Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've finished Chapter 1 today
    killing Sahlenthropus
    is Chapter 2 worth playing through?

I've heard that its not as good as the first and unfinished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

I've finished Chapter 1 today
    killing Sahlenthropus
    is Chapter 2 worth playing through?

I've heard that its not as good as the first and unfinished.
    There's some stuff worth seeing in chapter 2 and it's only 5 or 6 new missions. It is very unfinished though, it doesn't end it just stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Currently 19 main missions into the game and have about 15 side-ops done, is it just me or is the game repetitive?

Feel myself getting bored. Shud I stick at it?

Currently 19 main missions into the game and have about 15 side-ops done, is it just me or is the game repetitive?

wow and you saying that after only 15 side ops, only 150 to go :D

To be honest no , unless you buy into the making mother base stronger angle and feel like extracting several hundred enemies via fulton you're not getting much more out of this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

you've seen everything the game has to offer. I got super bored with this game fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Thanks for the replies lads, mite move on to something else and return occasionally to do the odd mission.

This might sound mental but the open world approach has hurt what MGS was about for ne. When you were more restricted, Kojima could mould the story more and you seemed to walk into more varied situations/ set ups. Now it seems most camps/missions can be approached in pretty much the same way, which has gotten tedious for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

Totally agree i enjoyed MSGv but i think the open world didnt really help it. I haven't been playing it at all lately i must finish it. I enjoy the game but yet have no compulsion to go back and finish it. Too busy with fallout 4 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Warped Hyperdriver

I think the open world actually helps. There's loads of ways to sneak through or take out enemies because of it. MGSV has the greatest replay value of all the Metal Gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Corvo

I think the open world actually helps. There's loads of ways to sneak through or take out enemies because of it. MGSV has the greatest replay value of all the Metal Gears.

Get to ****. The game is designed that the optimal way for you to play it is Fulton enemies. It's the very opposite of Not Open

Well finally finished missions 45 and 46. Chapter 2 was a dissappointment but i was expecting that anyway. Its a real shame we never got Kojimas final vision of the game but i still enjoyed it for the most part.
    Pretty annoyed with Quiets ending though. Her just dissappearing to get caught by Russians seemed pretty pointless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

As frustrating as the intro/finish of each separate mission are there is some incredible missions in it. It's the shear tension of some of them that keeps me coming back but keeps the game fresh for me too as I wouldn't be able to binge play it.

I'm very slowly making my way through it as I only get to play maximum about 5/6 hours a week.

My favourite mission so far is "Where The Bees Sleep":
    Nice 75mins+ (depending on how you play it) long mission with many tense spots in it. Trying to separate the prisoner the the three guards surrounding him is tough.

I still do sigh quite a bit in the game though when I'm doing a side ops mission and the nearest landing zone is 1500 meters away from the area.

I'm also finding it very difficult to get 'S' ranks. I'd assume you probably have to get all of the hidden objectives too to get it.

How was this game received generally, as I've been afraid to check reviews in case of spoilers?

One big gripe I have with the game so far is the LACK of cutscenes. That's what makes MGS for me. I enjoy games like Uncharted almost moreso for their cutscenes sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

callaway92 wrote: »
    I'm also finding it very difficult to get 'S' ranks. I'd assume you probably have to get all of the hidden objectives too to get it.
    Speed, no alerts, and no kills are the main criteria for S ranks. Some side objectives take so long to do that you won't get an S rank if you complete them. There are exceptions of course like mission 4 C2W where
    you can open up the landing zone in the base and come in guns blazing on the helicopter, shoot the 3 antennas, and get out for an easy S rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

[QUOTE=callaway92;98803067}I'm also finding it very difficult to get 'S' ranks. I'd assume you probably have to get all of the hidden objectives too to get it.[/QUOTE]

As evade said, getting a S rank for a mission is nearly always about speed and no alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

struggling to rank up my troops, medical base development and r and d are all around the 80 mark bt cant get any higher. anyone got any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Borisgem8

When is the online for PC suposta begin for this game? I could have sworn I read this month, but I could be wrong. I been waiting for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 RadiationKing

MGO for the PC has been out since last month. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm still slowly making my way though this (only game I'm playing at the moment). Too busy with other stuff so just get to play a few hours a week.

Finished Mission 18 now where
    you rescue the kids from the mine.

Have all of the side ops done up to this point too which I enjoy doing as you can sit down for an hour and fly through a few of them.

I know I'm late to the party, but this is an incredible game, probably one of the best I've ever played. Every main mission and cutscenes are tense. I actually wish there were more cutscenes to be honest. The thing that's frustrating me is how long it is taking to build up fire resources to help with base development.

I find myself only using D-Dog for every mission too and if it's a main mission I bring a vehicle. Is there any reason to use Quiet/D-Walker/Horse instead of the dog? I also use pretty much the same loadout for every mission bar the odd one where C4 or other explosives are needed. Stun and ZZZ guns only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

RopeDrink wrote: »
    D-Dog is handy - but Quiet is still No.1.

Pffft. I'll never ever understand why anybody thinks Quiet is useful. Slow rate of fire, can't faceshot and instead shoots helmets (has worst aim in the game lol), requires constant direction and commands, kills either indiscriminately or too late (shot me once), never ending humming into mic with no actual feedback (even d-dogs barks give you a better idea) and can barely tank some crossfire before running away and taking a few years to set up camp to just repeat the process.

Meanwhile D-Walker can permanently mark enemies, further than quiet and D-Dog, listens to every order without issue, doesn't have a 'relationship', never gets upset or angry, doesn't huff, bark or hum - Always responds methodically and correclty about which mode it's in. Has loadouts to fit any situation - can out-machinegun a helicopter, can out manevour D-Horse and almost par speed, can out-tank Quiet, looks for targets and even engages targets with A.I loadout if you wish. Can set crap on fire, electrocute KO enemies, ultra-CQC them, HF-Blade chop the feck out of armour, fulton-shoot enemies and vehicles (lol fulton-sniping armour).

Don't get me wrong, D-Horse and D-Dog had their time and uses. Quiet never did.

Quick highlight of me using him today https://www.twitch.tv/mrdaylight/v/58100893

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

RopeDrink wrote: »
    D-Dog is handy - but Quiet is still No.1.

If she would shut the fcuk up maybe

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhmmmmmhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wright wrote: »
    If she would shut the fcuk up maybe

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhmmmmmhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

Man that's what i thought as well but by the end of the game it's one of the biggest things i miss about it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I only found Quiet useful when our relationship was strong enough for me to buy her tranq gun silenced

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

D-Dog all the way for me.... A man's best friend :D

I got too annoyed when using Quiet.

And I'll admit I have never used D-Walker during any mission :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

D-Dog all the way for me.... A man's best friend :D

I got too annoyed when using Quiet.

And I'll admit I have never used D-Walker during any mission :o

Id love to use D-Walker but it's so expensive to upgrade it!

I love Quiet. Used her pretty exclusively once she became available. Also I always found her humming very soothing. Like it reminded me she had my back as I was sneaking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I mostly used D-Dog. Only used Quiet the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/28/metal-gear-solid-actor-david-hayter-has-no-particular-love-for-hideo-kojima/

David Hayter, the veteran voice actor known for voicing the various iterations of Metal Gear Solid’s Snake, has spoken out about his relationship with series creator Hideo Kojima, why he may never play Metal Gear Solid 5, and a lot more.
    Hayter told GameInformer he was not surprised to hear that he won’t return to play Snake in The Phantom Pain, revealing that Kojima has been trying to find a replacement for him since as far back as Snake Eater.
    I had to re-audition for Metal Gear 3 to play Naked Snake,” Hayter said. “They made me re-audition to play Old Snake, and the whole time, they were trying to find somebody else to do it.
    I heard that Kojima asked one of the producers on Metal Gear Solid 3 to ask Kurt Russell if he would take over for that game. He didn’t want to do it.

So if true, Hayter being replaced was on the cards for a long time. But why? His voice is Snake. Ok one may argue since MGS3 was Big Boss they wanted a different voice actor originally. You could kinda see why as they are meant to be two different people (clone or not). But to think twice about him voicing older snake in MGS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/28/metal-gear-solid-actor-david-hayter-has-no-particular-love-for-hideo-kojima/

So if true, Hayter being replaced was on the cards for a long time. But why? His voice is Snake. Ok one may argue since MGS3 was Big Boss they wanted a different voice actor originally. You could kinda see why as they are meant to be two different people (clone or not). But to think twice about him voicing older snake in MGS4?

Hayter reckons Kojima wasn't too happy about him receiving a lot of attention and fandom after MGS1 when Kojima saw himself as the superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Such a shame, Hayter IS Snake. The voice is inconic. I'm playing through V now for the first time and much as I love Keifer I can't place him as Big Boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Such a shame, Hayter IS Snake. The voice is inconic. I'm playing through V now for the first time and much as I love Keifer I can't place him as Big Boss.

PS3 version only 20 quid in argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This debate again ? ...it's been going around since it was announced 2 years ago or whatever.
    I think the consensus is/was that Kiefer did a fine job as Big Boss, that Big Boss is a different character to 'Snake'.
    Solidus, Liquid and Big Boss (In MGS4) had different voice actors.

He doesn't make the game better or worse for me, he was totally acceptable and believable (and barely has any lines compared to other MGS games anyways)

Advertisement