Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

enjoying this lock discussion, i love the pet classes, was going to use my 90 boost if i buy wod on a warlock.

my hunters at 87.5 and im still in the first 50-100 mission part of pandaland.. ridiculous how quick leveling is. ill be 90 before im finished in the first zone probably...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm not happy with my Warlock post-6.0. In a DPS sense it's fine, I don't have a problem with any spec and I find they all do the job. I just don't like being the green fire Mage. I rolled Warlock to be the debuffer, the "support" class. Now, I'm nothing more than DPS, and I miss my curses.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

russian premades ruin random bgs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So i hit 100 and I'm not quite sure what to do. Gonna head to Nagrand and do the quests too but what's the usual progression path at 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just got my warrior to 90, time to upgrade to wod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Vicxas wrote: »
    So i hit 100 and I'm not quite sure what to do. Gonna head to Nagrand and do the quests too but what's the usual progression path at 100?

What are you looking to do at 100?

Get working on the garrison. Dailies, quest in nagrand is correct as the gear is decent. Do normal mans. Complete proving grounds silver, you should get to ilvl 610 reasonably fast then do heroics and ilvl 615 unlocks Molten Core.

Don't forget to do the legendary ring questline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

still leveling my new main priest. 1-60 was a breeze. outland dragged, hitting northrend tonight :(

BGs are reasonably busy though so i'll be doing a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Got 100 over the weekend. Got legend ring and continuing with whatever those quest lines give.
    Need another 4k crystals and to do the heroics but I'm not geared for that.
    Running Nagrand and doing Garrison at the moment which I just upgraded to tier 3 but have no cash to upgrade any more buildings. :P
    Garrison consists of:
    Small: Forge / Enchanter / Salvage
    Medium: Lumber mill / Barn
    Large: Barracks / War Mill

Will eventually swap out the Lumber Mill and Barracks but probably not for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Raiding starts this week :) Im just farming at the moment to build up a bit of gold for the weeks ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

things cost a lot more gold than i remember.

went to get my artisan flying, 4k gold... i only have like 6k gold... ill go without for now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have more gold then ever at the moment. Sold a few Darkmoon cards, and have around 60k now. For me, that's a small fortune.

Haven't really been playing the game though. DA:Inquisition is taking all my time, so all i'm really doing is logging in and mining/herbing in my Garrison. Will get back to it once i clear DA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I have about 250 after my latest upgrades. Gonna need some serious farming to get the cash back. :(

I have no gold and i have no clue how to make it atm.
    Have 91 warrior with 600 herb/alch

and my 100 monk just started enchanting and skinning. I dunno what to do.

Skinning is actually really good for gold farming at the moment. An hour of grinding mobs in Draenor for skinning can yield about 8-10k gold. I've made 40k over the weekend alone there, most of which was spend on enchants to get raid ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I've been enjoying Ashran and the gladiators sanctum is very good for gear. Every day I get 2-3 items from it although often only 1 is combatant. In less than 2 days I hit honor cap.

Im finding it difficult to make money from mining and enchanting. The only unique things I have is weapon enchants that cost 15 crystals. At least the dust hotfix means I can have work orders on all the time. The nerf to the mines should bring up the value of ore soon.

Normals were terrible for me, most of the time its UBRS and when I get 1 thing from the last boss I have it or better.
    russian premades ruin random bgs

Ah the russians, they'll drag on the BG for 3 times longer than it should last if it means they can win. I was once the target caller for a RBG, my horror when I saw that they all had russian names.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

killanena wrote: »
    Skinning is actually really good for gold farming at the moment. An hour of grinding mobs in Draenor for skinning can yield about 8-10k gold. I've made 40k over the weekend alone there, most of which was spend on enchants to get raid ready.

Enchanting 630 gear?

Seems like such a waste. I've only Enchanted my Cloak,Head,Ring,Neck. all 640-680

Enchanting 630 gear?

Seems like such a waste. I've only Enchanted my Cloak,Head,Ring,Neck. all 640-680

630 to 640 gear, yes. I don't see it as a waste if I improve my dps. Its only a game currency after all.

Do you have max skinning? What areas do you grind for it atm?

630 to 640 gear, yes. I don't see it as a waste if I improve my dps. Its only a game currency after all.

I just feel that the gear will change so quickly, but suppose, once you have gold etc etc it's not a waste and you'd be smashing the meters :)

Enchants are dirt cheap especially if you have an Enchanters Study in your garrison.

• Advertisement

I'm 634, and all that's holding my ilvl back is stupid trinkets that won't ****ing drop! I've been around and around the heroics since launch and still haven't had one drop. This loot system freaking sucks!

Do you have max skinning? What areas do you grind for it atm?

Yeah but you can still make decent gold while leveling it. I skin in shadowmoon valley, near the alliance garrison there is an open field full of those elephant things. They spawn fast and walk around in packs that are pretty close together.
    I just feel that the gear will change so quickly, but suppose, once you have gold etc etc it's not a waste and you'd be smashing the meters :)

If a whole guild has a group fully enchanted going into new content its a big help :) Yeah I understand why most people wouldn't bother but if you manage to wipe less and clear content faster its worth it in my opinion :)
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    Enchants are dirt cheap especially if you have an Enchanters Study in your garrison.

Not on my low pop server they an't! I spent 10k on my weapon enchant alone :/
    I'm 634, and all that's holding my ilvl back is stupid trinkets that won't ****ing drop! I've been around and around the heroics since launch and still haven't had one drop. This loot system freaking sucks!

I have the exact same problem, I have 630 + in all slots except for trinkets which are 615 and 610 from questing. I have been grinding heroics the past week daily trying to get one! If I don't tonight ill probably end up trying to get a darkmoon one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Same here, im stuck on ilvl 625 since 2 days after i dinged 100 despite running minimum of 1 heroic per day and doing the daily q for crystals.
    Worst of all any decent items i have got with a higher ilvl than i had were useless to me despite having a higher ilvl.
    The net effect is im not yet ilvl 630 which i need for upcoming raid but i could get there if i equip an item the game gave me but with absolutely useless stats thus making my lower ilvl gear better than higher ilvl gear.
    Sad to say we are at a stage where its like ignore your epics and stick with your blues, ffs blizz wtf are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm not happy with my Warlock post-6.0. In a DPS sense it's fine, I don't have a problem with any spec and I find they all do the job. I just don't like being the green fire Mage. I rolled Warlock to be the debuffer, the "support" class. Now, I'm nothing more than DPS, and I miss my curses.

Warlocks are a pure DPS class.

Curses were outragously pointless considering other classes applied the same debuffs within their own rotation. Our Curses required a Global Cooldown outside of the DPs rotation, so in actual fact it was a really good change.

I get your point in a sense that curses were a unique factor for Warlocks, but it hasn't been like that since really ICC, where other classes applied the same debuffs

Warlocks have certainly lost some of their unique stuff, but I think Demo and Affliction still largely keep the class unique. Destro is a ropey magelike spec that I don't particularly like, but what can you do. I'm comfy with all three specs, so I typically just go with what is doing the best at the current gearpoint.

At present the three specs are actually relatively clsoe, but Destro edges it all the way up until mythic bis gear levels, where it marginally falls behind affliction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dcully wrote: »
    Same here, im stuck on ilvl 625 since 2 days after i dinged 100 despite running minimum of 1 heroic per day and doing the daily q for crystals.
    Worst of all any decent items i have got with a higher ilvl than i had were useless to me despite having a higher ilvl.
    The net effect is im not yet ilvl 630 which i need for upcoming raid but i could get there if i equip an item the game gave me but with absolutely useless stats thus making my lower ilvl gear better than higher ilvl gear.
    Sad to say we are at a stage where its like ignore your epics and stick with your blues, ffs blizz wtf are you at?
    • The Inn provides you with daily quests for dungeons that can drop gear.
    • Getting your followers up high levels allows you to send them on missions for 615 and 630 ilvl gear
    • You get a guaranteed drop now from the final boss each heroic
    • Crafted gear takes 7 days roughly to make if you don't skip a work order

To be honest we can't expect to be handed gear, and I'm glad we are not. I've still got a 600 ilvl chest and 615 trinket that I havn't been able to upgrade. Come accross alot of duplicate or same ilvl from drops in heroics.

