Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

SeantheMan wrote: »
    This debate again ? ...it's been going around since it was announced 2 years ago or whatever.
    I think the consensus is/was that Kiefer did a fine job as Big Boss, that Big Boss is a different character to 'Snake'.
    Solidus, Liquid and Big Boss (In MGS4) had different voice actors.

He doesn't make the game better or worse for me, he was totally acceptable and believable (and barely has any lines compared to other MGS games anyways)

Yeh I got used to him quickly (even though he has very little monologue) and think he suits Big Boss perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Has anyone had any problems with gmp disappearing? I switched it on today and thought I had about 2 or 3 million less than I had last night, just went downstairs for 20 minutes and I definitely dropped from 19 million to 16 million when I came back up :eek: didn't get invaded, developed nothing, nothing to do with offline/online, I was just sat in the helicopter the entire time.

The boyfriend has also had his entire espionage score erased twice, once overnight and the second time in-between fob missions.

We've both also completed fob missions successfully to get no rewards whatsoever. Happened me once or twice but it's happened him a few more times.

Glitchy game??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

When I booted up offline when I had no net I was suddenly put into the red in GMP. Had more than enough before I went offline and nothing real-time could've happened because again... completetly offline.

Tethered my phone to get online and sent off on some online GMP dispatch missions. They'll be done in 6 days (lol that F2P grind). In the meantime I sold some resources like plants, vehicles etc to get out of the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just had this scene a while ago! Sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys, looking for your opinion, as someone who only ever played the original back on the original PS, would this be worth picking up and playing through on PS4, can be got for 29.99 in Aros or would I be lost not having played 2-4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hi Guys, looking for your opinion, as someone who only ever played the original back on the original PS, would this be worth picking up and playing through on PS4, can be got for 29.99 in Aros or would I be lost not having played 2-4?

No, it plays perfectly fine as a standalone game without the series. It ties back to the Ground Zeroes though which was like a mini prequel, was free with ps+ at one stage but sure it can be gotten cheap as well.

I highly recommend it as a stealth game alone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    No, it plays perfectly fine as a standalone game without the series. It ties back to the Ground Zeroes though which was like a mini prequel, was free with ps+ at one stage but sure it can be gotten cheap as well.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I highly recommend it as a stealth game alone anyway.

Cheers sheehy can't go too wrong for 30 quid I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah you can definitely play it as a stand-alone game. Well worth it.

You might get confused a small bit with the storyline, but sure even if you knew all the games inside out, it'd still be hard to stay on track :D
    Anyway there is far more game play (and less cut scenes) in MGS V compared to the previous games.

WTF is that?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    WTF is that?

It's going to be a pachinko game I think. Basically a Japanese slot machine.

Wow, Konami sure know how to give the fans what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"Oh my God... Are they going to remake MGS3 with the Fo...it's a pachinko machine, isn't it..."

#FucKonami

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

First of many soulless cash in's.
    From groundbreaking stealth action to... Slot machines.
    Could somebody buy the metal gear franchise from these loonies please?

They'll probably sit on that FOX engine and never sell or release it to the public. Slot machines and copyright trolls. Despicable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

PUSH THE LEVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xboxgamer1982

Still haven't played this .just finished ground zeros which was good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

posted 9 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

They'll probably sit on that FOX engine and never sell or release it to the public. Slot machines and copyright trolls. Despicable.

I don't get the sarcasm in your post.. what's the copyright trolling thing about? hadn't heard that.

Pachinko is also stupidly popular is it not?

@ SirLemonhead

It just reminded me of Creative Technology Ltd taking legal action Aureal Semiconductor to the point of (Aureal's) bankrupcy then sitting on the A3D API without ever doing anything with or properly selling/releasing it to another company or the public who could actually make use of it.Copyright trolls if I've ever heard of em'.

For Konami nobody got sued but I feel like the whole situation is similar to Kojima's last spout with them, the way he spear-headed FOX Engine and now cannot lay a hand on it... while Konami do jack shyte but make pachinko machines and have said clearly they're not so hot about video games anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Comparison between PS2 and slot machine bullshít...

http://thathomestar.tumblr.com/post/147468242692/walkergears-metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater

You want me to beg, Konami? Is that it? Because I'll beg.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Playing through offline and seem to have hit a bump.

I can't seem to call a helicopter to get off motherbase :pac:
    Issue arose right after a cutscene with Quiet
    The one where's she's dancing in the rain

Now after its over and I seem to be stuck here.
    Do I need to trigger another cutscene? I've checked her cell and she's not there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Playing through offline and seem to have hit a bump.

I can't seem to call a helicopter to get off motherbase :pac:
    Issue arose right after a cutscene with Quiet
    The one where's she's dancing in the rain

Now after its over and I seem to be stuck here.
    Do I need to trigger another cutscene? I've checked her cell and she's not there.
    Got around it,had to pick an old mission,the one where you assault motherbase,then choose restart mission from the pause screen.
    It then triggered a new cut scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The new MGS game Survive looks like one of those co op Resident Evil games they release now for an audience from 2008.
    Survival could have been a cool concept for it but they failed to hit the target

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

All aboard the down-vote train!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

ERG89 wrote: »
    The new MGS game Survive looks like one of those co op Resident Evil games they release now for an audience from 2008.
    Survival could have been a cool concept for it but they failed to hit the target

Jumping Jesus that game looks terrible.
    The milking of the franchise begins in earnest.
    Hopefully they fail miserably with this and other such releases and sell the franchise on.

RIP Metal Gear Franchise
    July 7, 1987 - August 17, 2016

#FucKonami

If they had added this into the multiplayer for Phantom Pain I might have actually played it but yeah Konami

• Advertisement

I mean, it's actually kinda funny. It's such a stupid idea and the biggest f*ck you to fans of the franchise, while also trying to placate them by having it happen in an alternate dimension so it doesn't affect the MGS story, but then throwing in zombies because zombies...

I'm not lying, if Konami had simply just remade MGS3 in the Fox engine and added in a few new small things, I'd have bought that in a heartbeat. Hell, they already did a bit of work on that for their f*cking Pachinko machine.

But this... this is the stupidest decision they could have possibly made.

Edit: Oh I can't wait for next week's Jimquisition :D

Advertisement