Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2014 Babies Club

Options
1545556575860»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Rua1 wrote: »
    Happy first birthday to Ruben! Crazy they are a year old already. Sean turned one a week ago! It's insane how my little baby is now running!!!

We still don't have any walking. She's standing unaided for about 2 seconds (usually it's because she lifts one thing into each hand and forgets she doesn't have one free :o ) but we're in no rush. Considering she only learned to crawl about a month and a half ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

let her crawl as much as she wants Shasha and encourage her to do more. when he just started crawling I used to "leave" him off at the bottom of the stairs every time we came down of after nappy change or a nap, and he had to make his own way into the living or kitchen. Crawling is so good for them. We have two girls in the neighborhood who are very similar age to Ruben, they do not crawl (or walk) and I can see massive difference in their "physiques", esp in their backs. when sitting Ruben's back is "S" shape and those girls' are "C"...

Ruben is running too esp indoors where he's barefoot. He's not as fast outside - shoes really slow him down. I find it hard to buy soft and light footwear that wouldn't affect his walking. When I started shopping for shoes I was quite shocked how heavy and rigid first baby shoes are, esp how heavy, heavy as bricks! awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Hi everyone how is everyone doing? How are ask the little babies or not so little doing

Hi everyone how is everyone doing? How are ask the little babies or not so little doing

Abigail is great! Finally walked at 14 months and now there is no stopping her! Shes a cheeky little blabbermouth, so much character!! Her little sister is due in just over a fortnight so that should be exciting!

• Advertisement

Ah that's fantastic shasha x Bet you can't wait to meet the new edition now x in expecting again too nearly 11 weeks now little surprise 3rd haha x

Ah that's fantastic shasha x Bet you can't wait to meet the new edition now x in expecting again too nearly 11 weeks now little surprise 3rd haha x

Its going to be very weird having a completely reliant baby again, but Im looking forward to it and Im desperate to meet her! Very hard to get our heads around it being a completely different person too!
    11 weeks, massive congrats! X

Thanks shasha x yeah we are delighted very much a shock not planned but will be lovely xx
    You will settle back in to looking after a baby very quick x don't worry about it xx

oh gosh, you're mad ladies going for 2nd! (or 3rd!). Congrats, Betsie and I can't believe that you're nearly there Sasha, I hope everything goes well and easy for you on the big day.

Ruben is doing ok, just recovering from hand, foot and mouth infection. he had it very bad for few days last week but the worst is over now, only last of rash left to go and few scabs to heal.
    Other than that: not a single word from him yet, 16 teeth, very poor eater (not a picky eater, just a non-eater), and we're still boobing away, so mommy's milk is still his primary source of nutrition.

here he is jumping in the muddy puddles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Wow, I can't believe you are nearly due, ShaSha, and congratulations Betsie!
    No news on that front from me, perhaps in a little while, not sure myself.
    Ruben looks so tall, I cannot believe how quickly they grow. HFM is pretty awful, I think my little lad may have had it, as there was an outbreak in the creche, but didn't show any spots externally (this can happen), but was really out of sorts there for a few days at least. Then I think he may have had roseola as well not long after that, which causes very high temperatures, a sore throat and a rash.

We have a few words here, the favourite one at the minute is "choo choo". We bought him a thomas the train at the weekend, and he was very happy going around the shops saying "choo choo".

• Advertisement

Advertisement