Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things about places you've worked at that they don't want the general public to know

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Ever wondered why airlines overbook seats? Because on average about 10-20 people don't check in for a flight, and for the airlines to make money they need to have full planes. so they oversell the aircraft based on the average number of people they hope will not turn up.
    I don't see why they'd need to overbook flights, maybe this was the case back in the day but these days? You pay for your flight up front and if 30 people don't show up it could only mean the airline is saving money by not having to transport them and their shyte.

- The milk in kays kitchen is pretty much slops. When someone gets a tea or coffee but leaves milk left over in the little metal jug. It gets poured into a bigger jug thats left out all day. Constantly getting filled up by left overs. Then plopped into the fridge for next days consumption.
    Don't' see anything wrong with that really. It's not like milk turns deadly as soon as it leaves the milk carton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A very large company who got hacked and a lot of personal data was stolen. They never said a word to well over 40/50 thousand members at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

smash wrote: »
    A very large company who got hacked and a lot of personal data was stolen. They never said a word to well over 40/50 thousand members at the time.

PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

kupus wrote: »
    PP?

Word is well out now if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

The pet shop I work In has a very large and thriving hamster population living inside the walls :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Esdie Rickets South Anne Street. Raw chicken in with the salads.Same tongs used to pick the lettuce and the chicken for frying up With. Regular occurrence. Thank God I only eat their chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

worked in a school where the head embezzled large amounts of charity raised cash. investigations took six years, no one knows a thing, to protect her integrity I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Perhaps the HIQA reports have made them realise that patients' lives are in their germy hands.

We're a bit behind the times; in other countries medical staff wear scrubs which are washed at high temperature in the hospital, and must never be worn outside. Here, I was cycling past Holles Street last week and seven or eight doctors with their white coats flying walked out on the way to their coffee break.

Paediatric docs don't wear white coats, never wash their hands, wear Stethascopes to lunch, NEVER clean them, sit on bins as not allowed to sit on beds and never care because they always complain.

Nurses always wash hands but are so underpaid do agency work on days off, hospitals never ask - even if they know a nurse is working elsewhere, admission of liability,

Hospitals get FOREWARNED about HIQA visits, get faxes/ emails with questions to be asked, so never un announced

pharmaton wrote: »
    worked in a school where the head embezzled large amounts of charity raised cash. investigations took six years, no one knows a thing, to protect her integrity I suspect.

this is what i hate about irish life, her integrity should mean jack sh1t, she is a thief. end of story. same level as those guys who rob shops. they are going to say I need it for the drugs mlord.
    She going to say to her friend the judge who she probably f88ked a while back, i need it for the mortgage Cyril, can you not see that, Im just a poor girl and nobody loves me. Blah blah f'in blah.

Wash rinse and repeat throughout all stages of Irish life from scummers to high class.

She should be outed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

pharmaton wrote: »
    Out her.

I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

this is what i hate about irish life, her integrity should mean jack sh1t, she is a thief. end of story. same level as those guys who rob shops. they are going to say I need it for the drugs mlord.
    She going to say to her friend the judge who she probably f88ked a while back, i need it for the mortgage Cyril, can you not see that, Im just a poor girl and nobody loves me. Blah blah f'in blah.

Wash rinse and repeat throughout all stages of Irish life from scummers to high class.

She should be outed.

Opportunity here.....

Opportunity here.....

Opportunity here for f'all as the law and justice industry (pyramid scheme) in ireland is so far up its own hole, they are about as good as balls on a bullock.
    Another shower of me fein gobsh1tes sucking at the teat of the never ending government money train with repeat offenders making a killing for the defense lawyers.
    And I do mean making a killing.....
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/icrime/the-barry-case-highlights-the-pressing-need-for-legal-reform-97272.html
    its a joke and the joke is on the ordinary taxpayer that have to put up with this crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Opportunity here.....

Eh. No.

PP?

No, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Have to say that was an interesting email alright. And not even the offer of 50quid compo.
    Don't think I was 'compromised' though.

Have to say that was an interesting email alright. And not even the offer of 50quid compo.
    Don't think I was 'compromised' though.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Those ads you see asking for donations to send poor Fred, Alice or Bob, to school, hospital, or to build a training center, are pulling on your heart strings and are usually just a technique to make donating personal.
    I know most of you know this but Ive worked with people who said "but thats Fred, hes already in training hes just down the corrridor right now, why are they asking people to give him money". So I guess some people dont realise their €10 isnt actually going to send Fred for training.

And Yea! Yea! I know it all goes into the central funding to pay for the organisation and ultimately you could say it goes to Freds training. Well thats what we are told but what we are still not told is how much management like the CEO or deputy CEO etc gets for their salary or how much extra on top of that salary is given out of funding.
    Not all charities have declared this information and charities go under different classifications so some especially those who do not receive a particular kind of government funding havent had to declare such information, yet. So it can be worth your while when you are on a visit to see all the good work done in a charitable organisation looking for your funding, to go around to the area where management parks and take a look at some of the cars there to maybe get a clue about how much money they are making.

Ive seen groups of people from various buisness spend a few days on the grounds of a charity, bonding with one another I suppose, and complete a work like a garden or a wall or play area, the patients, trainees, students are wheeled or walked out, photos are taken and people feel good about themselves. Then some time later Ive watched the whole thing be bulldozed down and a different project go up in the same place. It doesnt matter if the patients never used it because the whole thing was really about good public relations and people associating the charity with feeling good about themselves and they will give money in future to something they feel connected with and have been to. Yea! those people may have been on the grounds of the charity but it takes a while to know whats going on in a place.

On that feel good factor, a lot of people I have spoken to dont like those busses that go around with such and such a club donated this bus and the name of the CHARITY written big all over the sides front and back of the bus. Some of the users of the buses would like to arrive in places without a big message that they are different and the recipients of CHARITY announced to everyone before they even get off the bus. But the people who donated to the charity feel good about themselves so thats ok then.

^^^^

As well as the money you send to african charities going straight into the local warlords pocket. shhh this must be kept quiet. All that funding moolah.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I used to work in a factory where they made sausages, I don't eat sausages anymore.

me too and me too

Hmmmmmm, surely not Boards.
    They told us at the time :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Rigged coin waterfalls in arcades.

Are you 13?

Are you 13?

:confused:

No but I remember them from when I was a teenager.

Ya know, because nostalgia never happens on AH.

lucky333 wrote: »
    Worked in a Chinese take away in Dublin.
    Twice a week the uncooked chickens where delivered, brought in the back door and into the kitchen, trays of chickens emptied onto the floor. These chickens would stay on the floor most of the day even gettin walked on and kicked around until we got through them all to take the wings off them and such.

Then they were put into the hot grease to cook, then taken out and placed straight into the freezer to be used again during the week. When they were taking out on another day they would sit defrosting , if they weren't used that day there were frozen again.
    I'd say nearly all take aways would be closed up if the truth was known about them.

The last Chinese I had was from a highly regarded one locally and everything, especially the chicken, tasted of rubber. Now I probably know why.

Havent had one since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Dunnes Stores butchers in Newbridge sold fatty rib steak mince as lean round steak mince, not sure if they still do it. manager used to tell the staff to say it was round steak when the customers asked

most chippers dont actually use Cod when they serve Cod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

The last Chinese I had was from a highly regarded one locally and everything, especially the chicken, tasted of rubber. Now I probably know why.

Havent had one since.

I get a chinese once a week as a way of boosting the family's immune systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

We used to use full fat milk in our skinny coffees when I worked in a cafe.....controversial I know:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

There's a meth lab underneath the drier.

There's a meth lab underneath the drier.

If its run by a woman with fantastic breasts called Skyler then I may need to know its location.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Havent had one since.

I strip a chicken (kinky) until I get every last piece of meat out of it, sandwiches, curries etc. (the juiciest part is the thigh and wings). I still don't know what part of the chicken they use!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

K-9 wrote: »
    I strip a chicken (kinky) until I get every last piece of meat out of it, sandwiches, curries etc. (the juiciest part is the thigh and wings). I still don't know what part of the chicken they use!

They use its cubes - only special chickens have cubes. They feed the chicks pure Vodka and Koka noodles to create the cubey texture.

Advertisement