Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Hope everyone is well here, very quiet the last week or so!

I probably should take this to the moan thread but my god being pregnant and sick is just horrible. I want the drugs!! Since Friday I've developed a really bad dry cough. Horrendous bouts of coughing where I can't catch my breath and get really light - headed. I'm actually seeing the proverbial flashing stars in front of my eyes. It's making me gag and vomit as well :(

Hubbie has banished me to bed with the mop bucket while he cleans up downstairs. At least cleaning up baby puke won't seem as bad to him after this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Hope everyone is well here, very quiet the last week or so!

I probably should take this to the moan thread but my god being pregnant and sick is just horrible. I want the drugs!! Since Friday I've developed a really bad dry cough. Horrendous bouts of coughing where I can't catch my breath and get really light - headed. I'm actually seeing the proverbial flashing stars in front of my eyes. It's making me gag and vomit as well :(

Hubbie has banished me to bed with the mop bucket while he cleans up downstairs. At least cleaning up baby puke won't seem as bad to him after this!!

Oh dear, been to the docs yet? I've been told to take any change in vision very seriously!!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Oh dear, been to the docs yet? I've been told to take any change in vision very seriously!!

I can still see fine thankfully! I know it's just a result of not being able to catch my breath for a second and my blood pressure being so low these days. Only lasts a few seconds :)

Not in any rush to go to the docs as I know it's just a viral cough. I feel crap but I know it's nothing sinister. I very boldly took a spoon of codinex which has worked a treat in the last half hour so at least that fit of gagging has stopped :)

I can still see fine thankfully! I know it's just a result of not being able to catch my breath for a second and my blood pressure being so low these days. Only lasts a few seconds :)

Not in any rush to go to the docs as I know it's just a viral cough. I feel crap but I know it's nothing sinister. I very boldly took a spoon of codinex which has worked a treat in the last half hour so at least that fit of gagging has stopped :)

I miss the good meds sooooo much. Luckily I haven't had much need for them!

I have immense pressure all day today, sorta like I've been holding in a number 2 all day, except it's coming from the babymaker. I feel quite bruised and tender "down there" on the outside too! Topped with the period aches, everything is a tad uncomfortable right now!

I miss the good meds sooooo much. Luckily I haven't had much need for them!

I have immense pressure all day today, sorta like I've been holding in a number 2 all day, except it's coming from the babymaker. I feel quite bruised and tender "down there" on the outside too! Topped with the period aches, everything is a tad uncomfortable right now!

I haven't been feeling any pressure yet cos baby's head is still up in my ribs and I'm still neat enough............but the worst fits of coughing are giving me an unpleasant hint of what that pressure will be like. I feel like an old granny wondering if I'm gonna pee myself!! Pregnancy is such a glamorous time :)

• Advertisement

I haven't been feeling any pressure yet cos baby's head is still up in my ribs and I'm still neat enough............but the worst fits of coughing are giving me an unpleasant hint of what that pressure will be like. I feel like an old granny wondering if I'm gonna pee myself!! Pregnancy is such a glamorous time :)

My little missy engaged two weeks ago, and it was fine until today! :o I haven't had any bladder mishaps yet, but I did have an... uh (tmi) clearout today! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaSha a bowel emptying is a very common sign of early labour :) Its like your body is gearing up for the main event! Keep an eye on things. It could just be relief and excitement over finishing your exams of course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hope you're all felling well again soon girls. I'm good, been living it up in London for the weekend; baby Merkin loved the London Eye earlier! Have totally overdone the walking though, was walking through Kensington Gardens yesterday and had a little pressure on my fanjita but it's just from walking wayyy too much! Am like an old lady this evening and feeling quite stiff! Hope we all manage to avoid any really bothersome symptoms. How bad is the heartburn Jerrica? Hopefully it's just a transient thing xx

Jerrica wrote: »
    ShaSha a bowel emptying is a very common sign of early labour :) Its like your body is gearing up for the main event! Keep an eye on things. It could just be relief and excitement over finishing your exams of course!!

I'm keeping a very close eye on things indeed! Not 34 weeks until Thursday. My partner was born at 36 weeks and fine, but it might be a teeny bit too early for this one to make an appearance! :o

It's early alright but she'd be fine if it did happen. Probably best that she stays put a wee bit longer though eh?? ;)

Sounds like you're living the high life Merkin :D The heartburn is annoying but not debilitating, it's just something that's there after I eat and it's a bit of a faceache. I have a pain deep in my lower left hand hip now so I'm doing a lot of ball bouncing. I'm still blessed with the lack of major complaints so I'm trying to minimise the moans!!

Finally got around to packing my my hospital bag though \o/

• Advertisement

Hospital bag... yeah. Think I better pack that tonight :P

Do ShaSha!! You'll be in the MLU and will have access to loads of stuff, but once you cover the basics for your bag you'll be grand. And anything you don't have can be picked up in either Boots or Penneys ;)

Do ShaSha!! You'll be in the MLU and will have access to loads of stuff, but once you cover the basics for your bag you'll be grand. And anything you don't have can be picked up in either Boots or Penneys ;)

I think the only thing I don't have from my list are pyjamas and nipple cream - every girl's essentials :pac:

I think the only thing I don't have from my list are pyjamas and nipple cream - every girl's essentials :pac:

Pregnancy is so sooooooooo sexah! :o

Re the heartburn Jerrica, I've heard that drinking fluids both before and after food can help prevent it, worth a try anyway, hope it's not too bad

Ah sure you're flying so!! Penneys have button down nightshirts at the moment, they're around knee length and only cost a fiver or so. Dunnes have three quarter length stretchy pyjama pants in a veriety of colours, and I've packed a couple of nighttime nursing vests to go with them. H&M do twin sets of nursing vests too.

Nipple cream is flipping expensive :eek: Lansinoh is €20 but some other brands seem to be cheaper.

Actually who am I kidding, pregnancy is expensive, period :D

Merkin wrote: »
    Re the heartburn Jerrica, I've heard that drinking fluids both before and after food can help prevent it, worth a try anyway, hope it's not too bad

Really? Oh I'll give that a try. I'm drinking a good bit of milk at the moment too, hoping that's helps a bit. It's pretty unavoidable at this stage , or at least irreversible once it's started. Ah, be grand!!!

Ah sure you're flying so!! Penneys have button down nightshirts at the moment, they're around knee length and only cost a fiver or so. Dunnes have three quarter length stretchy pyjama pants in a veriety of colours, and I've packed a couple of nighttime nursing vests to go with them. H&M do twin sets of nursing vests too.

Nipple cream is flipping expensive :eek: Lansinoh is €20 but some other brands seem to be cheaper.

Actually who am I kidding, pregnancy is expensive, period :D

I priced it in my local chemist the other day and nearly choked on my own saliva when I saw the price! Boots have Avent nipple cream online for 8 euros a tube, reviews are really good so I might look into getting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

nipple cream is so expensive i was told the last time to express a small bit of colostrum/milk and rub it into the nipples before and after feeds and i never once got sore,

im finishing up work on friday and i cant bloody wait im just not able for all the running and racing of it any more this week is going to go so slow though i know it x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

check adverts.ie or amazon for Lansinoh, 40g tube is definitely less than 20eur :eek: more like 10eur or so.

I haven't packed my hospital bag yet. TBH I don't have any stuff for the baby or myself yet. I'm 32 weeks this Wed, I think I have another 8wks to do it, so no rush here, my baby isn't head down yet either, so we both are taking it very easy, even too relaxed I'd say :D

Re: heartburn. I only get it when I eat crap that I know I shouldn't be eating. e.g. last night my OH was digging into huge plate of ravioli and offered me to join the feast, I was so tempted and allowed myself to eat 4-5 of them. I normally don't eat anything from flour and especially flour + meat mix. only 10mins later I had a bad heartburn and had to reach for Rennie :mad: stupid me.

I have a mild pain in my hips when getting up/sitting down. I don't feel it when I walk, but my walk, oh gosh, I'm getting so slow, taking short little steps, I must look funny with loads of leg action and little progress. I'm aiming for an hour long walk everyday if weather permits.

• Advertisement

j@utis wrote: »
    check adverts.ie or amazon for Lansinoh, 40g tube is definitely less than 20eur :eek: more like 10eur or so.

I haven't packed my hospital bag yet. TBH I don't have any stuff for the baby or myself yet. I'm 32 weeks this Wed, I think I have another 8wks to do it, so no rush here, my baby isn't head down yet either, so we both are taking it very easy, even too relaxed I'd say :D

Re: heartburn. I only get it when I eat crap that I know I shouldn't be eating. e.g. last night my OH was digging into huge plate of ravioli and offered me to join the feast, I was so tempted and allowed myself to eat 4-5 of them. I normally don't eat anything from flour and especially flour + meat mix. only 10mins later I had a bad heartburn and had to reach for Rennie :mad: stupid me.

I have a mild pain in my hips when getting up/sitting down. I don't feel it when I walk, but my walk, oh gosh, I'm getting so slow, taking short little steps, I must look funny with loads of leg action and little progress. I'm aiming for an hour long walk everyday if weather permits.

Maybe 8 weeks until due date, but only 5 until your baby is considered full-term :p

Cracking up with this cough...........can't take codeine for a third day in a row so I just have to struggle on :( We are staying in my folks tonight so neither the hubby or the parents are getting any sleep either.......

You poor thing. Can you sleep lying semi upright, propped up on pillows? It might help ease it a little as I know a cough is always at its worst when you lie down. Hope you're better soon xx

So.... THIRSTY!
    Healthy as can be, just can't seem to get enough drinks. Ice lollies (like plain orange ones, or Mr. Freezes), water, cordial, milk, fizzy drinks - I've tried it all. I just can't seem to quench it!

Eventually got my work rota for June - finished up June 26th! So only 19 more days in work.........eek!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Another 5 more weeks for me, all going well!
    I just hope baby doesn't decide to arrive at 38 + 1. I'd like some rest first!

Rua1 wrote: »
    Another 5 more weeks for me, all going well!
    I just hope baby doesn't decide to arrive at 38 + 1. I'd like some rest first!

I'll be 36+6 because I'm taking a weeks annual leave plus the way my rota falls. So I should Defo have plenty of time to rest!

Another 4 + 1 left for me until maternity leave! Will be 36 +1 so I'm looking forward to being gloriously self-indulgent and going for little massages and treatments etc and keeping up with my swimming etc. I'm 32 weeks today (yay \0/) so goodness only knows what size I'll be in a month's time. Am looking forward to the time off though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Ahhhhh.......that sounds lovely. I love massages! I really must remember to book one, as I keep on forgetting. They really are worth it. May take up swimming soon, I've been power waddling during lunch at work, and after work, and it is starting to get a bit painful on the poor old joints.

• Advertisement

Oh Rua do, it's absolute bliss! Quite a few places do pregnancy massages and packages and it's so relaxing and lovely. Rose oil in particular is a lovely gentle oil to use in pregnancy and while all our energy is going towards growing and nurturing our little bubbas, it is lovely to have some me-time as well, whenever I have a treatment I feel enormously relaxed and pampered. :)

I also can't recommend swimming enough, it has been a godsend since my bump has become really big as it allows me to exercise and keep fit but takes all that pressure off my back and hips, the baby loves it as well! I try to do 25 lengths every visit and I always feel great afterwards as I just can't walk the distances I used to, I'm hoping it will help come labour time!

Advertisement