Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

dukeraoul wrote: »
    There is a reason Microsoft is all but extinct and every operating system out there is really just a bad copy of IOS

Lols at clueless generalisers who don't have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My rant isn't about the iPhone. It's about the fact that the release of the iPhone was the second article discussed on the news last night (radio). The second most important thing happening in the world last night, was the release of a new mobile phone. Either there is very little happening in the world right now, or we have a fairly fubar'ed set of priorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Don't forget there was also a poem about it on Primetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

Rant: The fact that I get a warning/ card at the drop of a hat but other posters can talk any **** they want about me yet will no doubt receive nothing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

PaulieC wrote: »
    Lols at clueless generalisers who don't have a clue

Too personal, attack the post, not the poster.
    Rant: The fact that I get a warning/ card at the drop of a hat but other posters can talk any **** they want about me yet will no doubt receive nothing.....

If you have an issue with a post, just report it. Mods don't read every single post on every thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭plodder

I must dig up the photos I took of my wife's iphone after the battery exploded. A poster advised me to take them down and appeal to Apple for a replacement (as it was (well) out if warranty) but no joy. Someone else filled me in. Apple products are fashion items, and meant to last as long as other fashion items. Don't expect them to last any longer than the warranty period anyway.

pconn062 wrote: »

If you have an issue with a post, just report it. Mods don't read every single post on every thread.

Fair enough Pconn. Will just state here I don't anonymously report posts- if I'm gonna call bs on something I'll do it openly and transparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

you're the Luis Suarez of the posting world.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

That's why he is running Frankfurt, afraid of the lynch mob waiting at finish line of DCM for him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Except he doesn't bite in real life......I would have gone with Mario Ballotelli ....."Why always me?":confused:

• Advertisement

Bit psychotic but can't deny my genius? Yeah I'll take that. Good man AMK.

ecoli wrote: »
    That's why he is running Frankfurt, afraid of the lynch mob waiting at finish line of DCM for him :D

A lynch mob of pussies who even if they came in numbers I can outrun by a country mile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

attack ? attack ?? Seriously ? Is that where we are ?

PaulieC wrote: »
    attack ? attack ?? Seriously ? Is that where we are ?

You know what I mean, in debate we generally use the phrase "attack" to refute an opposing argument. I didn't mean physical attack but you knew that already.

Also for the millionth time, if you have an issue with a MOD action, USE THE PM FUNCTION!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

The Rant thread having almost two and half times as many "views" as the Rave thread and almost 3 times as many "comments".

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The rave thread is boring. Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭pointer28

Poxy feckin' long shorts, I look like a frickin' soccerist hooligan.

If they were meant to be long they'd be called "Longs", the clue is in the name.

Also for the millionth time, if you have an issue with a MOD action, USE THE PM FUNCTION!
    Who should we PM though? Is there some kind of underground support group for posters who are being bullied by moderators?

Who should we PM though? Is there some kind of underground support group for posters who are being bullied by moderators?

:confused::confused:

Whose being bullied by a moderator? The site wide rule is that if you have an issue with an action a Mod takes you PM them to discuss it, rather than commenting on thread.

:confused::confused:

Whose being bullied by a moderator? The site wide rule is that if you have an issue with an action a Mod takes you PM them to discuss it, rather than commenting on thread.
    Jaysus. Humour detector is broken.... Too high-brow. I'll go more Benny Hill in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Whose being bullied by a moderator?

Rant: mod posts with incorrect grammar.

Sh*t, I should never have married an English teacher.

Jaysus. Humour detector is broken.... Too high-brow. I'll go more Benny Hill in future.

Sorry, just realised what you meant. I'm a little slower than usual, just spent the last two hours in a dentists chair and the 3 shots of anesthetic I got haven't fully worn off yet!

Rant: mod posts with incorrect grammar.

Sh*t, I should never have married an English teacher.

See above post re. dentist!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

People throwing out perfectly healthy and nutritious food because they cannot comprehend what "best before" actually means.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Is EVERYONE reproducing this year? Frighteningly large number of baby pictures in my FB news feed from various people I knew from college etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Ososlo wrote: »

Saw that yesterday. Love this bit:

"And in case you're wondering, I'm not completely deluded about the risks of obesity. I know that being fat leaves me at greater risk of cancer, heart disease, and any other illness that you can conjure up, and that we fatties are a drain on the health service and a menace to society.

So I'm going to acknowledge those very valid facts, as I lie on the sofa eating crisps and watching Judge Judy - joke!

I could be wrong, but maybe being miserable and stressed also plays a huge role in contributing to overall health, regardless of your actual size.

It is obviously an unscientific observation, but I am never, ever sick, and my friends are all envious of my robust good health. I walk my dogs every day, and am a fit fatty, so to speak.

And yes, I could drop dead of a sudden heart attack tomorrow, but if the unfairness and randomness of life has taught me one thing, it's that it's just as likely to be healthy old you who hits the deck."

Just as likely? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Is EVERYONE reproducing this year? Frighteningly large number of baby pictures in my FB news feed from various people I knew from college etc...

Nah, got the snip to ensure no more of that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Saw that yesterday. Love this bit:

"And in case you're wondering, I'm not completely deluded about the risks of obesity. I know that being fat leaves me at greater risk of cancer, heart disease, and any other illness that you can conjure up, and that we fatties are a drain on the health service and a menace to society.

So I'm going to acknowledge those very valid facts, as I lie on the sofa eating crisps and watching Judge Judy - joke!

I could be wrong, but maybe being miserable and stressed also plays a huge role in contributing to overall health, regardless of your actual size.

It is obviously an unscientific observation, but I am never, ever sick, and my friends are all envious of my robust good health. I walk my dogs every day, and am a fit fatty, so to speak.

And yes, I could drop dead of a sudden heart attack tomorrow, but if the unfairness and randomness of life has taught me one thing, it's that it's just as likely to be healthy old you who hits the deck."

Just as likely? Really?

Before I started running, I could have written an article entitled "I drink over a bottle of wine a night, smoke 20 fags a day and get wasted every weekend but I'm really happy".
    I thought I was really happy :)
    Wonder would I have as much support as this lady does regarding my lifestyle choices? What she's doing is just as damaging by killing herself with food.

bs article...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Ososlo wrote: »
    Before I started running, I could have written an article entitled "I drink over a bottle of wine a night, smoke 20 fags a day and get wasted every weekend but I'm really happy".
    I thought I was really happy :)
    Wonder would I have as much support as this lady does regarding my lifestyle choices? What she's doing is just as damaging by killing herself with food.

bs article...

But shes HAPPY!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement