Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things about places you've worked at that they don't want the general public to know

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Specialun wrote: »
    The russian mafia had a large % in kasperski

Ah! That's the biggest load of bullguard I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Hmmmm.

Gotta be a Spanish team surely
    Sounds like Real Madrid.
    P_1 wrote: »
    Certainly one of the two classic Spanish sides I'd wager

Ehh....uh oh!

*Does a legger...*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Ah! That's the biggest load of bullguard I've ever heard.

Why so because

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Tesco use horse meat in their burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

McDonalds restaurants are really clean and fussy as fcuk about their supply lines and the ingredients/suppliers they use. I have no idea why they don't bang on about that more to the general public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

A multinational record label somewhere in Europe keep a stale old box of croutons on top of the books in the library in their basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A very well known football club in Europe treat their staff like muck. Politicians/VIP business people frequently buy their season tickets for the club with suitcases of cash. Huge amounts of tax evasion going on in this particular club. Lots of very shady dealings generally.
    Ehh....uh oh!

*Does a legger...*

Ah no need, shur doesn't the world and it's mother know how badly they treated poor Jose :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 326 ✭✭Savoir.Faire

A surprising number of politicians are hardworking, honest and decent human beings with a genuine sense of civic duty. The amount of abuse and harassment they receive from a certain of proportion of the electorate makes it an emotionally draining job.

The Department of Foreign Affairs remains an old boys club.

James Reilly is an abrasive, but extremely competent Minister of Health. The size of our country and the parochial nature of politics as a result makes radical change almost impossible.

Luke 'Ming' Flanagan is a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A surprising number of politicians are hardworking, honest and decent human beings with a genuine sense of civic duty. The amount of abuse and harassment they receive from a certain of proportion of the electorate makes it an emotionally draining job.

James Reilly is an abrasive, but extremely competent Minister of Health. The size of our country and the parochial nature of politics as a result makes radical change almost impossible.

Name 5?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think 5 is the surprising number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

Bowlardo wrote: »
    what is it so?
    geneticially%2Bengineered%2Bchicken%2Bkfc%2B2.jpg

The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word chicken anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated organisms. These so called “chickens” are kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their structure. They have no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them.

Name 5?

1. None They're
    2. A Shower
    3. Of Two-Faced
    4. Money-Grabbing
    5. Lying Bastards

Pogmothone wrote: »

That looks like mine after a day off spent in bed with the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I work for one a few companies in the cities that offers tourists "free walking tours" - the companies actually charge the guides per person who goes on them. So if you don't tip your guide he still has to pay for you.

Almost everything in tourism is fed by commission. Hostel staff, guides and tourist information centres are all bull****. Even the most official looking tourist info places in the city charge for info to be displayed. In my industry any tour/pubcrawl/bus transfer a receptionist sells you they are making 20-40 percent on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Oh the chickens reminded me. Dublin zoo has to dye the flamingos pink, their diet in captivity doesn't make them pink naturally!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

What about Big Phil?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 326 ✭✭Savoir.Faire

Name 5?

Wouldn't name five individuals for fear of expressing favouritism. With one notable exception all of our current cabinet ministers work extremely hard. Not all of them are up to their portfolio of course. A significant reshuffle early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Specialun wrote: »
    The russian mafia had a large % in kasperski

They extorted them a couple years back by kidnapping the owners son. He was released unharmed shortly afterwards so presumably they paid or came to some other arrangement. Russian crime is very sophisticated so it wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tonkey

The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word chicken anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated organisms. These so called “chickens” are kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their structure. They have no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them.

That ain't true. It's been proven to be a myth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Chef. I've cum into many a soup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Things about places you've worked at that they don't want the general public to know
    loveBBhate wrote: »
    Tesco use horse meat in their burgers.

They've really kept that one quiet.

Duiske wrote: »
    They've really kept that one quiet.

True so say nothing, well, keep it to this thread if u don't mind :)

Wouldn't name five individuals for fear of expressing favouritism. With one notable exception all of our current cabinet ministers work extremely hard. Not all of them are up to their portfolio of course. A significant reshuffle early next year.

Name 4 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 shizzel

The chicken matrix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I heard the general manager of a department store say that she doesn't want a particular agency girl working in the store because she is too fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

The linen provided to public hospitals is quite often the linen that was too dirty to go to a hotel.

The confidentiality of medical records is not the biggest concern to hospitals and medical records on the end of beds often end up coming back to the companies that supply the hospitals linen with the dirty linen by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

hfallada wrote: »
    That vinegar from a chipper is not actually vinegar. It's made from 20 litre drums of acid diluted down. My co worker said he once split it on the floor and it melted his shoes. The same acid has a warning about damage to lungs.

Unless chipper vinegar is brown its this diluted acid.

Vinegar is ethanoic acid diluted with water.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

hfallada wrote: »
    That vinegar from a chipper is not actually vinegar. It's made from 20 litre drums of acid diluted down. My co worker said he once split it on the floor and it melted his shoes. The same acid has a warning about damage to lungs.

Unless chipper vinegar is brown its this diluted acid.

Errr...duh! everyone in secondary school is taught vinegar is acetic acid diluted with water...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Vinegar is ethanoic acid diluted with water.

Balls You got there before me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Worked in an independent grocers. The bread man came every morning with the fresh bread and the day old stuff that didn't sell he collected went straight to Dunnes and Super Valu. Then again mass produced bread is so full of preservatives it probably didn't matter much.
    Worked in a residential disability unit where medication was used in lieu of adequate staffing to control residents who were bored out of their minds staring at the four walls. A new psychiatrist came in and threatened to expose the whole thing and go the guards. 10 new staff were hired the following week.

Advertisement