Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Anybody recommend a good remote sized keyboard? The K400 seems too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

banham wrote: »
    Anybody recommend a good remote sized keyboard? The K400 seems too big.

I've just ordered the Minix Neo A2 from gearbest, I was veering between it and the Mele F10 pro, but as I've just ordered the X8-h plus, i decided to plump for compatability in the end.

But the Mele F10 pro looks like a good piece of kit and gets good reviews, both of them were coming in at about the €22-€25 mark from the chinese sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Invincible wrote: »
    Allyall said that the M8C was made by a different manufacturer than the M8 that gave problems. He/She hasn't posted here in a while and PM box is full. Can anyone answer regarding best manufacturer above?
    Got price of $67

Either/Or.
    Sorry, I hadn't seen other post. Not with it at the minute..

Eny are not without problems, but are more established than Shiningworth. Either should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I've just ordered the Minix Neo A2 from gearbest, I was veering between it and the Mele F10 pro, but as I've just ordered the X8-h plus, i decided to plump for compatability in the end.

But the Mele F10 pro looks like a good piece of kit and gets good reviews, both of them were coming in at about the €22-€25 mark from the chinese sites.

I got a MiniX NEO M1 Airmouse with my Minix, have never used.....is the A2 much better?

Just wondering what version of XBMC people are running? I am on Minix 13.3.3 on the X8-H and just running 13.2 on the Tablet.....

I see there is Kodi out on nightly update but wondering is it stable?

My new box is on route which I am going to try out Linux on so wondering should I just stick with stable version 13.2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Got my MX3 this morning, looking forward to playing with it later. DHL charged me €17 vat/handling fee so its €86 delivered. About a 1 month sub to sky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

rob316 wrote: »
    Got my MX3 this morning, looking forward to playing with it later. DHL charged me €17 vat/handling fee so its €86 delivered. About a 1 month sub to sky ;)

€17,god that's hefty is it?

Assume that's the 2gb version? Let me know how stable it is as I have the 1gb on the slow boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just wondering what version of XBMC people are running? I am on Minix 13.3.3 on the X8-H and just running 13.2 on the Tablet.....

I see there is Kodi out on nightly update but wondering is it stable?

My new box is on route which I am going to try out Linux on so wondering should I just stick with stable version 13.2?

13.2 as well though the latest RC is proving okish but still won't switch to it.

How long was delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I've an ouya myself which runs xbmc perfectly for me but being messing around with an m8 for last few days . Good box tempted to pick something similar myself now.

• Advertisement

€17,god that's hefty is it?

Assume that's the 2gb version? Let me know how stable it is as I have the 1gb on the slow boat

€10 of that is there handling charge, bastards only started charging one 6 months ago. It was only €7 vat, no duty as its electronics. Value was marked $43.
    How long was delivery?

I ordered on the 1st and it was out for delivery yesterday but I had to pop out and missed him. So pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

€10 of that is there handling charge, bastards only started charging one 6 months ago. It was only €7 vat, no duty as its electronics. Value was marked $43.

I ordered on the 1st and it was out for delivery yesterday but I had to pop out and missed him. So pretty quick.

How is the 17 euro paid ? credit card reader with the delivery guy or...?

jaykay74 wrote: »
    How is the 17 euro paid ? credit card reader with the delivery guy or...?

I had to go to the depot to collect so paid by card, but I deal with DHL all the time and they will take cheque or cash on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hey guys,
    is a Linux or Android box better?

Basically I have a Nsa325 V2 pretty well stacked with MKv files.
    It is a bit of a pain at the moment as I an streaming them to my TV via a PCH 110,
    I only see file name so have to start the movie to see what it is and possibly do this 10 times before i get to find one I want to watch.

I would be hoping xbmc would give me a menu of sorts that I caould read what the movie is about or am I on the wrong track?

I am basing my guesswork on an original Xbox I had running xbmc and it was briliant for this.

Also.
    I know not much can be discussed on what else these boxes can do so I am at a loss in that department.
    I currently have a Humax Freesat receiver which is great only sometimes there is nothing decent to watch or something I havent seen before.

If anyone would like to pm me I can give them my email address so as I can be advised on the "Hidden" features of these.

Thanks

vectra wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I have used Android boxes for over a year now and have found them to be great. There is also some other app options on the Android that you can use so I would start at that

I am looking for something new to mess around with so going to try and load up box with Linux....

There is some of the other guys here who have better experience of Linux for XBMC but majority of people running XBMC on Android

I have used Android boxes for over a year now and have found them to be great. There is also some other app options on the Android that you can use so I would start at that

I am looking for something new to mess around with so going to try and load up box with Linux....

