I outgear all the other tanks in my guild and yet in every raid other tanks are taken because they are mates. I get it, but its bloody frustrating. These guys cant be bothered to gear themselves and the guild wipes because of it.

My options are to reroll the class they want, quit the guild, or stay and continue to raid with randoms. I did heroic Highmaul with another guild last week but It's not ideal. I want to stay because I like some of the guys in there and it's an oldschool guild from vanilla.......... but im just getting more and more frustrated by the situation.

Three options:

1. Wait and accept the bench, waiting until they have a spot;
    2. Level a class they need but you may not get to tank;
    3. Leave, if your a god tank and they are under utilising you then go elsewhere;

Simple as that unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Calhoun wrote: »
    Three options:

1. Wait and accept the bench, waiting until they have a spot;
    2. Level a class they need but you may not get to tank;
    3. Leave, if your a god tank and they are under utilising you then go elsewhere;

Simple as that unfortunately.
    Option 1 is off the table as there will never be a spot. There is only two tank spots in a raid, and they are buddies.

Which ties into option 3. If i'm bothering to gear up, farm flasks, do the things you are supposed to do and the other tank that gets taken rocks up in blues and greens with the wrong stats on them, what's the bloody point? And that's what I realised was going to happen every time.

In all my other raiding experience, if you underperformed or didn't gear up....you didn't go. Especially with tanking. If the tank can't stay alive then the entire raid is held back.

I will have to leave I suppose but the stupidity of some people gets my goat. The raid leader takes it seriously, complains about lack of progress on teamspeak and yet brings a monk doing about 8k dps. It doesn't jive. If you are casual friend raiding than that's fine. But if you claim to be hardcore about it, then you have to treat it as such.

Advertisement