Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mux 2 Launched / Saorview Rescan Required

Options

Comments

blastit wrote: »
    Is mux 2 where RTE1 is?

Yes, as well as RTEjr and RTE One +1

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

Karsini wrote: »
    Yes, as well as RTEjr and RTE One +1
    i think i have rte jnr will run down and see... I have rte jnr radio? Is there a junior tv?
    Rte news now is on 6,7 and 8 . 9 has 11 some Irish prog. In the programme guide 11,17 and 18 are blank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Just turned the TV on. I've lost all my saorview channels in Galway. Did a rescan but nothing. What's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭timmy4u2

I lost RTE 1 also but on the second scan it picked it up.b keep trying.

timmy4u2 wrote: »
    I lost RTE 1 also but on the second scan it picked it up.b keep trying.
    tried several times

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

At about 6:45pm to 6:55pm RTE 1 HD lost signal three times on my TV (from 3Rock) for a few seconds at a time (no signal showed on screen).

Did anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PixarSketch

I watch through a Vision VST8010 approved set top box

@PixarSketch I had a look, no sign of it anywhere

Sorry.........i get the saorview direct through the tv, all seems fine since i re-positioned the channels back

Sorry.........i get the saorview direct through the tv, all seems fine since i re-positioned the channels back
    oik no problem:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭timmy4u2

tried several times

I have three systems, two of them are saorview enabled tv's and the other is a walker box.
    The TV lost RTE 1 after the scan. A rescan did not get it back.
    I may have switched the TV off and come back to it later, I am not sure but it reappeared at some stage.
    The old stations, to include RTE 1 were moved along as yours were.
    The Walker box did not have any problem on the rescan and I have not yet rescanned the other TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

At about 6:45pm to 6:55pm RTE 1 HD lost signal three times on my TV (from 3Rock) for a few seconds at a time (no signal showed on screen).

Yeah I got this aswell. Not sure where signal is from. South Limerick with aerial pointing southish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

galtee boy wrote: »
    What do you make of the TG4 teletext on that particular channel ? Coincidence or is that blank HD channel marked for TG4 ?

Possibly testing the HD transmission chain from playout in Baile na hAbhann in Co Galway to multiplexing in Donnybrook to transmission by 2RN prior to launch.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    '11' isn't the frequency, it's just the number assigned in the channel list/programme guide.

The un-named version of RTE1 that appears at no. 11 in your EPG will disappear in a couple of weeks: renumbering won't help here. To continue viewing RTE1, RTE1 +1 & RTE jr., you need to retune & find the 2nd multiplex of services. RTE1 will then reappear as a named service with programme info. at no. 1 in the EPG.
    I tried several times no RTE1. Hav e you any idea how I would find mux 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

You already started your own thread & there was already a 'Saorview rescan . . .' sticky thread. Not much need to post in this one.

Anyhow, you say in the other thread that you're using an indoor aerial: that's likely to be the problem. You just aren't getting a good enough signal.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    You already started your own thread & there was already a 'Saorview rescan . . .' sticky thread. Not much need to post in this one.

Anyhow, you say in the other thread that you're using an indoor aerial: that's likely to be the problem. You just aren't getting a good enough signal.
    not getting an answer there thought you'd know
    Anyhow, you say in the other thread that you're using an indoor aerial: that's likely to be the problem. You just aren't getting a good enough signal
    does mux 2 need a stronger signal? was fine until now.

The signal strength will be about the same for both muxes but the indoor aerial may not be suitable for reception of the 2 different frequencies, Saorview always recommend an outdoor aerial for reception.

Many of the Mux2 problems posted here are aerial related and could be resolved with the correct aerial installation e.g. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87278240&postcount=398

Is mux 2 where RTE1 is?
    i think i have rte jnr will run down and see... I have rte jnr radio? Is there a junior tv?
    Rte news now is on 6,7 and 8 . 9 has 11 some Irish prog. In the programme guide 11,17 and 18 are blank

This is the current channel line up on both multiplexes

Multiplex 1
    LCN
    |
    Channel
    ||
    11|no channel name (RTÉ 1 simulcast)|SD|temporary, ends Mon 4th Nov or Mon 11th Nov?
    02|RTÉ Two|HD|
    03|TV3|SD|
    04|TG4|SD|
    05|3e|SD|
    06|RTÉ News Now|SD|
    17|no channel name (RTÉjr simulcast)|SD|temporary, ends Mon 4th Nov or Mon 11th Nov?
    18|no channel name (RTÉ1 +1 simulcast)|SD|temporary, ends Mon 4th Nov or Mon 11th Nov?
    200|RTÉ Radio 1|Radio|
    201|RTÉ Radio 1 Extra|Radio|
    202|RTÉ 2FM|Radio|
    203|RTÉ Lyric FM|Radio|
    204|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta|Radio|
    205|RTÉ Pulse|Radio|
    206|RTÉ 2XM|Radio
    207*|(not used)||previously RTÉ Choice
    208|RTÉ Gold|Radio|
    209|RTÉ Junior/RTÉ Chill|Radio
    249*|SSU|data channel||

Multiplex 2
    LCN
    |
    Channel
    ||
    01|RTÉ One|HD|
    12*|(no channel name***)|HD|no video or audio
    13*|(no channel name/testcard)|SD|RTÉ Lyric FM audio
    14*|(no channel name***)|HD|no video or audio/TG4 subtitles and teletext
    15*|(no channel name/testcard)|SD|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio
    16|(not used)||
    07|RTÉjr**|SD|
    08|RTÉ One +1**|SD|
    211-212*|(no radio channel names)|Radio|no audio
    213*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|RTÉ Lyric FM audio
    214*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio
    215-217*|(no radio channel names)|Radio|no audio
    218-219*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|RTÉ Gold audio
    220*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|no audio
    250*|SSU|data channel|

* Hidden but can be selected by entering the channel no. via the remote control
    ** RTÉjr 0700-1845 approx / RTÉ One +1 1900-0100/0200 approx. Not timesharing on Mux2. Static on-air caption on RTÉ1 +1/RTÉjr "This channel is currently off air" for non MHEG-5 receivers. Mheg-5 receivers displays a static off-air graphic shortly after changing channels
    ***blank HD 1080i stream/no testcards on LCNs 12 and 14

Channel line-up by LCN
    LCN
    |
    Channel
    ||
    Mux
    |
    01|RTÉ One|HD|2|
    02|RTÉ Two|HD|1|
    03|TV3|SD|1|
    04|TG4|SD|1|
    05|3e|SD|1|
    06|RTÉ News Now|SD|1|
    07|RTÉjr**|SD|2|
    08|RTÉ One +1**|SD|2|
    09-10|(not used)|||
    11|no channel name (RTÉ 1 simulcast)|SD|1|temporary, ends Mon 4th Nov or Mon 11th Nov?
    12*|(no channel name***)|HD|2|no video or audio
    13*|(no channel name/testcard)|SD|2|RTÉ Lyric FM audio
    14*|(no channel name***)|HD|2|no video or audio/TG4 subtitles and teletext
    15*|(no channel name/testcard)|SD|2| RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio
    16|(not used)|||
    17|no channel name (RTÉjr simulcast)|SD|1|temporary, ends Mon 4th Nov or Mon 11th Nov?
    18|no channel name (RTÉ1 +1 simulcast)|SD|1|temporary, ends Mon 4th Nov or Mon 11th Nov?
    200|RTÉ Radio 1|Radio|1|
    201|RTÉ Radio 1 Extra|Radio|1|
    202|RTÉ 2FM|Radio|1|
    203|RTÉ Lyric FM|Radio|1|
    204|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta|Radio|1|
    205|RTÉ Pulse|Radio|1|
    206|RTÉ 2XM|Radio|1|
    207*|(not used)||1|previously RTÉ Choice
    208|RTÉ Gold|Radio|1|
    209|RTÉ Junior/RTÉ Chill|Radio|1|
    210|(not used)||
    211-212*|(no radio channel names)|Radio|2|no audio
    213*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|2|RTÉ Lyric FM audio
    214*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|2|RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio
    215-217*|(no radio channel names)|Radio|2|no audio
    218-219*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|2|RTÉ Gold audio
    220*|(no radio channel name)|Radio|2|no audio
    249*|SSU|data channel|1|
    250*|SSU|data channel|2|

You could try moving the aerial around: you might find a 'sweet spot' where reception of all channels is possible. Helps if you can bring up signal strength/quality display by going into manual tune & selecting the correct frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭eddieoregan

Same here (from Mullaghanish)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

That would suggest they lost the full multiplex signal to all transmitters on mux1 three times in 10 minutes.

Wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

not yet sorted with mux 2 on spur hill. What date are the duplicate channels on Mux 1 to be switched off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Happened with the Castlebar transmitter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭formerly scottish paddy

That would suggest they lost the full multiplex signal to all transmitters on mux1 three times in 10 minutes.
    Wonder why?
    Probably a lot of re-plugging going on (RTE 1HD?)

kooga wrote: »
    What date are the duplicate channels on Mux 1 to be switched off?

Haven't seen an official date but 2 weeks was mentioned at the start, so it could be this coming Monday, Nov 4th. It could depend on the number of calls being received on the issue in the Saorview office.

Also Souriau posted this recently - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87261145&postcount=27

Probably a lot of re-plugging going on (RTE 1HD?)

Or resetting the equipment?

Maybe there was a power cut, it being Halloween & all . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Looks like the TG4 subtitles on test channel 14 have been switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Since yesterday I noticed that RTEjr video feed was offair after 7pm, like on Mux 1, and today on RTE1+1 also no video feed, just MHEG-5 placecard

RTE1HD is now multiplexing, before it was fixed at 17.3% of the bandwidth, now it is up to 20%
    RTEjr is using less bandwidth now, just 13%.
    Spare bandwidth is 23% at the moment

and teletext also.

Souriau wrote: »
    Since yesterday I noticed that RTEjr video feed was offairafter 7pm, like on Mux 1 and today, and RTE1+1 also no video feed, just MHEG-5 placecard

Saw that earlier, no point paying for 2 video streams I guess if you're only going to use them half the time for actual programming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Yes, that is confirmed on the bar snapshot I taken today and on 30th Oct.

With teletext and subtitles on channel 14/2104

and today with no teletext and subtitles

As you see there is no 'Other' data, in red, for channel 14/2104 today but was there before.

Advertisement