Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Is Game On definitely getting the axe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sports Bra

iseegirls wrote: »
    Is Game On definitely getting the axe?

its not getting axed but its moving to Radio 1

Makes more sense to have it on Radio 1, I couldn't understand why they had a sports programme on a pop music station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

If that schedule does turn out to be true, then there's going to be a hell of a lot of shows on 2FM.

I'm guessing Lottie Ryan's show would be some sort of hour/half-hour long entertainment news roundup rather than a music driven show. Then probably Louise McSharry 7:30/8-10 and Stephen Byrne 10-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Sports Bra wrote: »

So most likely both Tubridy and the nightly sports sports show which were moved from R1 to 2FM a few years back will be moving back to R1 . . . only in RTE!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Red Fred wrote: »
    So most likely both Tubridy and the nightly sports sports show which were moved from R1 to 2FM a few years back will be moving back to R1 . . . only in RTE!!

But they had to make room for Lottie Ryan somewhere!

But they had to make room for Lottie Ryan somewhere!

Oh yeah . . or should that be totes amazeballs, omg lioke?!!

Sports Bra wrote: »

Does that mean Arena is getting the axe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

The same thing happened with Dave Fanning, they moved him to R1 in 2006 only to move him back to 2fm again in 2009. Also Larry Gogan has moved from weekdays to weekends to weekdays to weekends again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh yeah . . or should that be totes amazeballs, omg lioke?!!

Lads come on lottie isn't that bad. Fair enough she wasn't that good at the start but she's hardly that bad now. She's getting better.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads come on lottie isn't that bad. Fair enough she wasn't that good at the start but she's hardly that bad now. She's getting better.

No.

No she's not!

The same thing happened with Dave Fanning, they moved him to R1 in 2006 only to move him back to 2fm again in 2009. Also Larry Gogan has moved from weekdays to weekends to weekdays to weekends again.

I'm not a fan of Fanning but his R1 7p.m. show was quite listenable back then. To quote Brendan Balfe in his book in reference to the axing of his highly successful Saturday show, Balfe Street: "RTE's motto is: If it's not broken - break it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

She has 1,000 listeners. I wonder how much she gets paid, it definitely wouldn't be cover by the ad revenue.

I holding on to notion that the op was a wind-up, because Lottie Ryan being handed a weekly 7pm radio show would be fairly outrageous. It would outdo any other blatant Irish nepotism that I can think of. Unless, of course, Rex Ryan's sitcom does actually get commissioned by 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Dont forget Gerry Ryan's brother (Mike) still works in RTE radio

Dont forget Gerry Ryan's brother (Mike) still works in RTE radio

Does he?!! I didn't know that. Eamonn Andrews was their uncle, who happened to be the chairman of the Radio Eireann Authority for a time back in the 60's...small world.

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    Does he?!! I didn't know that. Eamonn Andrews was their uncle, who happened to be the chairman of the Radio Eireann Authority for a time back in the 60's...small world.

Isn't Andrews related to Tubridy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I never listened to her show but I do hear her do the celeb goss which I don't like. Not because of her but just because it is pushing this celeb (A - Z) obsession on listeners.

Maybe it's an age thing but I'd rather music news on a radio station than info about new photos of the marriage of two The Only Way is Essex people being released as she reported yesterday .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm not a fan of Fanning but his R1 7p.m. show was quite listenable back then. To quote Brendan Balfe in his book in reference to the axing of his highly successful Saturday show, Balfe Street: "RTE's motto is: If it's not broken - break it"

Brendan Balfe has a book? How did I not know this? Must track it down...

Brendan Balfe has a book? How did I not know this? Must track it down...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Radio-Man-Brendan-Balfe/dp/0717142396

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I'm sorry but I just don't think he's funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a funny guy but that doesn't make him a DJ. If they insist on putting him and lottie on the airwaves they should put them on together so at least it will only be one show we'll all have to avoid. I really can't see where he would fit into the schedule.

Isn't Andrews related to Tubridy?

Yeah, his grandfather Todd Andrews was chairman of the RTE Authority. I'm fairly sure David Andrews has said that he got Tubridy into RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What the frig is 2FM?............. A well paid FAS training scheme!

mikom wrote: »
    What the frig is 2FM?............. A well paid FAS training scheme!

At least if they went through FAS they would have some training!

Lottie Ryan sounds like she's no experience of radio whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

So 2 years on, Healy is 'radically overhauling' the schedule .. 2 years too late and pointless considering the station still does not know what it is or wants to be.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

To be fair heybaby, a schedule similar to that posted in Post #361 would at least be somewhat cohesive and would at least lend itself to the station developing a sense of identity.

Now, that suggested schedule has some abysmal shows in it, but they all sort of (sort of) fit together, unlike the current mish-mash of genres.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This station needs relaunching from scratch I feel now, no point in shuffling the good presenters around if it means the station has no continuity with the worthwhile shows being padded with ****e like Breakfast Republic and Driveby.

Was driving along the N71 the last day where large swathes of the road have no coverage bar the four RTE stations, and being honest Colm Hayes & Al Porter would make you want to drive at speed through the armco barrier.

Having something like UK R1 with mostly music and the odd bit of chat would be much better than this drivel.

An number of young male homosexual presenters seem to be popping up on 2fm all of a sudden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

An number of young male homosexual presenters seem to be popping up on 2fm all of a sudden.

..and they all sound the same, except the eoghan guy who sounds like fozzie bear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement