Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Penn wrote: »
    I mean, it's actually kinda funny. It's such a stupid idea and the biggest f*ck you to fans of the franchise, while also trying to placate them by having it happen in an alternate dimension so it doesn't affect the MGS story, but then throwing in zombies because zombies...

I'm not lying, if Konami had simply just remade MGS3 in the Fox engine and added in a few new small things, I'd have bought that in a heartbeat. Hell, they already did a bit of work on that for their f*cking Pachinko machine.

But this... this is the stupidest decision they could have possibly made.

I would have bought fox engine versions of old games quite happily.
    Instead they gave us the eagerly anticipated sequel to Snake's Revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

nullzero wrote: »
    I would have bought fox engine versions of old games quite happily.
    Instead they game us the eagerly anticipated sequel to Snake's Revenge.

Should have remade 1. Maybe they are waiting for the 20th anniversary but this looks like what they did with Silent Hill or Capcom did with Resident Evil.
    If they remade 2 & 3 they could fix the controls too that'd be nice....cause they are still bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ERG89 wrote: »
    Should have remade 1. Maybe they are waiting for the 20th anniversary but this looks like what they did with Silent Hill or Capcom did with Resident Evil.
    If they remade 2 & 3 they could fix the controls too that'd be nice....cause they are still bad.

I've never had a problem with MGS2/3 controls.

Sure, they're WEIRD sometimes, but I've never been feeling left helpless or out-of-control - mistakes are made because I wasn't paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

As of the story line isn't confusing enough, released out of sequence ... I really didn't expect to see any more metal gear games. Quite skeptical of how quick this one is being put out. Usually like zelda takes years between games. MGSV will be 18 months old or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

As of the story line isn't confusing enough, released out of sequence ... I really didn't expect to see any more metal gear games. Quite skeptical of how quick this one is being put out. Usually like zelda takes years between games. MGSV will be 18 months old or so

Just repackaging MGSV assets into a few new maps and probably even reuse a few old ones. If I was making predictions I'd say the enemies will likely be the skulls and puppet soldiers AI with a new character model coat of paint.

Misguided is an understatement. So this is what that Konami guy on Reddit was talking about when he said they were gonna win the fans back, Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Was playing this yesterday, on my birthday, and just finished a mission when I got an emergency call to return to base urgently!

Got there and they all came out with a cake and sang happy birthday. Which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Happy Birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Bracken3000

Was playing this yesterday, on my birthday, and just finished a mission when I got an emergency call to return to base urgently!

Amazing they got time to stick this little feature in and not finish the main game proper, priorities all wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Came back to this game after finishing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. Struggling with mission 45 in a Gonna-put-my-controller-through-the-tv kind of way. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

faceman wrote: »
    Came back to this game after finishing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. Struggling with mission 45 in a Gonna-put-my-controller-through-the-tv kind of way. :mad:

Which is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,268 ✭✭✭✭noodler

noodler wrote: »
    Which is that?

Ah I know it now.

Yes took me about a dozen shots.

Get one shotted so often.

I hid in the ridge slightly ahead and to the left of where you start. Eventually I learn the order the vehicles arrive and never come out of hiding except to missile and back in.

faceman wrote:
    Came back to this game after finishing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. Struggling with mission 45 in a Gonna-put-my-controller-through-the-tv kind of way.

Wait til you do the extreme version of that mission and getting an S rank. The ign guide helped alot.

That defending the old building?

That took a while to master. Never managed to fulton all of them.

dreamers75 wrote:
    That took a while to master. Never managed to fulton all of them.

It can take awhile, as I said, IGN guide was helpful with getting the S rank and all the objectives done. You had to develop the skull suit to help to survive it, and the brennan sniper rifle for Quiet to take out the soldiers so you can concentrate on the vehicles.

There is a check point as well at some point which helps so you can learn the layout of the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Emn mines along the main routes and just lie in wait for the tank at the end who hangs back. Fultoned most of them that way. Having to learn the patterns of arrival was annoying. Probably took 10 tries.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

penev10 wrote: »
    Emn mines along the main routes and just lie in wait for the tank at the end who hangs back. Fultoned most of them that way. Having to learn the patterns of arrival was annoying. Probably took 10 tries.

