Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

walshb wrote: »
    Waterford Whispers. Ok, we get it, the first few stories were a bit funny, but F off now.

Rant: poeple who fail to notice the "unfollow" button on social media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Doctors and dere 50 quidez

• Registered Users Posts: 54,959 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ultraman1 wrote: »

Plumbers/sparks and there 80-90 quidz. Make doctors look like paupers.

Plumbersn th/sparks and there 80-90 quidz. Make doctors look like paupers.
    Plumbers at least have d decency to do an hours wrk at least
    Rant ..Vtos paying single dudes €235 to go to school...1sham does a few hrs in my place partime, goes to college as well and earns more dan most people on average wage,even during the summer wen school wasn't on he got paid from vtos ...I'm ringin joe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Absolutely. They should have smoking shelters that are more convenient for the hospital entrances. Right? :confused::)

I think you misunderstood, i find it disgusting they do it, the lengths people go for a cigarette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Plumbers/sparks and there 80-90 quidz. Make doctors look like paupers.

I think a doctor has a higher ratio of victims per hour!

Rant: The phantom headphone cable knotter!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,959 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rant ..Vtos paying single dudes €235 to go to school...1sham does a few hrs in my place partime, goes to college as well and earns more dan most people on average wage,even during the summer wen school wasn't on he got paid from vtos ...I'm ringin joe

I reckon one's health is a little more pressing than a washer on a tap...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

I reckon one's health is a little more pressing than a washer on a tap...:)

Not with these water charges coming in...

Translation :):
    Rant: I take issue with The Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme incentivising young single men to further their education so they may in the future contribute towards society.
    I know of this one fellow who is employed by my very own employer, he holds down a part-time job while also looking to develop himself through the college system.
    Now that's not the issue, the issue is that he's on an unrealistic salary scale not in keeping with his job description and responsibilities and to top it off he also receives holiday pay.
    I'm in such a quandary that I think I might be compelled to make my feelings known via one of this nation's top talk shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Rant: The phantom headphone cable knotter!

Tangle theory. Scientists look into it when they're not creating cures for diseases.

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Translation :):
    I'm only bleedin doin it cos it'd more squileros Dan d scratch and me oulwan makes me come here ...dats a quote from the gentleman in question...and d 11 ***** who liked ur post are banned

I'm only bleedin doin it cos it'd more squileros Dan d scratch and me oulwan makes me come here ...dats a quote from the gentleman in question...

Deep breathing, keep the stress levels low and focus on the big prize buddy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Doctors who write a prescription for an antibiotic and say its up to yourself if you give it to the child?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Doctors who write a prescription for an antibiotic and say its up to yourself if you give it to the child?

They wha?

davedanon wrote: »
    They wha?
    This has happened to me twice, I took the sick child to the doctor(and I don't run in at every sniffle as I cant afford it) and the doctor has a brief look at the child and says well I will give you an antibiotic and sure you decide if they need it. I then said well I came in as temperature was very high and they are very out of sorts etc and the reply I got was its hard to tell if the antibiotic will help it maybe viral. Now I did nt spend 7 years in medical school so I find it hard to tell if its a virus or bacterial infection hence I went to doctor....
    So I spent 50 euro and came away with a dilemma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Have had that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

This has happened to me twice, I took the sick child to the doctor(and I don't run in at every sniffle as I cant afford it) and the doctor has a brief look at the child and says well I will give you an antibiotic and sure you decide if they need it. I then said well I came in as temperature was very high and they are very out of sorts etc and the reply I got was its hard to tell if the antibiotic will help it maybe viral. Now I did nt spend 7 years in medical school so I find it hard to tell if its a virus or bacterial infection hence I went to doctor....
    So I spent 50 euro and came away with a dilemma.

Next time that happens tell him you'll also decide if he needs 50 euro or not.

SeanPuddin wrote: »
    Next time that happens tell him you'll also decide if he needs 50 euro or not.
    Good idea but after the second time I changed doctor. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I'm only bleedin doin it cos it'd more squileros Dan d scratch and me oulwan makes me come here ...dats a quote from the gentleman in question...and d 11 ***** who liked ur post are banned

It's 19 ****s and counting. Looks like you'll be running on your own next February. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good idea but after the second time I changed doctor. :D

I still owe a doctor 50 quid for similar. He charged 100...sorry doc I've only 50 on me..

• Advertisement

Yeah reason for that, is the child is probably only viral at the moment, if the child form gets worst it goes bacterial, then you give them the antibiotic.

Would you prefer he gave you no prescription and two days alter u go back and give him more money just to get the same prescription?

Never keep people happy in this country

Also you need to have the temp for at least three days for the doc to consider it bacterial!!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Things like that contribute to the development of antibiotic resistance - a lot of people will get the prescription anyway and rather than waiting to see will start taking it straight away. Ideally yes, you would go back to the doctor if a suspected viral infection is not clearing up, but that's the problem with the GP system in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Yeah reason for that, is the child is probably only viral at the moment, if the child form gets worst it goes bacterial, then you give them the antibiotic.

Would you prefer he gave you no prescription and two days alter u go back and give him more money just to get the same prescription?

Never keep people happy in this country

Also you need to have the temp for at least three days for the doc to consider it bacterial!!!

Don't get this. Viruses and bacteria are different. Are you saying a virus can go bacterial?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

People on FB groups that ramp up to races in incredibly stupid ways - "can't swim, don't own a bike, can run a 10k - can I do Ironman Wales next year?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

People on FB groups that ramp up to races in incredibly stupid ways - "can't swim, don't own a bike, can run a 10k - can I do Ironman Wales next year?".

Hahaha that's actually awesome... Guaranteed IM tattoo if they do it, that's for sure ;)

davedanon wrote: »
    Don't get this. Viruses and bacteria are different. Are you saying a virus can go bacterial?

Yes, ie a throat infection can be viral, but can turn bacterial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

People passively aggressively stalking your posts, liking a post anytime someone disagrees with you and making snide comments that don't have the stones to directly say who they're trying to slag.

If you ****ing don't like me either say it or ignore me

This forum is a big enough place for many different experiences and opinions...

You know if you knew me at all in real life I think you'd realize I'm not half the dickhead you have built me up to be in your mind.

dukeraoul wrote: »

If you ****ing don't like me either say it or ignore me .
    Can mods organise a poll....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Can mods organise a poll....

Can the weather forum be included too ;)

• Advertisement

Things like that contribute to the development of antibiotic resistance - a lot of people will get the prescription anyway and rather than waiting to see will start taking it straight away. Ideally yes, you would go back to the doctor if a suspected viral infection is not clearing up, but that's the problem with the GP system in Ireland!

Because they charge per visit, they dont in the UK, so people would go back no problem.

Primacare run a great service in Lucan, often gone back a few days later and there be no fee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement