Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

walshb wrote: »
    Interesting. Similar to a person who is obese. Both trying to reach a goal. But, in pursuing that goal you could become unhappy and tired and irritable etc. And you may never reach it. That is what needs to be factored in. Not everyone who reaches a desired weight or healthy weight becomes more happy for it.

BS - everyone has goals. But the writer never mentioned her goal is to loose weight. She's happy just as she is apparantly. Ososlo on the other hand is waiting for the day she breaks 3 minutes so she can change her name!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

walshb wrote: »
    Interesting. Similar to a person who is obese. Both trying to reach a goal. But, in pursuing that goal you could become unhappy and tired and irritable etc. And you may never reach it. That is what needs to be factored in. Not everyone who reaches a desired weight or healthy weight becomes more happy for it.

No I won't become those things because trying is so much fun. If I don't reach it I will have lost nothing compared to what an obese person will lose if they don't reach theirs. It's win win for me.

we better start ranting again or ultramsn will be along..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cleanman wrote: »
    Ososlo on the other hand is waiting for the day
    she breaks 3 minutes so she can change her name!!

Christ, I'm only realising that's how you say her name. I've always read it as Oslo, or being Oslo related or something :o

• Registered Users Posts: 54,943 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ososlo wrote: »
    No I won't become those things because trying is so much fun. If I don't reach it I will have lost nothing compared to what an obese person will lose if they don't reach theirs. It's win win for me.

we better start ranting again or ultramsn will be along..

That's you. That's not everyone. Many people do become sad and unhappy and irritable when trying to reach a goal. Doesn't matter what that goal is, if it is difficult and tough to reach it may not be all that enjoyable a ride. And even if you do reach it it may not be as satisfying and uplifting as you had imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Five minutes ago I was very happy watching Jeremy Kyle eating a packet of fig rolls, but now I'm sad.

• Advertisement

SeanPuddin wrote: »
    Five minutes ago I was very happy watching Jeremy Kyle eating a packet of fig rolls, but now I'm sad.

Is that because you reached your goal of getting to the end of a Jeremy Kyle show without switching over?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Obesity Articles in the Indo - who gives a $hit. What do you expect from a tabloid.

In other news 'Syria air raids' / 'Pistorious' / 'The Y Case'

Bad day........... Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Could it be that focusing on our looks distracts us from our real problems? After all, it's probably easier to blame the things that are going wrong in your life on your flabby thighs and fat stomach, rather than tackling the possibly more painful and frightening task of investigating what is actually going on inside your head.

Ive no problem with that comment from her article. Many people have other underlying problems that cause the issues. No amount of dieting/exercise/shame will work for those. A good message. Fair play to her for getting on with her career and life in the way she does (knowing that muppets will target her). Very admirable. In her position Id hide (and be miserable) most likely.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Christ, I'm only realising that's how you say her name. I've always read is as Oslo, or being Oslo related or something :o

I was the same for ages. And only figured it out when she introduced herself to me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Christ, I'm only realising that's how you say her name. I've always read is as Oslo, or being Oslo related or something :o

mentally ososlo

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    mentally ososlo

I've been let down by skipping the whole text speak thing. I can write solutions for complex accounting issues quicker than I can decipher some peoples text messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Is EVERYONE reproducing this year? Frighteningly large number of baby pictures in my FB news feed from various people I knew from college etc...

It's a sign!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

SamforMayo wrote: »
    It's a sign!

Eh no ted.

dukeraoul wrote: »
    Now yer talkin TJ!!! 'hon GAA

Rant: the term 'hon - muck savage Hiberno- English at its worst...

Reason number 2 million I'm glad to live inside the pale ;)

And we country folk are most thankful you do too!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Eh no ted.
    AH.. go on, go on, go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

long time Boardsies closing their accounts or not posting anymore.

I was wondering who you were on about / had prompted that one in particular. Copped tonight it was claralara. :(

This place is hemorrhaging quality posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rant = my evil ball-ox Ford Focus which broke down today causing me to miss work and more than likely miss my target 10 mile race tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Berlin Marathon newsletters

Martin Mc Guinness saying he came to call Ian Paisley a friend. I doubt it! This out pouring of grief from Sinn Fein is so false. I have no interest in either sides extreme views but what ever you are please don't be false.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Martin Mc Guinness saying he came to call Ian Paisley a friend. I doubt it! This out pouring of grief from Sinn Fein is so false. I have no interest in either sides extreme views but what ever you are please don't be false.

I don't know - here's the text of the statement he made ...
    Over a number of decades we were political opponents and held very different views on many, many issues but the one thing we were absolutely united on was the principle that our people were better able to govern themselves than any British government. "I want to pay tribute to and comment on the work he did in the latter days of his political life in building agreement and leading unionism into a new accommodation with republicans and nationalists.
    "In the brief period that we worked together in the Office of the First and Deputy First Minister I developed a close working relationship with him which developed into a friendship, which despite our many differences lasted beyond his term in office.
    "I want to send my sincere sympathy to his wife, Eileen, his children and extended family.

Personally I'd take it at face value. They did work together for quite some time. Peoples views can change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Lentils .......my wife is rantin...

I don't know - here's the text of the statement he made ...

Personally I'd take it at face value. They did work together for quite some time. Peoples views can change.

I'm sceptical, working relationship perhaps, friendship I doubt it.

They were known as the chuckle brothers for quite a while because they were often seen joking and laughing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

On the topic of Paisley and Mcguinness.

Two out and out murder sponsoring terrorist scumbags that eventually appreciated the financial gain in coming together and singing from the same hymn sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Gavlor wrote: »
    On the topic of Paisley and Mcguinness.

Two out and out murder sponsoring terrorist scumbags that eventually appreciated the financial gain in coming together and singing from the same hymn sheet.

or: 2 opposing freedom fighters who with maturity realised the futility of violence as a means of leverage and chose the path of peace and dialogue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

ultrapercy wrote: »
    or: 2 opposing freedom fighters who with maturity realised the futility of violence as a means of leverage and chose the path of peace and dialogue ?

Sounds romantic alright.

I wonder if the families of those murdered, missing or injured would share the same misty eyed opinion?

Rant: The fake and phone Paisley praise doing the rounds from our politicians. Sickening.

Rant: Paisley, a freedom fighter?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ultrapercy wrote: »

Or one of each ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2km walk in cycling shoes after my bike shat a brick in the worst possible spot. Grrrrr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement