Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'd be inclined to call her this afternoon ShaSha. Can you excuse yourself from the lab for a few minutes? I presume college is nearer to a hospital than home? If so, you might as well make the call now lest she advise you to go in and be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to call her this afternoon ShaSha. Can you excuse yourself from the lab for a few minutes? I presume college is nearer to a hospital than home? If so, you might as well make the call now lest she advise you to go in and be seen.

Going in and being seen is also impossible until after college. I'm pretty much stranded here until my bus comes at 5PM. I've no credit on my phone to make a call (only ran out bloody last night) and I've just been refused the use of a college phone to call my midwife. College nurse said it's "probably" normal but now I'm panicking that it's waters leaking! :(

What network are you with? I can put credit on your phone from online if you want.

I'm not trying to alarm you but if it is your waters breaking (and it can happen at 25 weeks and you can still go on to have a full term pregnancy so please do not panic) then you need to get yourself to hospital and to have steroids administered asap.I really wouldn't delay with this though, you need to speak to your midwife and if it means scrapping college for the day then so be it.

EDIT: read this, some women leak cervical fluid (which smells like plastic) as they approach 3rd trimester whereas apparently amniotic fluid does not smell. You still need to get it checked out though hon xx

http://www.babycenter.com/400_could-i-be-leaking-amniotic-fluid_915189_70.bc

What network are you with? I can put credit on your phone from online if you want.

I'm not trying to alarm you but if it is your waters breaking (and it can happen at 25 weeks and you can still go on to have a full term pregnancy so please do not panic) then you need to get yourself to hospital and to have steroids administered asap.I really wouldn't delay with this though, you need to speak to your midwife and if it means scrapping college for the day then so be it.

Just got my mother with webtexts, she's topping me up now :(
    Jesus, I hope it's not that, it would take at least two hours for me to even get into my hospital, and that's assuming someone could leave for me now!

Stay calm my love. I just posted you a link above which hopefully explains everything and certainly sounds like what you have been experiencing. You still need to talk to the midwife to err on the side of caution. Don't worry.

• Advertisement

Stay calm my love. I just posted you a link above which hopefully explains everything and certainly sounds like what you have been experiencing. You still need to talk to the midwife to err on the side of caution. Don't worry.

Midwife is consulting with someone and then ringing me back to advise further. She said it sounds like it might be a leak of amniotic fluid but she's happy enough that I still feel movement that isn't excessive or dulled.
    Can't say that helps though :(

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Midwife is consulting with someone and then ringing me back to advise further. She said it sounds like it might be a leak of amniotic fluid but she's happy enough that I still feel movement that isn't excessive or dulled.
    Can't say that helps though :(

I know, not to worry. I'm glad you've made contact. If it is, she will probably advise bed rest ShaSha so make sure you do if this is what she advises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

ShaSha I'm sure that's given you an awful fright but if the Midwife was really worried I'm sure she'd be advising you to come in asap. You are your little girl are going to be just fine :)

She just called back and said that while it does concern her, she feels confident that it's nothing dangerous because
    • It was an isolated incident and there has been no leakage 3 hours later.
    • I am not in any discomfort.
    • Abi is kicking as normal, not more often and harder, or less often and weaker.
    She just told me that she would advise I stay seated, keep hydrated and if I get another one today I am to head straight to hospital as she is worried about a small rupture. :(

I'm glad you've spoken to her. You poor thing, it must have been very frightening. As Jerrica said, if she was very worried she'd have urged you to get to hospital asap and thankfully she hasn't.

• Advertisement

I'm glad you've spoken to her. You poor thing, it must have been very frightening. As Jerrica said, if she was very worried she'd have urged you to get to hospital asap and thankfully she hasn't.

Fright isnt the word! Won't be letting my phone run out of credit again in a hurry! You'd think at 25 weeks pregnant my partner and mother would have been more prompt in contacting me when I text looking for help :pac:
    Words will be had when I get home!

Hope you're feeling ok now xx

Well just a quick update and my MW rang back again and said she honestly wasn't happy the longer she thinks about it. I've started experiencing some mild abdominal discomfort but told her this could just be because she mentioned it originally and I'm imagining it.

Partner is on the way up in a blind panic to collect me and we're heading straight to hospital to get checked out and tested :(

OK. You're better to be seen. I know it's very easy to think the worst but in all probability you are fine and the abdominal pain is probably due to stress and upset. It's easier said than done but have a nice cup of sweet tea and just try and relax until Mr. Bear gets there to take you to hospital ok? They may keep you in for observation so have your Mum on standby to bring in a little bag for you if necessary. I'll be thinking of you, please keep us posted and keep the chin up, you and baby will be fine xx

OK. You're better to be seen. I know it's very easy to think the worst but in all probability you are fine and the abdominal pain is probably due to stress and upset. It's easier said than done but have a nice cup of sweet tea and just try and relax until Mr. Bear gets there to take you to hospital ok? They may keep you in for observation so have your Mum on standby to bring in a little bag for you if necessary. I'll be thinking of you, please keep us posted and keep the chin up, you and baby will be fine xx

I'm not incredibly worried, I was well prepared for stuff that might go wrong and MW confirmed that waters leaking would happen again today if that's what it was.
    TBH more of the upset came from Mr. Bear himself, he started crying on the phone because he hadn't checked his messages and was begging for forgiveness and all sorts. Bless him, I told him not to panic :o

Good girl, it'll all be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

You poor thing, ShashaBear :( I've only just seen all these posts. You absolutely are doing the right thing going in to be checked out. Hopefully it's absolutely nothing and just one of the wonderful things that can happen during pregnancy. Please let us all know how you are getting on, I'm thinking of you.

I've been thinking about you all evening Shasha, I hope you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

oh gosh, ShaSha, I hope you're ok! please let us know when you have some news. fingers crossed!

So finally home with baby staying where she should be! Wasnt my waters but it happened again as I was getting swabbed so she saw what had happened. On pantie watch for the next few days and maximum bed time possible!

• Advertisement

Very pleased that it wasn't your waters. You absolutely did the right thing going into hospital to be checked out.
    I hope you are able to get a good lot of rest over the next few days xxxx

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    So finally home with baby staying where she should be! Wasnt my waters but it happened again as I was getting swabbed so she saw what had happened. On pantie watch for the next few days and maximum bed time possible!

Phewwwww! You poor thing, a very worrying day for you! Rest up and really take it easy over the next few days. I'm so pleased all is ok xx

That's wonderful news ShaSha, rest and recuperate as much as you can for the next wee while!

How are you feeling today ShaSha?

How are you feeling today ShaSha?

Full-blown thrush :(
    MW did say I might be getting an infection, and mentioned thrush, but my urine was clear. Seems the leakage was my body's last ditch effort to prevent it, but I have the itching, burning when peeing and the throbbing and discharge to go with it now. Doc is doing me up a script for it, so at least I know what it was now!

Oh you poor thing, how unpleasant. On the scale of things it could have been however, thrush is manageable and thank God easily treated!

You poor thing with the thrush. Sounds awful. It's good they know what caused your discharge yesterday and are now treating it. Hopefully it won't be long and you'll be all better.

Have to agree, I was secretly delighted, despite the peeing pain and the nasty gook coming out. But I'd take thrush for a month before risking losing Abi in early labour!

Happy mothers day to all us new mum's to be :D

Been spending the last few minutes watching my belly move while Lulu practices kung fu in there :pac:

ShaSha how are you getting on?

• Advertisement

Jerrica wrote: »
    Happy mothers day to all us new mum's to be :D

Been spending the last few minutes watching my belly move while Lulu practices kung fu in there :pac:

ShaSha how are you getting on?

Things are finally clearing up now, so back to normal body function :p
    If only I could get college finished I could properly relax :(
    How is everyone else doing?

Advertisement