Tried it for 2 hours last night and wasn't even trying to Fulton the tanks. No joy. Even had chicken hat on for a while. Maybe the mistake I made is that I had my sneaking suit on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I recall just hiding behind one of the prisoner huts and using the RPG to kill everything. Constant and numerous resupply drops though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

faceman wrote: »
    Tried it for 2 hours last night and wasn't even trying to Fulton the tanks. No joy. Even had chicken hat on for a while. Maybe the mistake I made is that I had my sneaking suit on?

Battle Dress/Suit is a must. Heavily armoured. Stealth won't be an issue because they pretty much know where you are anyway. Set up as much as possible before the enemies start arriving (mines in the road to take out first few tanks).

Took me a lot of tries too. B*tch of a mission.

Well that's 100% of MGSV complete, shame I'll never really feel it is 100% with how the game ended.

Got back playing this after a hiatus and finished the game with a 60% completion.

Such an anticlimax with how unfinished it was. Had to google to see if I really was done having some level 46. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fair hard game to get back into if you leave it for a few months. Would love to start it all over again but would want to set nearly a month aside haha!

faceman wrote:
    Such an anticlimax with how unfinished it was. Had to google to see if I really was done having some level 46. Shame.

Yep, same here, I was thinking it was another wacky gaming moment from Kojima before the game continued on but sadly not.

When I went looking it up, fans were going mad about how it ended except the hardcore Kojima fanboys. They got very defensive about it.

Yep, same here, I was thinking it was another wacky gaming moment from Kojima before the game continued on but sadly not.

When I went looking it up, fans were going mad about how it ended except the hardcore Kojima fanboys. They got very defensive about it.

Kojima has said it was unfinished but he had to get it out the door and himself also out the door.

Not an MGS fan so this was my 1st to complete and it is a very very good game but makes fcuk all sense.

dreamers75 wrote:
    Not an MGS fan so this was my 1st to complete and it is a very very good game but makes fcuk all sense.

Ah I know it can be a bit of mad game story from Kojima. I've played them since MGS on the PS1 so I'm used to it but even the way he was going with it in MGSV wasn't good.

Maybe it would have come to a good conclusion if he had the time to finish, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ah I know it can be a bit of mad game story from Kojima. I've played them since MGS on the PS1 so I'm used to it but even the way he was going with it in MGSV wasn't good.

Maybe it would have come to a good conclusion if he had the time to finish, maybe.

Maybe, but he had years upon years already at that stage and many many millions.

Corvo wrote:
    Maybe, but he had years upon years already at that stage and many many millions.

Yep, that's true. He went a bit over the top with its development, maybe knowing it would be his last. Plus they built the Fox Engine which took time and cash too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Lol,what a prologue,had no idea what was going on with the different characters but it certainly was a spectacle.

I played the original back in the day and one or two after that but never kept up with the series.

Picked the game up for €8 in gamestop on PC the other day so i reckon just the sandbox should be worth it for that alone. If the story keeps me interested in anyway great but if not i wont be bothered.

On a side note the fox engine is seriously impressive,even in cutscenes,none of the usual stuttery 30fps crap here which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah the engine is fantastic :)

Been playing it again on the Xbox - Have almost put another 100 hours in on top of the 100 I did on the PC release. It really is a brilliant game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

EoinHef wrote: »
    Lol,what a prologue,had no idea what was going on with the different characters but it certainly was a spectacle.

I played the original back in the day and one or two after that but never kept up with the series.

Picked the game up for €8 in gamestop on PC the other day so i reckon just the sandbox should be worth it for that alone. If the story keeps me interested in anyway great but if not i wont be bothered.

On a side note the fox engine is seriously impressive,even in cutscenes,none of the usual stuttery 30fps crap here which is nice.

The story is unlikely to make a lick of sense. Not just because you've skipped a few of the games, but a) it's Kojima approaching his most mental and b) so much of the story was gutted or abandoned to the point where it's pretty much unfinished.

However, the gameplay is a joy and the game engine is fantastic. It's still a great game regardless of some of the issues it has. You'll definitely sink a good few hours into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

To those of you on 100 hours, what do you tend to do after completing the story line? Do you replay missions or just wander around hurting innocent Soviet soldiers?

Does anyone bother much with the fob stuff?

I've just finished the story, bar the last two extreme missions that I sincerely couldn't be arsed with, but don't think there's much left to keep me entertained

Advertisement