I dinged relatively early after launch and found 40 min DPS queues so took me a while to get in the groove, but in a night of running them with guild my ilvl jumped. I'm sitting at around 632 now which is ok but I wanted to be higher, but the initial launch problems and DPS queues stiffled that.

I've been able to craft 3 cloth chest pieces and 3 necks from JC. Only kept a neck that rolled good stats, the rest wasn't great but sold it all for some serious gold.

Most likely when I get home will pickup the Darkmoon trinket for my lock as its down in price to 20k now, even with the buffs it got yesterday.

And in relation to gear, ilvl trumps all at present Blizz have done a really good job balancing this expansion, with most classes having shockingly close secondary stats. But what you will find ( in most cases I've seen) your primary stat is simming around the 3 mark, while your secondaries at best are at the 1.6 mark.

So in simple terms one point in your primary is nearly equal to three points in your secondary.

Hence why on my warlock I've gemmed 10int rather then the 30 crit(my best secondary stat) since its pretty much the same.

I prioritise ilvl because int is SO valuable for me. I've seen the same sort of thing for most classes.

Best thing to do is just grab simcraft, import your character, and then run scaling on stats.

Will tell you YOUR exact weights. Alternatively you can go to noxxic and load up the stat weights for your appropriate ilvl. Noxxic gets some flak, but their math is pretty solid in fairness when it comes to stat weights.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As starting from a base from Cataclysm release what would be a good profession to boost to 90 in terms of gold creation for WoD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Manach wrote: »
    As starting from a base from Cataclysm release what would be a good profession to boost to 90 in terms of gold creation for WoD?

Herbalism and skinning appear to be doing well.

Sitting on 639 Ilvl equip and 642 not equipped

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Mindtrap/simple

Got luck with a heroic Warforged trinket that is awesome. But I notice on trinkets some of the 615s are actually better than the 630s

Anyone look up some of the strats for Highmaul? Tectus looks like a horrific fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

TheDoc wrote: »
    Warlocks are a pure DPS class.

Curses were outragously pointless considering other classes applied the same debuffs within their own rotation. Our Curses required a Global Cooldown outside of the DPs rotation, so in actual fact it was a really good change.

I get your point in a sense that curses were a unique factor for Warlocks, but it hasn't been like that since really ICC, where other classes applied the same debuffs

Warlocks have certainly lost some of their unique stuff, but I think Demo and Affliction still largely keep the class unique. Destro is a ropey magelike spec that I don't particularly like, but what can you do. I'm comfy with all three specs, so I typically just go with what is doing the best at the current gearpoint.

At present the three specs are actually relatively clsoe, but Destro edges it all the way up until mythic bis gear levels, where it marginally falls behind affliction.

Marginally falls behind demo you mean. Current simcraft has demo ahead by a whopping 20 odd dps from destro. Affliction is dead in the water at the moment. There is at least one spec from every other class which outperforms locks in BiS sims. I've not seen locks bottom of sims ever in my time of playing (albeit I did only start 1/4 way through TBC).

I'm running demo and I done a heroic with a guild on my server who are all ex raiders at the level I used to play. They wanted to see what I was like compared to their destro lock. He had ilvl 642 and at the time I was ilvl 622 with a green cape so he should have trumped me. I beat him on all fights except one which I didn't have all my cd's at the start (I think they gauged their opinion after the second boss).

It is a 5 man which are much shorter fights than a raid thus the DPS is bloated, so will be interesting to see how it fairs if I decide to go with them to Highmaul on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Regardless of sims, I'm playing Affliction or Demonology. Destruction can go and ****e altogether.

Advertisement