There is some of the other guys here who have better experience of Linux for XBMC but majority of people running XBMC on Android

Thanks for the swift reply.
    I have been looking at some android boxes over the past few weeks and a buddy of mine said the only one to buy is this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minix-Neo-X8-H-Amlogic-Quad-Core-S802H-XBMC-13-0-Dolby-DTS-4K-Neo-A2-air-mouse-/360945542408?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item540a07e508

Thanks for the swift reply.
    I have been looking at some android boxes over the past few weeks and a buddy of mine said the only one to buy is this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minix-Neo-X8-H-Amlogic-Quad-Core-S802H-XBMC-13-0-Dolby-DTS-4K-Neo-A2-air-mouse-/360945542408?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item540a07e508

I have one of them and will be selling on in a week or so :D

The Minix is a good hardware box, and they finally have released an official firmware for it. But there is other options around.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Hey guys,

I would be hoping xbmc would give me a menu of sorts that I caould read what the movie is about or am I on the wrong track?

Thanks

Common denominator is the XBMC - it's the business! Android or Linux - whatever floats your boat, as long as it runs XBMC well, you're sorted!

XBMC does indeed give you a menu, point it to your library and it goes off to the internet and grabs pics and descriptions for all your content and displays it on screen so it's exactly what you need.

I know it was mentioned here before about launchers......

I haev tried Nova but can't understand why I would bother for XBMC

Was linked to TV launcher on here but it was always asking to pay for app, done some research.

TV Launcher in development, community below. If you join you can then join up as developer so get free acess to app

https://plus.google.com/communities/105478564940183531371

Or go non-developer route and download APK from here. There is no support etc for it but it works
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2xorntdy2z736f2/TVLauncher2_non_play_store.apk

Guys

Seen this on the Bargains forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057341412

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_124593.html

With coupon code MK808BLG, €23.24 free shipping

Doesn't look a bad spec for the price. Anybody have any of these? I know at the very start of this thread the recommendation was the older version of this running the RK3188 proc

Is the wifi dodgy on them?

• Advertisement

So I was messing around with my new MX3 earlier and hooked it up to one of the screens in work. Very impressive so far, zero lag and played a couple of 1080p streams flawlessly.
    I'll get it home later and put it through the paces.

I have one of them and will be selling on in a week or so :D

Wanna pm me with some figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I got a MiniX NEO M1 Airmouse with my Minix, have never used.....is the A2 much better?

Honestly, I don't know, i've not received it yet, I felt the need for the wireless keyboard for setting up the Addons on XBMC, the fact that its one device for gyro mouse and keyboard appealed to me and the compatability with the box.

On the down side I hear they're heavy on battery's, but I 'll probably use the rechargeable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

I will refer back to my post on bargains forum:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057341412&page=2

Did you check for firmwares?

No dont know wat to look for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Can anyone confirm is there updated firmware or roms available to flash to the mx3 1GB boxs or is it only the 2GBs?

Dave 101 wrote: »
    No dont know wat to look for?

From the ad the price is way too low. There is no feedback on buyer so looks like a scam to me....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Big Nelly, I ordered one of those MK808b Plus from the BA forum. Had seen them when they were released a couple of weeks ago and meant to post here about them but think they were $40 at the time from Geekbuying. I'm still using the 808b which I'll be able to sell on for 25 Euro, so this will be a free upgrade. Already have an Ethernet adapter and USB hub for it anyway. From reading the review it seems to be able to handle most 1080p streaming which the 808b struggles with, plus it supports H.265. Hard to pass up at 25 Euro with hopefully no VAT!

• Advertisement

Blade wrote: »
    Big Nelly, I ordered one of those MK808b Plus from the BA forum. Had seen them when they were released a couple of weeks ago and meant to post here about them but think they were $40 at the time from Geekbuying. I'm still using the 808b which I'll be able to sell on for 25 Euro, so this will be a free upgrade. Already have an Ethernet adapter and USB hub for it anyway. From reading the review it seems to be able to handle most 1080p streaming which the 808b struggles with, plus it supports H.265. Hard to pass up at 25 Euro with hopefully no VAT!

Ordered one as well.....I not sure why because I don't need it but as you mention it is hard to pass up a bargain like it......

Will invest in Ethernet and USB hub, I remember from my first days on this thread you telling me about the bundle with the 808b I think on geekbuying.....would be about a year ago now....how the time has flown!! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement