Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Regardless of sims, I'm playing Affliction or Demonology. Destruction can go and ****e altogether.

I tend to agree. It was lame spec since TBC. Affliction has always been my favourite. Soul swap was a great addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just had a look at logs and seems atleast the first fight Affliction does quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Just killed the world boss, no drops for me sadly. Im doing Highmaul tonight, I'll let ye know how that goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Whats the new worldboss?

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2800/warlords-of-draenor-world-bosses

One of 2 spawns weekly. They don't take long to respawn after they are killed. This weeks one is Drov the Ruiner so next week will probably be Tarlna the Ageless.

The 3rd world boss Rukhmar isn't released yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

irishmover wrote: »
    Marginally falls behind demo you mean. Current simcraft has demo ahead by a whopping 20 odd dps from destro. Affliction is dead in the water at the moment. There is at least one spec from every other class which outperforms locks in BiS sims. I've not seen locks bottom of sims ever in my time of playing (albeit I did only start 1/4 way through TBC).

I'm running demo and I done a heroic with a guild on my server who are all ex raiders at the level I used to play. They wanted to see what I was like compared to their destro lock. He had ilvl 642 and at the time I was ilvl 622 with a green cape so he should have trumped me. I beat him on all fights except one which I didn't have all my cd's at the start (I think they gauged their opinion after the second boss).

It is a 5 man which are much shorter fights than a raid thus the DPS is bloated, so will be interesting to see how it fairs if I decide to go with them to Highmaul on Sunday.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17N.html

That's Highmaul normal which is a decent gauge, but it being a patchwerk style fight is a bit misleading.

A good indication is running simcraft with player skill at "good" and going for a fight with "some" movement, as most encounters are like that these days.

To be honest the difference between them all isn't that much, so there is a bit of dealers choice really.

Simulations always come with health warnings, and it very much depends on various parameters. I just sim myself and try not to get too influenced by the generic charts that get thrown out.

And not being smart but there is obviously a severe skillgap if a Destro lock lost out to you, with a 22ilvl difference.

Ilvl is EVERYTHING to warlocks at present, with int having a value of 3/1 over other stats. So i'd put that down to a VERY poor Destro Warlock over any relevance to the specs themselves.

Kinda re-enforces my point in that simulations get taken too seriously as the be all and end all in this community, without the first point of call being the player themselves.

Regardless of sims, I'm playing Affliction or Demonology. Destruction can go and ****e altogether.

Destro my least fav spec. Feels too much like a mage.

Ideally I'd like to play Demo. That and Affliction feel like a really unqiue Warlock spec.

Because I dropped Demo after my first few dungeons seeing how bad it was pre-buff, I've got comfy with Destruction and have kinda optimised for it with gear. Granted secondary stats are nearly equal I just feel like I put so much into it I'd be annoying dropped it haha.

Sure next few weeks I'll have data to make an informed decision :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Anyone started raiding tonight in need of dps?ally

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

HIGHMAUL HYPE! Excellent opening boss fight! Mental 1 - Highmaul 0.

uUdrjrr.jpg

Second fight was very enjoyable. A tradition Patchwerk style DPS check with an interesting raid damage mechanic.
    wjSzfnJ.jpg

• Advertisement

We managed to down the first 2 bosses. First guy first attempt, second guy took 3 attempts. Now that 3rd guy, the mountain fella :p we kept wiping on phase 3, we were really close twice to downing but we'll get him sunday :)

How did ye all find the 3rd boss?

Edit:
    Did anyone get any nice loot? :) I didn't get any drops off bosses but I did get 2 personal loot boe's off trash. A tanking cloak and a cloth healing belt. Gave them both to guildies :)

We had a warforged BoE drop which was pretty sweet. That 3rd boss is a nasty DPS check. We got close on a number of tries. One shotted Kargath, two attempts on Butcher and then wipefest on the 3rd.

And there is guilds out there that have already completed normal and are more then half way through heroic :p

Our guild isn't bothered with fast progression. We are happy just as long as there is progression and that we get to see all the content at a reasonable rate :p Our closest attempt at the 3rd boss tonight was seconds away from the kill but hey its better then wiping in the first phase of the fight like when we started :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Awh i miss progression Raiding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I need to gear up to do some HCs / raids. I've been lazy.

Crafted a Truesteel helm for myself as first bit of proper armor. Now the long grind to get another 100 ingots to craft a second..

Still questing around Nagrand but will finish up that probably today and move on. Hopefully some better gear in the next zone. Will start a few normal dungeon runs too. Miss a bit of raiding. Not done any since BC I think.

Noxin wrote: »
    I need to gear up to do some HCs / raids. I've been lazy.

Crafted a Truesteel helm for myself as first bit of proper armor. Now the long grind to get another 100 ingots to craft a second..

Still questing around Nagrand but will finish up that probably today and move on. Hopefully some better gear in the next zone. Will start a few normal dungeon runs too. Miss a bit of raiding. Not done any since BC I think.

You should sell some crafted gear and buy highmual boe's :) They are cheaper then crafted epics atm on my server! I think the drop rate might be a bit bugged because off the trash between the first, second and third boss we got 8 boe's lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

I cant be bothered to make crafted items for myself as they take too long. If i do make any il just sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I'll have to check the prices on that so :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been selling the Engineering head epics for a ton of gold. Takes a few days to make one, but i've far more gold then i've ever had before because of them and Darkmoon cards.

