Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Gender is a surprise for us but a few people I know think I'm having a girl! I have no clue :) I think of the baby in feminine terms a lot but I think that's just because I'm female (if you know what I mean)!

I totally know what you mean. I was convinced I was having a girl too and only because I'm a girl also (well obviously given that I'm nearly seven months pregnant!!)

But yes, I would have said you're having a little lady judging by the way your bump is sitting. I guess there are no hard and fast rules though so you won't know until the little one makes an appearance, how exciting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Girls im so jealous of your lovely neat bumps, im massive wad looking at pics of my 1st pregnancy last week and im as big now as I was at 38 weeks 1st time round x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

25c55169-c1c2-4e09-acfb-1ad6e5b87201.jpg

Feeling extra large at 30 weeks! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    25c55169-c1c2-4e09-acfb-1ad6e5b87201.jpg

That's a generously sized bump alright but it is SOO perfectly round! I love it :)

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    That's a generously sized bump alright but it is SOO perfectly round! I love it :)

I was a reasonably sized baba myself, as was my mother, so thinking this little lady could be well on her way to a 9pounder!

• Advertisement

its big alright but its still a eat bump though

its big alright but its still a eat bump though

Ive put on a lot of weight and was expecting it to make my bump all wide but I'm very lucky I've stayed nice and neat! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

yeah that's some bump! but the shape is great, so perfectly round! how much weight have you put on? I have +9kg at this point (28wks), I'm trying to watch my food portions but it's not working :D

Well you dont look like you have put on weight only bump x

my lg had a stomach bug Monday I now have it :(

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 9kg, that I assure you :o

19kg roughly (it's probably more as that was at my 28 week weigh in), bringing me up to 14.5 stone! :(
    I know a huge chunk of it will come off with baby and breastfeeding, and I know I don't look nearly 15 stone, but I still feel embarrassed when the doctor tuts at me :p

• Advertisement

i would not think it one bit to look at you sha sha you look great x

i would not think it one bit to look at you sha sha you look great x

Thanks, I actually really appreciate that :o
    I'd have no problem accepting that I've gotten fat (since I've done nothing but eat crap), but I was starting to wonder where all the weight was hiding as I looked bigger than this when I was 12st8 (before slimming world). I think the baby is stretching it all out :pac:

Thanks, I actually really appreciate that :o
    I'd have no problem accepting that I've gotten fat (since I've done nothing but eat crap), but I was starting to wonder where all the weight was hiding as I looked bigger than this when I was 12st8 (before slimming world). I think the baby is stretching it all out :pac:

Seriously, you look lovely and are blooming!

I've put on just 16lbs and I am MASSIVE! It is all contained in a massive bump granted but I wouldn't pay too much attention to the scales if you're eating well and feel well then that's what's most important.

Merkin wrote: »
    Seriously, you look lovely and are blooming!

I've put on just 16lbs and I am MASSIVE! It is all contained in a massive bump granted but I wouldn't pay too much attention to the scales if you're eating well and feel well then that's what's most important.

Probably not eating as well as I should Merkin :( Although I explained to both the doctor and the midwife that I had practically no control over my diet with being in college. One bus in the morning at 8am and don't get back home until 6PM. No in between! Very hard to pack enough food for a whole day that doesn't need to be chilled or re-heated (as neither facility is available in the college) and I just didn't have the 15 euro a day to spend in the canteen on dinners!

Officially finished now (aside from four days of exams in two weeks, so going to try and get back on track and at least not put any more on! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

This is me at 28weeks. Ive put on about 12kgs. Feeling huge. Im not eating well at all. Honestly all I eat is crap most of the time. Im not too worried about losing it post baby. Im generally very disciplined but j u st letting pregnancy be my excuse.

dizzymiss wrote: »
    This is me at 28weeks. Ive put on about 12kgs. Feeling huge. Im not eating well at all. Honestly all I eat is crap most of the time. Im not too worried about losing it post baby. Im generally very disciplined but j u st letting pregnancy be my excuse.

I don't know where you're hiding 12kg but you're not huge at all!!!

Girls got a few nice maternity tops in lidl today for €4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

I went to lidl yesterday too to get some clothing! Was lounging around yesterday in a lidl singlet and the black trousers. Very comfy!

I've managed to get away with only being weighed at my first booking appointment, so I have no idea how much weight I've gained myself. Am still able to keep up with the long walks, and have mostly been craving fruit and veges, so I guess that will help. Had a bit of a craving for chocolate around easter, but that has gone now.

the clothes are super comfortabe i went back this morning and got the trousers and another 2 tops :D

Anyone else feeling very fatigued yet??
    I am constantly worn out. I'm still sleeping well so I'm not sleepy tired but I just feel like someone has taken my batteries out. I had been having the odd tired day but this week it's constant. I am on annual leave so maybe it's just the crash that happens when you slow down after a very busy spell. At least I hope it's that cos I'm not sure I'd last another 7 weeks in work the way I feel now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

I'm feeling very tired again too, OceanBlue. Last week I thought I had got my energy back, how stupid was I! Was wrecked over the bank holiday, and have just made it through this week. This has coincided with a sudden expansion of my belly (seemed to be overnight!), so who knows.

Not sure how pregnant women with children do it, but my mother said after a few kids you don't have time to be tired!

I'm on the auld iron tablets (although it would really help if I remembered to take them, I think I have a fortnight gone out of a supply that I've had for a month!) and they've really helped. If I'm stationary I don't get tired, but exertion at all can really exhaust me! I walked to my mums two days ago (usually 10 minutes before I got pregnant) and it took me half an hour, not to mention the burning pain in my shins! I was in bed by half 8 that night and slept right through!! :o

College exams start on Monday - then Thursday - then Monday again - then my final one on Wednesday. And that's it, I am officially out of education!

Abigail has had a huuuuuuge growth spurt - she's really big, really active and most often I can see her bum or feet sticking out and moving around (which doesn't feel as pleasant as I thought it would).

I also find that my bladder fills a million times quicker. Two cups of tea and the pressure is immense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaSha my bladder feels the size of a thimble these days too, I'm hopping to the loo every few minutes, and I dread the thought of long car journeys :p

You're right about the movement not always being pleasant, I find it quite sore when I'm standing up. I'd still rather have it than not though.

Ocean Blue I'm starting to get tired again alright, I'm on my hols at the moment and quickly getting used to my afternoon naps and long periods of doing nada, it's going to be a real struggle going back to work after this...

Hitting the 30 week mark tomorrow, things are getting so close now!! I really must pack my bag as soon as I get home :o

Jerrica wrote: »
    ShaSha my bladder feels the size of a thimble these days too, I'm hopping to the loo every few minutes, and I dread the thought of long car journeys :p

You're right about the movement not always being pleasant, I find it quite sore when I'm standing up. I'd still rather have it than not though.

Ocean Blue I'm starting to get tired again alright, I'm on my hols at the moment and quickly getting used to my afternoon naps and long periods of doing nada, it's going to be a real struggle going back to work after this...

Hitting the 30 week mark tomorrow, things are getting so close now!! I really must pack my bag as soon as I get home :o

Movement is definitely bitter sweet, I love it but I have doubled over like I got a kick in my non-existent gonads when she kicked or moved too quick!

I'm 32 weeks on Thursday and only have half a bag packed - hospital won't give me my list until my 32 week app Tuesday week! I'll be almost 33 weeks by then! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Movement is definitely bitter sweet, I love it but I have doubled over like I got a kick in my non-existent gonads when she kicked or moved too quick!

I'm 32 weeks on Thursday and only have half a bag packed - hospital won't give me my list until my 32 week app Tuesday week! I'll be almost 33 weeks by then! :eek:

There is a good list to be found on the pregnancy chat thread I believe. Most of the posts came from the women who've done this at least once and their tip on how to pack seemed very helpful and useful too. When it comes time for me to start packing I'll be looking the thread up for guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sinker

Hi ladies,

I'm a newbie in this forum, although due in July the 8th. :)

Just thought I would say hi to all of you and wish you a very good pregnancy and birth. :)

I have one question if you know: Is there any postnatal breastfeeding classes available around the Rathcoole area or is the nearest one in Tallaght?

Thanks!

Welcome and congratulations! Can't advise you on the breast feeding group but just wanted to say welcome and hope you are feeling well and enjoying your pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sinker

Many thanks for your reply Merkin! :)
    I am very well, although getting too heavy now to do stuff I want to.. haha and it only gets worse! But I cannot complain, I am happy about it all :)

oh girls the tirdness is kiling me and with a very active 21mth old too :( all i want to do is sleep at the moment,

had a routine dr appointment last week and he gave out to me about the amount of work i am doing at the moment, he wants to sign me off work as soon as possible,

hope all the bumps are well xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Hi everyone, long time no post! Haven't been on boards properly in ages and have been reading the last few pages of the thread and it's reassuring to see some of ye are having the same niggles as myself ☺
    As of Saturday I am 31 weeks gone. I'll be seen every two weeks now either by my GP or in the hospital.
    I started the pregnancy with a great diet and now I can't have a day without having some kind of junk food. I've only 9 weeks to go so I'm hoping to curb my cravings as much as I can!

BTW all the bumps look fabulous xxx

Advertisement