Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

dahat wrote: »
    Can't really discuss here on detail I'm afraid.

Mash up is dead by the way in case you didn't know.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,684 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Google TV Add on's wizard

Then it is youtube.....

Or this guys blog, an essential read for a starter or confused folk.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/xbmc/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Or this guys blog, an essential read for a starter or confused folk.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/xbmc/

+1

Also the xbmchub repo is good too. Adds a lot of nice maintenance tools too.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Where did you buy it from?

geekbuying.com

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

I ordered the mxq from GearBest.com in November. Cost 40 euro. It got shipped on Nov 19th with standard shipping. Think it was thru Netherlands post. . I got a letter from customs on Dec 10th to say that they had my parcel and to provide proof of purchase so costing me another sixteen euro for customs and handling. Should be hear early next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

5500 wrote: »
    For anyone who used NL post as an option how long did it take to land in Ireland from the time it showed as pre advised on tracking

2 weeks for me,didn't avoid customs though.

Think next time I am going to use faster shipping. Have the MXIII on way but going from here it will be second week in January before I get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Think next time I am going to use faster shipping. Have the MXIII on way but going from here it will be second week in January before I get it.

Do you use parcel motel? I find it much faster as they ship direct to england. Delivery to Ireland seems to go via Europe so takes much longer!

Do you use parcel motel? I find it much faster as they ship direct to england. Delivery to Ireland seems to go via Europe so takes much longer!

No, only found you could do that after the purchase. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Invincible

Have an M8S S812 2GB on the way with PM, thank's to your tip michael999999 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Invincible wrote: »

Did you have this delivered to the UK Parcel Motel Address?

If so you need to be careful because if the UK customs find there is Customs Duty owing on it PM will not accept the parcel and it will be sent back according to the PM support!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,974 ✭✭✭DenMan

I have iSTREAM running perfectly on my Minix X-8H but for some reason it won't run on my Windows 8 PC. I get a script error even though I've followed the tutorial perfectly! I don't use the PC version that often just for add on testing purposes and searching for videos. Not sure what's up! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

DenMan wrote: »
    I have iSTREAM running perfectly on my Minix X-8H but for some reason it won't run on my Windows 8 PC. I get a script error even though I've followed the tutorial perfectly! I don't use the PC version that often just for add on testing purposes and searching for videos. Not sure what's up! :confused:

Sent you a PM with a possible(99% Sure) fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

bazzz wrote: »
    Sent you a PM with a possible(99% Sure) fix.

Any chance you could send it to me, having the same error. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Any chance you could send it to me, having the same error. Thanks

Sent

reni10 wrote: »
    Did you have this delivered to the UK Parcel Motel Address?

If so you need to be careful because if the UK customs find there is Customs Duty owing on it PM will not accept the parcel and it will be sent back according to the PM support!

Never had a problem yet. Just got another two Linux boxes for Christmas present delivered this morning. Only ordered on the 3rd.

Never had a problem yet. Just got another two Linux boxes for Christmas present delivered this morning. Only ordered on the 3rd.

How many have you ordered through UK PM?

And all would have had customs duty payable in Ireland but escaped the UK fees?

reni10 wrote: »
    How many have you ordered through UK PM?

And all would have had customs duty payable in Ireland but escaped the UK fees?

Have no problem paying the duty on them in Ireland, I dont use PM to dodge them.

But I absolutely refuse to pay a 7euro "handling fee" to the parasites in an post to deliver something they have already been paid to do!

You get it delivered to PM in Antrim?

Invincible wrote: »

Is that the android or openelec OS?

Had the android version and found the wi fi ****e. Using an mx2 open elec and its superb. Its ten times faster than the android version of the same box I had last year.

• Advertisement

You get it delivered to PM in Antrim?

Ya. Usually if it's in Antrim depot tonight, it'll be in locker for collection for 10 following morning.

Have no problem paying the duty on them in Ireland, I dont use PM to dodge them.

But I absolutely refuse to pay a 7euro "handling fee" to the parasites in an post to deliver something they have already been paid to do!

So you have never been caught for a customs charge or handling charge when using pm UK?

How many have you had come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I have a minix x8 h and everything is perfect except for when I try turn on the iptv service in xbmc. It's freezes up and I need to restart the box. Running the latest version of xbmc not kodi.

Can anyone help?

The handling charge is to cover the cost of labour to them for the paperwork with customs.

Guys I have 2gb mx3 and im delighted with it but I want to give a present of one for Christmas only I don't love them enough to give them a 2gb, would there be much of difference performance wise in the 1gb?

rob316 wrote: »
    The handling charge is to cover the cost of labour to them for the paperwork with customs.

There is no extra paperwork for them. All dealings are done with Customs.

Anyone know much about this? I was looking for something a bit closer to home for a present and this looks good about €63 it would cost

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-Cyclone-Android-Media-Player/dp/B00P7WI8AA

has some decent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Invincible

Is that the android or openelec OS?

Had the android version and found the wi fi ****e. Using an mx2 open elec and its superb. Its ten times faster than the android version of the same box I had last year.

It's android version, but Allyall reckons they're an upgrade on the original M8.
    Is there much into loading openelec onto one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    I have a minix x8 h and everything is perfect except for when I try turn on the iptv service in xbmc. It's freezes up and I need to restart the box. Running the latest version of xbmc not kodi.

Can anyone help?

it freezes when you're setting it up?
    you need to update the firmware on the box.
    http://androidpcreview.com/new-minix-firmware-for-the-neo-x8-and-neo-x8-h/2007/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

hi there, have been looking at this thread and am thinking of buying a box for myself. i have a low end hp 625 laptop with windows 7 that i use for xbmc, watching sports streams from s****s d***l (am i allowed name the addon??)

apart from the box being a dedicated streaming device is there any other benifits performance wise? if anyone can recommend an xbmc for dummies guide cos a lot of the terminology goes over me tbh:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement