Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

It took a couple of hours today... but I managed to capture all 47 animals. I had 28 captured before today. I looked at a YouTube video in order to get any of the remaining ones. I don't know how you'd manage it without some help.

On my long finger and things to do list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

On my long finger and things to do list :D

Haha yeah I was pretty bored today :D

Over the past few days I've also completed all Side-ops and collected all delivery invoices, posters, and photos.
    I have 15 of the 20 important combat deployment missions done, I'm not sure how I'll complete the remaining 5 without sacrificing some very decent S-ranked soldiers. I have 19 out of the 20 blueprints, but you get the last one when you complete important combat deployment mission #20. And I have 3 key items to get, but I can't see myself getting an S-rank in every mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone get so bored they completed a side op without leaving the chopper?

There are 3 this works on, that I know off :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

dreamers75 wrote: »

Which missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

It works on main ops too. I used it to S rank Subsistence C2W.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »

And also the original version of the C2W mission (#4) :)

Never tried it on that.

it works on side ops when you unlocked "closer?" drop offs and upgraded the chopper.

Will play it morrow and post up the 3 I know off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm about an hour and a half into this game. Does it get better (actual gameplay instead of a collection of cutscenes)? Got better **** to be doing than being interrupted by cutscenes after 10 seconds of gameplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Just finished mission 18. I'm really annoyed that it's impossible to finish the mission stealthy. The only way to do it stealthy is with a upgraded fulton which I don't have access to yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

Just finished mission 18. I'm really annoyed that it's impossible to finish the mission stealthy. The only way to do it stealthy is with a upgraded fulton which I don't have access to yet.

If you destroy the anti- air radar you can call in a chopper closer to the mine and skip the trek through the jungle. Worked for me!

• Advertisement

MontyChips wrote: »
    If you destroy the anti- air radar you can call in a chopper closer to the mine and skip the trek through the jungle. Worked for me!

Did you know that before doing the mission? I was at the last checkpoint when I discovered there was no possible way to finish it stealthily. It's a real shame you can only access your most recent autosave.

Did you know that before doing the mission? I was at the last checkpoint when I discovered there was no possible way to finish it stealthily. It's a real shame you can only access your most recent autosave.
    Chances are you won't be able to total stealth every mission on your first try.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

No, took me a few tries. Really struggled with that mission for awhile. Just abort or restart the mission from the beginning, destroy the anti-air radar and a landing zone should appear just outside the mine if memory serves correct!

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm about an hour and a half into this game. Does it get better (actual gameplay instead of a collection of cutscenes)? Got better **** to be doing than being interrupted by cutscenes after 10 seconds of gameplay

Yep. It'll actually get to the stage when you'll be wondering if there are any cutscenes remaining in the game. It'll be about 85% gameplay and 15% cutscenes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Stopped playing this just before Christmas when I got Battlefront and just turned MGS back on tonight. What's happened? I got a hell of a lot of new rewards giving me millions of GMP and goodies! Like rewards for completing missions already done etc!

MontyChips wrote: »
    No, took me a few tries. Really struggled with that mission for awhile. Just abort or restart the mission from the beginning, destroy the anti-air radar and a landing zone should appear just outside the mine if memory serves correct!

Yeah it's a seriously frustrating mission. The A.I is for the kids is terrible.

Still waiting for someone to share how to complete missions with an S rank from the ACC?! :confused:

Anyway, I'm a few missions into Chapter 2 and I'm loving it a lot more than chapter 1. The enemies are tougher and the story is progressing at a better rate. Side ops have introduced plenty of important missions.

faceman wrote: »
    Still waiting for someone to share how to complete missions with an S rank from the ACC?! :confused:

Mission 4 C2W and Mission 33 Subsistence C2W

From here.

If you disabled the Anti-Air Radar at the Eastern Communications Post then do the following:
    • Choose the Eastern Communications Post as the landing site
    • When the chopper gets near the Eastern Communications Post, equip the chopper minigun and shoot all three satellite dishes at the outpost
    • If done correctly, all three satellites will be blown up and you can leave the hot zone in under 2 minutes and get the S-Rank without even stepping foot on the ground

Sorry forgot.

Any side that says destroy the armour: 3 I know of.

To the south of the airfield in africa.
    The place you meet Quiet (this is hard and your chopper needs to be well enforced but doable.
    To the south of the 1st town you enter in Africa.

You basicaly fly in close and use the minigun to kill the armour, you must have the AA down before hand in all of these.

I would think you could do the Eliminate the Heavy Infantry side ops if they're close enough to a landing zone too.

• Advertisement

I would think you could do the Eliminate the Heavy Infantry side ops if they're close enough to a landing zone too.

They wander about, tried it on a few of them usually had to hunt one of them down.

Plus later in the game they usually A+ so Yoink!!!

Plus later in the game they usually A+ so Yoink!!!
    That's why I never tried mowing them down from the helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any word on the iDroid app working with iOS9 yet? I really found it handy in Ground Zeroes so am disappointed it still isn't working.

When I heard there was a D-Dos attack on the site, I assumed the updates would be posted here? :D

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

Picked this up today. Posted a question a long time ago if I could run it on an i5-2000k and gtx 460 with 8gb ram. Below the minimum specs in all but Ram.

Turns out it runs great. Haven't run any FPS counters but it looks great to me and seems to play very well.

Sure it might look way better on an i7 and a gtx 960 but I'm happy it even ran !

Just so anyone in the same boat as me spec wise has an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm debating whether to pick this up again after getting a new PS4. Is anyone playing MGO?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Why would you need to buy it again? And I only play it here and there on steam. Waiting for the big update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I sold my PS4 and games (MGSV happened to be physical) to my friend when I went travelling.

Now I'm in a different country with a new PS4. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm debating whether to pick this up again after getting a new PS4. Is anyone playing MGO?

Ya there's always games online and usually full.

Getting a bit sick of the same maps though since there are very few. They are only varied through day/night then.

The only mode I play really is Bounty Hunter and usually play as a CQC guy using the Stealth Camo. Pretty damn satisfying catching someone and fultoning them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

tok9 wrote: »
    I sold my PS4 and games (MGSV happened to be physical) to my friend when I went travelling.

Now I'm in a different country with a new PS4. :D

Sounds like you'd be better off investing in a high-end laptop for some gaming on the go if you travel a lot.

Anyway the meta of MGO3 is trash. It's peer-to-peer connection, no knife weapon (essential for CQC engagements in MGO2), one class is useless and Enforcer has better intel-gathering perks than the intel class. Another class gets a better sniper quicker than the scout class.

Because it's peer-to-peer, the latency is super high. I've died behind cover a lot because the bullets didn't register soon enough so I was still running for cover even though the game had already decided I was dead but the network didn't deliver it to me in time. Frustrating as hell. It just takes one person to come in with wireless internet of from Zimbabwe and the whole game turns to shyte.

There's less recoil in 3rd person than there is in 1st person. And 'recoil' overall in MGSV is not real recoil anyway... which makes one of the assault rifles (I forget the name) pretty much the only non-explosive weapon worth using. Every other weapon quite literally makes no sense to use if you understand the meta. This might be different if you're playing with a gamepad since you'll need more spray n' pray guns so maybe LMG snipers (burst fire with them, they're still absurdly accurate) but I know for a fact mouse there is one rifle to rule them all and that the recoil and accuracy perks are a waste of space much like dog-fighting turning sensitivity perks are useless to KB/M mouse users in Planetside 2 but almost essential for the console version if fighting air to air.

The update incoming for all platforms makes body shots do less damage and headshots do more damage so it's going back to MGO2 damage... accuracy will be more important which is good because it rewards more skillful play. Knife will be back thank the lord and I can only assume most if not nearly all the weapons will get balancing adjustments as well as the progression of classes... which were a terrible idea in the first place and have added nothing but segmented grind to the game.

The new levels are just more places from the story mode and and they're calling it DLC. If they're charging for levels from the base game then I think it will seal MGO3's fate. There's also cosmetic animations so instead of saluting you do a dance or pose or something. They'll charge MB coins for that. :rolleyes:

Advertisement