Haven't really played in a while though, thanks to Dragon Age Inquisition. Will get back into it over the holidays though.

Buying feasts last night was a bad idea, Im broke now :( we all had to buy 5 as no one in the guild is a cook :p might be something for me to look into but I only have an hour or two during non raid nights to play games and I enjoy a lot of different games :p

last week savage feasts I think they are called, the ones that give +100 stats were going for about 150g each, Should have invested then :p last night they were 600g each :/
    Im going to craft a weapon tomorrow though that goes for 70k on my server :D

• Advertisement

Got some wrists from the daily Cm today and crafted my epic belt. Really need the heroics to stop messing around and drop my damn trinkets already.

Got some wrists from the daily Cm today and crafted my epic belt. Really need the heroics to stop messing around and drop my damn trinkets already.

I managed to get a warforge ilvl 636 trinket yesterday from a ilvl 615 follower mission. Still have another crappy one to replace but you should look into that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im finding it easier to gear up for heroics with PvP gear.

Getting a RBG group is near impossible, you either have 2k+ experience or you'll be waiting awhile for a group that will have tactics that are just "kill them"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with blacksmithing in wod i can craft some epic lvl 91 things i havent seen any higher level gear that i can craft does this gear like match your level or what its a bit confusing that i can only make lvl 91 stuff :confused:

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the deal is with blacksmithing in wod i can craft some epic lvl 91 things i havent seen any higher level gear that i can craft does this gear like match your level or what its a bit confusing that i can only make lvl 91 stuff :confused:

Even though the epic crafted gear is usable at level 91 its still ilvl 640 + and good for level 100's :). Reason blizzard did that is so you can craft some gear for you alts and take advantage of the huge stat boost while leveling :)

We had a warforged BoE drop which was pretty sweet. That 3rd boss is a nasty DPS check. We got close on a number of tries. One shotted Kargath, two attempts on Butcher and then wipefest on the 3rd.

Something similar myself. I was raiding with another guild who our guild are good friends with. Not sure how I'd rate the skill levels, I'd say somewhat similar but my guild might be a little slicker.

We had a few wipes on the first two bosses before eventually having clean kills. Some silly mistakes, especially on second boss.

First boss I was able to stay down the entire fight and not have to go up to the terraces, and as a Warlock was very happy with my DPS, topping the meters on most attempts and on my worst attempt finishing second.

The second boss I was assigned to be one of the cleave controllers, which obliterated my DPS with the movement. Was the first indication just how bad movement with Destro as a warlock can be (and I somewhat had assumed). I went from being top 2 comfy to bottom 2 struggling, just with a small amount of movement. Granted the rest of the raid was entirely still, I'd be advocating that I don't do that in future raids :)

Third boss we pure wiped. I feel its actually a healer check. Being able to keep those mushrooms up to gain their benefits. I think the raid was doing something fundamentally wrong. We had no really good attempts and didnt even hit phase 2.

I was assigned a flamethrower, and it again destroyed my DPs. Having to run around clearing moss, and running between shrooms, again had me second last.

Glad I had the run though ahead of my own guild so I can be adamant about not doing it :D

killanena wrote: »
    Buying feasts last night was a bad idea, Im broke now :( we all had to buy 5 as no one in the guild is a cook :p might be something for me to look into but I only have an hour or two during non raid nights to play games and I enjoy a lot of different games :p

last week savage feasts I think they are called, the ones that give +100 stats were going for about 150g each, Should have invested then :p last night they were 600g each :/
    Im going to craft a weapon tomorrow though that goes for 70k on my server :D

These can be supplied by your barn.

Anyone doing PvE raiding to a decent level should have got one of these, as they will provide you savage feasts and also Savage bloods to upgrade your BoE's.

There is a crafted BoE for most all specs thats essentially bis stats. For me its "of the savage" which gives Crit and Multistrike. So while I've crafted 3 pieces and sold them all, when a "of the savage" procs I'll keep it and then save up savage bloods to upgrade it.

At a barn level 3 you can get a good few bloods a week. They look to be the method by which you will keep crafted gear relevant throughout the tiers. And for some classses( i know for me) certain boe's are BIS.

Just remember that blizz "buffed" the crafted boe's, but havnt implemented the tooltip changes yet. Crafted gear is no longer 640, its like 655 at stage 1. So its equal to Highmaul Normal

What's annoying me is how Sav Bloods are so expensive on my realm, some realms you can get them for a few hundred gold, they are 2k on mine meaning buying them direct to fund my upgrades would be 30k upgrade per boe.

Plan to upgrade my neckpiece and want to land myself hexweave bracers and I'm unsure of my third piece.

Explain the Barn to me. I have A Warmill, A Stables and a Lumbermill at the moment (i think thats my big plots)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had an hour to spare lastnight and downed the first boss with a pug after 3 wipes,managed to blitz top DPS on all 4 attempts, MAGE FTW!!!
    Ive never had a dps class as my main in all 10 years of wow apart from a month with a lock and mage in WOTLK so its all new in that respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dcully wrote: »
    Had an hour to spare lastnight and downed the first boss with a pug after 3 wipes,managed to blitz top DPS on all 4 attempts, MAGE FTW!!!
    Ive never had a dps class as my main in all 10 years of wow apart from a month with a lock and mage in WOTLK so its all new in that respect.

Clearly a better DPS than healer so cause you never topped the healing meter :pac:

Advertisement